A Battlefield 2 thread

Jumjalum

A battlefield is no place for a sniper, they're used exclusively for recon or sabotage at ranges of +500m. Most armies have designated marksmen in the squads these days but theyre just ordinary soldiers with a small scope like an ACOG mounted on their assault rifle. And there is no function of a sniper in MPFPS games that another class couldnt fill.

You obviously have no clue about modern urban warfare... :thumbsup:"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

If you arent good at killing people, play as a medic and join a squad.  You can let everyone else do the killing while you keep low and occasionally run out and revive fallen comrades with your shock paddles.  Medics are probably the easiest class to rack up points in - I wasn't even playing particularly well in my last game and I was third on the leaderboard.  And I'm very far from being a FPS pro.

I ocasionaly play PvP in Guild Wars and I have no desire to play a medic, I seen how monks have to deal with healing its not my thing.

The problem with online games is PUGs only go as far and get slaughtered by any clan/guild since those guys live for PvP and do a lot of stategy training that PUGs naturaly lack and joining a guild/clan means time investement I really dont feel I can do since I dont live to play one game.

Thats a problem with games that end up being more a job that entertaiment, online PvP games are expecialy guilty of that.

drakron.png

Damn, it's finally out?!

I'm looking forward to this game, but I have to wait for my new video card before I can play it. And the stupid thing is on backorder for God knows how long.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

It's cool being a medic and jumping into an APC, since it makes your APC a mobile healing station.  Also, while yes guys do die relatively quicklky in these sorts of games, medics can be useful because they can actually revive people from the dead.  Given that you cannot immediately respawn in this game (there are respawn intervals, usually about 15 seconds or so), so a medic can come in and whip out a defibrilator and zap you back to life.  It's actually pretty fun when bullets are whizzing along and that enemy plane is strafing you!

The main bonus about reviving someone from the dead is that if you don't your team loses a ticket since every respawn costs 1 ticket. When your team runs out of tickets you lose the game.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

You obviously have no clue about modern urban warfare... :blink:"

Oh, yeah? And youre a poopie-head ;)

Ive been playing online now just random games and I really wish I was in a clan again, because its just complete chaos. The maps are far too big and everyone is just running around aimlessly. I had better games playing against the computer. Its fun because the chopper people are so busy playing with their new toys that you can easily take them down using a jeep and switching position between gunner/driver

But this game would RULE at a LAN when you got your friends with you and you can coordinate movement at actually use tactics.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If you arent good at killing people, play as a medic and join a squad.  You can let everyone else do the killing while you keep low and occasionally run out and revive fallen comrades with your shock paddles.  Medics are probably the easiest class to rack up points in - I wasn't even playing particularly well in my last game and I was third on the leaderboard.  And I'm very far from being a FPS pro.

I ocasionaly play PvP in Guild Wars and I have no desire to play a medic, I seen how monks have to deal with healing its not my thing.

The problem with online games is PUGs only go as far and get slaughtered by any clan/guild since those guys live for PvP and do a lot of stategy training that PUGs naturaly lack and joining a guild/clan means time investement I really dont feel I can do since I dont live to play one game.

Thats a problem with games that end up being more a job that entertaiment, online PvP games are expecialy guilty of that.

Lucky for you, what you base your opinion on really has nothing to do with a completely different game, both gameplay-wise and game-mechanic wise.

To compare the monk in Guild Wars to the Medic in BF2 is pretty stupid.

Furthermore, clans do NOT play organized games on the public servers of BF2 (or really any public servers), so you'll never have to worry about the incident that you describe in Guild Wars.

Why you would compare a very deliberate, skill based MMORPG with an FPS is beyond me though.

clans do NOT play organized games on the public servers

When I was in the ph34rd MoH:AA monkey-clan we often went on public servers to rape people when we were bored. It was great :thumbsup:

Just now i was playing Bf2 and I successfully raped the American base and was about to take their flag when the cannons started firing. Im thinking "This better not be 'Broken arrow' or Im so very dead." Second later Im blown to smithereens as the shells hit :)

(broken arrow = camp overrun, all artillery to fire on our own position)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

clans do NOT play organized games on the public servers

When I was in the ph34rd MoH:AA monkey-clan we often went on public servers to rape people when we were bored. It was great :thumbsup:

Just now i was playing Bf2 and I successfully raped the American base and was about to take their flag when the cannons started firing. Im thinking "This better not be 'Broken arrow' or Im so very dead." Second later Im blown to smithereens as the shells hit :p

(broken arrow = camp overrun, all artillery to fire on our own position)

Good old American fire power :D What country were you playing as?

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

I dont know, the other ones... that have all the cool guns :)

..and those guns are Swedish Bofors M77 Howitzers :-"

Oh, yeah? And youre a poopie-head :lol:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Ive been playing online now just random games and I really wish I was in a clan again, because its just complete chaos. The maps are far too big and everyone is just running around aimlessly. I had better games playing against the computer. Its fun because the chopper people are so busy playing with their new toys that you can easily take them down using a jeep and switching position between gunner/driver

Yep. That's one of the worst problems of the game. It's full of n00bs whose only goal in the game is to grab a chopper... only to crash it five seconds later in an astounding display of lack of hand-eye coordination.

But sometimes, only sometimes, you may find a server where people are actually trying to play and win the game, forming squads, making use of the commander features, and sometimes, even ignoring the aircraft spawn points!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Oh, yeah? And youre a poopie-head :lol:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Yep. That's one of the worst problems of the game. It's full of n00bs whose only goal in the game is to grab a chopper... only to crash it five seconds later in an astounding display of lack of hand-eye coordination.

But sometimes, only sometimes, you may find a server where people are actually trying to play and win the game, forming squads, making use of the commander features, and sometimes, even ignoring the aircraft spawn points!

The lack of team work is the main problem in FPS multiplayer games. Like America's Army for example. I couldn't stand how people just ran out like rambo and did not function as a team like they were supposed to. No one likes to use tactics anymore, it's all just run and gun.

And that's an awesome Nooooooooo! I've never seen that one before.

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

Be thankful of that. It's the only reason single-player games still exist :lol:

OTOH there is some serious prize money for online conbatants, now.

South Korea leads, IIRC, but there are a couple of tournaments and it is relatively easy to make a modest income (considering it as work, training like a professional athlete): can you imagine the tax return, "Occupation: virtual athlete". :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I wonder if Lucas will edit that out of later versions as he has done with similar things(Lukes scream when falling into the shaft at cloud city etc.)

I have two friend that are

Of course he will. (I just had to play it again, it is so funny.)

Re: your raping friends; there is nothing else for it, you just have to buy a top-of-the-range computer and monitor and joystick and practice eight-to-ten hours a day until you can rape them.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Practice doesnt work, its the eye-to-hand coordination that does it all in FPS. If you cant instantly twist your mouse to hit a 2x2cm, area on any part of the screen, you'll never ever be 1337 :wub:

The girls I know dont play FPS games so I couldnt verify the theory. Its difficult to determine a persons skillz at playing Sims 2 :D

Practice doesnt work, its the eye-to-hand coordination that does it all in FPS. If you cant instantly twist your mouse to hit a 2x2cm, area on any part of the screen, you'll never ever be 1337 :blink:

Hand-Eye coordination can be trained.

You think all those athletes were just born with those abilities?

I guarantee that if you persistently played FPS games, you would get better at them.

Yes. However it's difficult to catch up with someone who has been playing FPSs for 8-10 hours a day for years already.

Hand-Eye coordination can be trained.

You think all those athletes were just born with those abilities?

I guarantee that if you persistently played FPS games, you would get better at them.

I can definatly second that.

I did that very thing with Doom3 and Halo, i mean i started off as absolutely crap TBH but now ive improved loads, its pretty simple really because all you need is experience.

*shrugs*

Actually it's easier!  It's diminishing returns :-

If I practice basketball for a week straight, I will show more improvement than Michael Jordan, because he's already reached his apex :D

Show more improvement compared to your own skill level? Possibly. Be better than Michael Jordan? Hahahahahahahahahaha

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)