GAME INFORMER ON KOTOR3

XboxSithLord

well I don't know but we can still have hopes for Kotor 3. and just hopefully a good RPG sequel K3 isn'tgoing to go down the toliet. I mean as some people have said on theses boards that Lucasarts could get rich all over again if a K3 was done because of the high demand for K3 and it could do well in sales if game companies even bothered to listen to fans who made them rich in the first place.

I strongly believe/hope KOTOR 3 will be made. It would be stupid not to do one, considering the amount of $$$ to be made. I don't think it will be made by Obsidian, however. It would be sweet if Bioware did it, but they already refused. As for right now, all we can do is cross our fingers and hope. :unsure: And hopefully, we'll actually get a complete game when it does come out.

I strongly believe/hope KOTOR 3 will be made.  It would be stupid not to do one, considering the amount of $$$ to be made.  I don't think it will be made by Obsidian, however.  It would be sweet if Bioware did it, but they already refused.  As for right now, all we can do is cross our fingers and hope.  :)  And hopefully, we'll actually get a complete game when it does come out.

IN SPE........

This whole thing with KOTOR3 team being fired is taken completely out of context.

First of all they weren't fired, they were laid off. Big difference.

Secondly this all happened before Kotor2 was even released on the X-Box in the US.

Thirdly Lucasarts' President is reducing the company size and creating less games a year instead their usual flood the market with different Star Wars games like super bombad racing. They said they would like it to be where they only release 2-3 games a year as a publisher and create more games like Mercenaries.

All Lucasarts was doing was putting KOTOR3 on the shelf in order to save money and waited to see how KOTOR2 would do before committing themselves to making another one. (Speaking of which how did KOTOR2 sell.)

Lastly we can't know what was going on behind closed doors at Lucasarts or Obsidian. Also people should really stop ragging on LA so much considering that they produce much better games that they did between 1999-2002. At least I think people should stop ragging on LA.

I'm with Bastila_Skywalker and that we can hope for K3.

I strongly believe/hope KOTOR 3 will be made.  It would be stupid not to do one, considering the amount of $$$ to be made.  I don't think it will be made by Obsidian, however.  It would be sweet if Bioware did it, but they already refused.  As for right now, all we can do is cross our fingers and hope.  ;)  And hopefully, we'll actually get a complete game when it does come out.

IN SPE........

SPE? :)

Who bloody cares? KotOR 2's ending sucked crap and doesn't deserve a sequel. Bad games don't deserve a sequel. I guess we are going to start all over again with a new character again. Or will they put in even more implausible reasoning for the PC and the rest of the crew (if we have the same NPCs) are back to single digit levels.

KotOR 2 had bad rules implementation as well as damn amateurish writing for the end, and the whole part of Malachor was the worse design I have ever played in a game.

Was all this Obsidian's fault? Partially. Part of it is LA's fault for not letting the buggers at Obsidian finish the game in the first place. If Obsidian is doing business again with those ****s at LA then they are stupid.

I hate to be an ass on this but LA did nothing for Obsidian's rep. Doing another poor game with poor support will only drag Obsidian down the path of Troika and I don't want to see that.

Harvey

Well, I'm holding on to the faint hope that the devs learned their lesson with K2 and that we'll get a kickass game in K3.

@ 6FIR: K2 was a big disappointment too, I thought. But the game was also very successful, and LA should know by now that they have a franchise on their hands. But still, even though it wasn't that good, most fans want to see how the storyline ends and what will happen to our beloved :) characters Revan and the exile.

K1 was a very good game. K2 was good, but a big letdown. I still think the devs can undo their mistake and give us a great game with a good story and closure. Besides, if they don't make a sequal, we'll be left with a story with a MAJOR cliffhanger. Not a good move on their part. So yeah, I am hoping for a sequel, but I'm hoping for a good sequal.

1st: anakin you know what i have noticed. What ever anyone posts on this forum you argue it. So suck it with your 4,000 posts. What the hell do you do all day?

2nd: im not gonna post it in different threads when not everyone will look at MY post. Smarter 2 post it in the open.

3rd: I promise you that not everyone on this forum has seen this. So thought i would be nice

4th: get laid and get a life.

-Matt

lols