Atari in Trouble?

from what I've heard Dragon Age wasn't there because BIO wanted the develope team to stay focused on the game and not waste time on a trailer or demo for the game. good or bad is yet to be seen.

as much as I would of liked to see something, I like the fact that they wanna stay attached to the game and not waste time.

Which one?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I hated that continual re-authorisation process. Boy that was a bad idea: evey time you load a savegame? To the internet?

Why not download a hashed (asynchronous) secret once. Check it every time the game engine is updated.

Sheesh.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You've heard of E3, I take it?  :geek:"

Was NwNII even at E3?

Yes (<{POST_SNAPBACK}>)

Except I checked countless sites and none of them had any info. I checked Atari's list of games at E3 and it didn't include NWN:2.

Neither Obsidian, Bioware, Atari's, or Rhomal's site had any indication they were at E3. There are no screenshots, trailers or any new info.

If they weren't at the Atari booth, where we they? And how come it didn't show up on any lists of PC RPGs at E3 or RPGs at E3?

Didn't Atari (Infogrames) sell the rights to Civilization not so long ago? An incredibly stupid thing to do, unless your company has severe short-term money worries. So I guess they are in trouble.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Score one for 2K Games. I guess they got the rights to ALL of Firaxis games, as they advertise Pirates on their webpage.

They have some pretty big titles on their list (i.e. Elder Scrolls 4 and Civ 4), which should net them some decent capital for funding future games.

Although they have had some busts too I see (Close Combat: First to Fight...ugh...I loved the old Atomic Close Combat games, especially A Bridge Too Far and its dynamic campaign...the name has been tainted!)

Didn't Atari (Infogrames) sell the rights to Civilization not so long ago?  An incredibly stupid thing to do, unless your company has severe short-term money worries.  So I guess they are in trouble.

That would have been a significant sale.

Weren't Atari the imbeciles that argued with their staff and the result gave birth to Activision? (I can't recall off-hand ...)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Weren't Atari the imbeciles that argued with their staff and the result gave birth to Activision? (I can't recall off-hand ...)

Depends on which incarnation of the companies. I've got games from the mid eighties with Activision labels on them :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That somehow reminds me of that old SNES game made by Blizzard entertainment/Interplay. Oh, the good ol' days, shooting orcs with shotguns and throwing grenades at doors. Sigh. :shifty:

And it sure does suck to be Atari right now. No joke.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Depends on which incarnation of the companies. I've got games from the mid eighties with Activision labels on them :p

So where did Activision come from then? Was that the company that the star devs from Atari set up?

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Depends on which incarnation of the companies. I've got games from the mid eighties with Activision labels on them :p

So where did Activision come from then? Was that the company that the star devs from Atari set up?

It sure looks like it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activision#History

At least some of the founders were ex-Atari (the original Atari, not the Infogrames Atari)

:x

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein