Should Tatooine and/or Kashyyk be in KotOR 3

User Name

Do you want Tatooine or Kashyyk to be in KotOR 3?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Tatooine or Kashyyk to be in KotOR 3?

• I want both to be in KotOR 3!
    • I want Tatooine (I like frolicking in the sand)
    • I want Kashyyk (wookiees!)
    • I want none of the two.

Well Alderran didn't really make an appearance in Sith war, It was just mentioned as the Qel-Droma Homeworld. Also Yavin 4 had been consumed by a firestorm at the end and finially Corellia might not have been put in place by that point. (meaning that they were moved at some indeterminate point in the past before the books movies but 4000 years is a long time so...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

If there ever was a completely impertinent question to ask about a potential K3, this is it. Or at least it will be down there with people talking about hoods.

it's all about immersion and roleplay...being able to toggle a hood/helmet, customizable lightsaber hilts, disguises, being able to see ALL attire that you equip, being able to change the color of your undertunic (as in BG) are not showstoppers to be sure, but these are things that would add alot more immersion to the game...basically, a somewhat easy way to make alot of people happy.

also on that list: lightsabers visibly holstered with a selection of Force-draw animations.

or being able to jump and to flips and in general be an acrobat (dukoo's little showoff of a flip in the begininng of ROTS) or just the ability to choose when you force jump.

Look, I don't want them to recycle the same planets over and over again in KotOR, but I think having at least ONE of these two: Kashyyk or Tatooine, would really help immerse people in the Star Wars universe. Plus, as I said before (in my earlier posts in this topic), it makes a whole lot of sense to include them in KotOR 3.

I think Yavin 4 would be a great idea, and so would some others some people here mentioned, but they only make a brief appearance in the movies and so wouldn't feel THAT familiar to the player.

So yeah, definitely, Yavin 4 etc are great ideas, as long as either Kashyyk or Tatooine are there as well. Planets which are really ICONIC in the Star Wars universe.

All I'm asking for in KotOR 3 is a great story and characters, all the things to rival the previous instalments, and a wonderful immersive Star Wars experience.

I know that's what you want as well. So think about it: is it really so much to ask?

N

Look, I don't want them to recycle the same planets over and over again in KotOR, but I think having at least ONE of these two: Kashyyk or Tatooine, would really help immerse people in the Star Wars universe. Plus, as I said before (in my earlier posts in this topic), it makes a whole lot of sense to include them in KotOR 3.

I think Yavin 4 would be a great idea, and so would some others some people here mentioned, but they only make a brief appearance in the movies and so wouldn't feel THAT familiar to the player.

So yeah, definitely, Yavin 4 etc are great ideas, as long as either Kashyyk or Tatooine are there as well. Planets which are really ICONIC in the Star Wars universe.

All I'm asking for in KotOR 3 is a great story and characters, all the things to rival the previous instalments, and a wonderful immersive Star Wars experience.

I know that's what you want as well. So think about it: is it really so much to ask?

Of course not, but the question is whether those places are essential to that goal. I have proposed Kashyyyk myself before, but others said that we had already done plenty there in KotOR1, and I've come around to that way of thinking. If there is to be a jungle planet, then I'd much rather have Myrkr.

As for Tatooine, it's just been done to death. It seems no Star Wars movie (except ESB, which was the best IMO, though that might not be the reason...) can live without going to Tatooine, and I've really seen it enough times now.

Though there is Star Wars history written all over worlds like Tatooine and Yavin IV, I don't think we need to visit them. Star Wars keeps inventing new planets, so it doesn't seem so important. Especially not if Alderaan and Coruscant are in KotOR3, as I hope they are.

And as I've said before, if the point of putting Yavin IV in there is to establish ties to Naga Sadow, then I'd much rather visit his hidden base on Khar Shian in the Sith Empire.

Yes, Exar Kun. But he remains trapped until the Jedi Academy trilogy of novels, so I'd much rather give Yavin IV a wide berth than risk messing with continuity.

You could always dig him up and then retrap him.

Reminds me a little of a D&D game I once did. The party released Tiamat from a mine when they were little tiny adventurers. The campaign then revolved around them traveling around getting various items and enlisting help before she became strong enough to regain her full power. In the end the battled her using the artifacts and the allies they collected and resealed her ready for the next clueless fool who came along :D

Dosnt have much to do with KOTORI and II's plots, but as a less scripted adventure it certainly has possibilities. If you were a Padawan you could either set out to destroy Exar (or learn from him which would involve doing various tasks for him mirror image of things you would be doing to stop him).

In the end he would either betray you , or you he. Or you would become a powerful enough Jedi to reseal him.

So the continuity wouldnt be damaged at all as far as I can see. But I'm by no means an EU buff.

I'm a much bigger fan of the some poor smuck being in the wrong place than being some sort of chosen one.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I thought it was space station rather than the planet itself? Like you I played it on the Xbox and have no particular interest in live.

Yes, the Yavin 4 moon is not in the KOTOR games...only a space station and a Rodian merchant.

Yavin 4 appears in ANH (the Rebel base was there) and Yavin 4 is an extremely important place for EU continuity....Exar Kun trapped his force ghost in the pyramids there and Naga Sadow rested there in suspended animation for several centuries before being woken up by Freedon Nadd.

It all depends on what they want to do with the story. If they want to mess with continuity and show us the red-skinned Sith of antiquity, then Yavin 4 is actually a very good candidate for K3.

Both Kashyyk and Tatooine have had their fun in KOTOR. Not saying they can't make cameo appearances like Coruscant did in KOTOR 2, but not playable planets.

If I want a jungle planet then I'll stick with Mandalore.

Yavin 4 is good, but needs to watch what it does with Kun. You can't revive him, you can't do much with him. If you do then things get kinda stupid.

Yavin with a small Kun quest still has the many temples and the Lost City of the Jedi. However again I'll stick with Utapau as my planet with possible Jedi entertainment, since it is believed to be one of the birth places of the Jedi Order.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Actually Kun is awake and cognisent the entire time that he was there. so he could act as a dark lord mentor if you really wanted to. but you couldn't kill him.

Some great ideas here, actually. I'm beginning to think Yavin 4 would really be a great place to visit.

Anyway the problem with Coruscant, as great an idea as it might be to include it in KotOR 3, is that it's so central and important etc to the Star Wars universe, that it would really be disastrous if they messed it up.

Know what I mean?

I think it would be best if Coruscant DID feature in KotOR 3, but you only get to explore the Jedi Temple or the Senate or some 'small' part like that.

Oh, and I'm sticking to my guns concerning Tatooine... Although I've loosened my grip: Just a small appearance of the planet I think would be best. Not too small though. A 'cameo', like someone said.

I really think it's crucial for this game to have a real good ol' Star Wars feel to it.

Anyway I hope they announce KotOR 3 as being officially in development soon... I know it's still not a certainty that it's going to happen at all, but that's what they said about KotOR 2 (in fact, most said there wasn't going to be a sequel at all), so..

N

Actually Kun is awake and cognisent the entire time that he was there. so he could act as a dark lord mentor if you really wanted to. but you couldn't kill him.

You wouldnt in the traditional sense, just reseal him. You would probably have to fight him, but it would be something along the same lines as the cave on Korriban, It would be more about your will overcoming his.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

You wouldnt in the traditional sense, just reseal him. You would probably have to fight him, but it would be something along the same lines as the cave on Korriban, It would be more about your will overcoming his.

I'm totally down with this.

I'm hip to that groove, daddio.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Any other 70's slang peeps? or have we got it out of our system?