KotOR II Movie/Music Patch Coming Soon

Either John Morgan was making an official announcement that was sanctioned by LA, and the patch will appear (probably Sunday night), OR he was speaking out of school, in some sort of PR man

Just as an aside, Troika had similarly good designers/staff working for them (they're also from BIS- gogo Fallout), and they too failed.  And eventually got to the point where they couldn't get publisher support after continually blaming their publishers for the problems with their games.

And people wonder why Obsidian doesn't come out and flat out blame Lucasarts. Perhaps because they don't want to get a reputation for placing the blame on publishers?

Exactly, although we may well be doing the job for them. [ Add ] The distinction between the fanbase holding that impression and the Developers fostering it is realistically minute. If it hurt LA's PR for them to work with them in the past (for whatever reason), then they are less likly to work with them again in the future.

Troika's trouble was they continually got less and less leeway from publishers because of their 'failures', and continued bad relations with them. Of course, a good number of Troika's earlier problems were actually their publisher failing to live up to their part of the deal (Infogrammes QA should have under no reason let a bug that deletes Krnl386.dll get through). That, and development ceasing for long periods of time during the game's delays (Arcanum and Bloodlines come to mind here).

Obsidian needs a solid game, given that they are doing NWN2, I suspect that they will not be as prone to a Cut-and-Run by Bioware saying they must get the game out now, and not in 2 monthes. Developing for LucasArts is difficult, especially for a premier game. It has the benefits of instant exposure, but time issues are a major pain.

Just want to repeat something, I'm not suggesting that folks give OE any slack for the game. I'm just explaining why I'm tolerant and still amiable to the idea of buying future games. That and a the quirkish history of the shared development history of them and Troika.

Guest MacleodCorp

It is now 2033, and then Mr. Morgan comes into the empty forums and says, "The movie and sound patch will be released in the next day." Then the miracle happens, they release the patch...

I am just joking.. Lighten up the room!!! (w00t)

"Then the miracle happens, they release the patch...

I am just joking..Lighten up the room!!! (w00t)"

That was a good joke :D

I can't believ eyou said "they release the patch" with a straight face :thumbsup:

What people need to understand is that K2 sold a hell of a lot just by being a Knights game and getting great reviews during christmas, which is the main income period of the year in biz. Internet moaning and phrases like "cut content" don't mean jack**** to mainstream audience=main customers. Those few hundred thousand people bought the game and; seem to be satisfied enough. Internet fanbase is the most minor of minorities; that's why petitions on internet never go anywhere. Now, if somebody should start a letter campaign from fans to LucasArts, as formal as possible; then we'd be talking business, gears would turn.

I'm willing to bet that Obs took the input recieved from K2 seriously and will see that it doesn't make the same mistakes. No one wants another Troika.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

So whats the deal here?  Why is it so goddamn hard to get current info out of Lucas or Obsidian?

olaf

LucasArts don't see it as a priority and are busy settling in to their new HQ. Obsidian can't release information without clearing it with LucasArts, I'd guess, so the same problem applies.

It's a shame we can't see the results of that on-line survey they did a while back.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

It's a shame we can't see the results of that on-line survey they did a while back.

The survery results are still being tallied by Lucasarts' Q&A department. We'll know the results in a couple of years.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The survery results are still being tallied by Lucasarts' Q&A department. We'll know the results in a couple of years.

Hahahahahaha.

That made me laugh... :lol:

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

What survey was that?

I received in may a mail in the mailbox where I registered the game with a link to a survey. It was KotOR 2-centric and asked a lot of very interesting questions about what I though of many points of the game. Obviously, I did not miss this wonderful occasion to tell them all the bad I think of rushed and non finished games.

Guest MacleodCorp
So whats the deal here?  Why is it so goddamn hard to get current info out of Lucas or Obsidian?

olaf

Intresting! I wonder what Sigmond Freud would say!?!?! They have issues! (w00t)

What survey was that?

I received in may a mail in the mailbox where I registered the game with a link to a survey. It was KotOR 2-centric and asked a lot of very interesting questions about what I though of many points of the game. Obviously, I did not miss this wonderful occasion to tell them all the bad I think of rushed and non finished games.

Well, survey's are good forms of feedback, since the company is specifically asking for it.

Hopefully they'll have taken some things to heart.

I certainly wasn't taken out of the game by the music.

I barely notice the music (which is the way it should be IMO). Increasing the quality of it would mean I would barely notice higher quality to music.

I don't stop playing the game to go "ooooo, this is in English 7.1!"

Guest MacleodCorp

At this point, I don't care any more... Patch or no patch... I am working on mods, and I could careless... I think at the end of the month, I will be walking away from the game indefinatly. I mean, yeah you install the movie and sound patch, but it is not going to do anything new to the game. No new content, fixes, etc... Who really cares. Lucas Arts made their money, and we were all suckers. Move on....