McDonald's will take over the world, I tell you!

jaguars4ever

I don't know if diet problems are tied to wealth.  Admittedly, if you have more money it's easier to eat healthier, but you may be more disposed to eating out all the time.

Although probably not at McDonalds :)

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

<snipped nonsense>

Isn't it interesting, however, that (as far as I can recall), in the states, the people in the lower income strata within society is the ones most prone to suffering from overweight-related problems, while in quite many other countries, the situation is reversed? You don't see that many obese poor-folk in Africa or Asia, for example. Understandable, sure, but it's an interesting situation, nevertheless.

I have an experiment for you, go to your local grocery, and look at all the prices for all the different foods, make notes of which ones have the highest fat contents. Go back through and make notes about how much the different quality meats cost (i.e. the lowfat hamburger, instead of the regular hamburer, the chuck roast riddled with fat instead of the T-Bone steaks, the Pot Roast instead of the Tri-Tip, even the Oscar Mayer Hot Dogs instead of the Hebrew National ones).

Basically the problem is that food is plentiful, anyone on a minimum wage job can get by, and eat quite well. The problem is, while the food is plentiful, the healthier, non-fattier stuff is sold at a premium, and most people don't bother with sales.

If stuff is bought on sales, you can get the healthier stuff at a decent price (this is known from experience, my family is living off of $35k a year, that is below the poverty line in my area), but as said, most people don't.

Now go to an organic store and see how food is there. It's even more.

Most veggies we eat weren't allowed to ripen before harvest, and lack their proper nutritional value. Our foods are full of artificial hormones, pesticides, and lack real nutritional value to begin with.

Our meat products are full of growth hormones as well. That's why we are seeing an abundance of 9 year old girls getting their period now.

Our meat products are full of growth hormones as well.  That's why we are seeing an abundance of 9 year old girls getting their period now.

Nope. Not allowed in Sweden, which is why I only buy swedish meat (SCAN forever!).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

But the Danes keep sneaking their doped-up, unethical, dirty meat into our stores :(

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The liver is essential for carbohydrate metabolism.

Also, if you suspect you have metabolic irregularities, one of the causes can be a thyroid problem. Neuroscientists and endocrinologists are still pretty unsure as to the whole thyroid system (causes of illness and consequential treatments, etc), but a simple blood test will reveal any irregularities (as long as you ask for thyroid performance to be tested), you don't want to have hyperthyroidism, or worms. ( :(" )

To be honest, if there are worms inside me keeping me thin, I think I'll keep them. That sort of relationship sounds more symbiotic than parasitic.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

To be honest, if there are worms inside me keeping me thin, I think I'll keep them.  That  sort of relationship sounds more symbiotic than parasitic.

I had a friend who had worms. He didn't understand why it was he felt the urge to eat a massive great steak every evening. Then one day he went to the toilet, felt something strange, started pulling, and just kept on pulling and pulling until it all came out. :(

Deworm. You know it makes sense.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Well thank you all for the input and ... thoughts and contributions. But let's leave the input safe and secure for future additions to the AotS ...

FLoSD.ObE

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: