Baldur's Gate Rights

BGDA games were fun. Fun, fun, fun. So much so that Mr. Visceris beat the first one several times at the minimum so we all know he likes them.

And, yeah, Atari owns BG for the PC. :shifty:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Never saw the GBA version. The PS2 versions are fun ,even more so if you play with someone else (as long as they are not an arse).

The second one in particular has these pivitol character moments where you do a series of quests which ultimately lead to you getting a serious power up in what feats you can access.

Length wise, not a whole lot shorter than Jade Empire.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"Length wise, not a whole lot shorter than Jade Empire."

BGDA is no longer than 10 hours, and that's pushing it. BGDA2 is about 15 hours if one is lucky. JE is 20+ hours with some speed demons who seemingly get it done within 15 or so hours if they're actually telling the truth and actually do what they say.

"Length wise, not a whole lot shorter than Jade Empire."

BGDA is no longer than 10 hours, and that's pushing it. BGDA2 is about 15 hours if one is lucky. JE is 20+ hours with some  speed demons who seemingly get it done within 15 or so hours if they're actually telling the truth and actually do what they say.

If you read you will see I am refering to the second one. DA II is close to 20 hours and with much more variation in replayability. Unlike JE the characters do play different from each other on principle rather than just being full bodied heads.

Actually I find it much easier to believe people who finished Jade Empire in 15 hours since all that is required is skipping some of the dialogue VO and simply speed reading. On the other hand I have a hard time buying the 30+ hour claims without introducing some major procrastination into the mix.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Both the 30+ and 20- times are a tad stretching. And, no, BGDA is not mroe replayable than JE. Only a foolish non role-player would think that. JE has different ways to complete quests, different interactions with npcs (both in party and out), different ways to approach battle which is the only thing that BGDA2 does as well and in some ways better.

People seem to be mistaken about the character models. Theyw er enever meant to be different characters. They're no different than the character models found in other RPGs. The player decides how to role-play his character; not some silly character model. And, no, BGDA2 is not 20 hours. It's closer to 15. It took me just over 16 hours to complete.

Meh. Either way, the point is, BGDA games are fun and Visceris agrees. :thumbsup:

Both the 30+ and 20- times are a tad stretching. And, no, BGDA is not mroe replayable than JE. Only a foolish non role-player would think that. JE has different ways to complete quests, different interactions with npcs (both in party and out), different ways to approach battle which is the only thing that BGDA2 does as well and in some ways better.

People seem to be mistaken about the character models. Theyw er enever meant to be different characters.  They're no different than the character models found in other RPGs. The player decides how to role-play his character; not some silly character model. And, no, BGDA2 is not 20 years. It's closer to 15. It took me just over 16 hours to complete.

Meh. Either way, the point is, BGDA games are fun and Visceris agrees. :thumbsup:

Yes fundamentally it is. The characters in DAII play differently Jade Empire characters do not. Whether or not you can choose different conversation options has no bearing at all on this. Plus of course you have the two player aspect, which JE dosnt have.

With Jade Empires camera view a DA style game would be absolutely spiffy.

People on the bioware boards are good for endless hours of amusement.

478327[/snapback]

And for the record, Atari currently holds the rights to all D&D titles I do believe, though there are some rumors that Obsidian obtained the rights to Icewind Dale.

Feargus mentioned that when Interplay closed, that Obsidian was able to pick up an old license. No one knows exactly which one however.

If you like dungeon crawl games like BG:DA, I recommend X-Men Legends and Hunter: Redeemer. However, I only find the games midly entertaining on multiplayer, and boring on single-player.

Don't forget that Interplay own the rights to the "Dark Alliance" name - sans the FR/D&D setting.

Another brilliant Herve move - I'm sure he's busily sourcing finance for his next MMPORPG Dark Alliance console title as I write.

;)

Icewind Dale 3, damn it. I'd be the first one in line if they ever got to developing it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I thought Interplay was sold off bit by bit.

Does it exist on paper anymore?

Sadly I think they still are alive. I don't think we've ever gotten a conformation of a complete collapse, and you can still but the BG and IWD games at retailers. Buy as it stands right now it

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson