Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

See previous threads:

Please feel free to contribute to the ongoing discussion. There is a lot of interest in this topic and keeping input centralised and presented in a clear and articulate manner will have more impact and influence than posting to the contrary :lol:

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

No wonder, I didnt remember them. Theyre a subspecies of humans.

P.S. In that picture, the Mirialan appears to have an oversized head due to her robe-hat thingy.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

The game should involve more than just human to pick from as a race. you should be able to be bothan, zabrak, rodian, mon calamari ect. and even pick your your class. so you can be scoundral, jedi gardian, dark lord, and any other class in the d20 starwars game. and even go extream.. example: jedi the hut.

and a special npc maker to create your npcs in your party at a certain time somehow. like compuyter searches of some kind at certain times that change the story line for a more indept play. and mabye even having a house in the game thats on a special planet.

^^^ What Darth T said ^^^

I'd also like to be able to control the more of our character's appearance. More specifically the character's eye color, different hair styles on the same face, tattoos, battle scars, etc...

Maybe even add the option of electronic gizmos...a la Darth Malak. A bionic arm to crush people would be loads of fun if you were following the dark path. You could even program special attack anaimations for people that chose that option.

I'd also like to be able to control the more of our character's appearance. More specifically the character's eye color, different hair styles on the same face, tattoos, battle scars, etc...

Maybe even add the option of electronic gizmos...a la Darth Malak. A bionic arm to crush people would be loads of fun if you were following the dark path. You could even program special attack anaimations for people that chose that option.

Let's see, face tattoo and black makeup, black hooded robe, and custom obsidian glass lightsaber hilt (its black AND shiny!) with a jet black blade. Hard to believe I'm really a lightsider isn't it?

P.S. In case you couldn't tell, I'm all for customization. :-

sig2.gif

The game should involve more than just human to pick from as a race. you should be able to be bothan, zabrak, rodian, mon calamari ect. and even pick your your class. so you can be scoundral, jedi gardian, dark lord, and any other class in the d20 starwars game. and even go extream.. example: jedi the hut.

and a special npc maker to create your npcs in your party at a certain time somehow. like compuyter searches of some kind at certain times that change the story line for a more indept play. and mabye even having a house in the game thats on a special planet.

I wanna be a Kamino.

Yeah, more flexibility on PC physical attributes: like NwN and Morrowind. And different electronic augmentations, perhaps bought throughout the game / plot advancement loot: e.g. also better sight and faster running (

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

i just got through some drawings

a good costomizeation would be to make your own light saber parts.

name them and all

and change the length and power like a real light saber

and make what the parts look like such as a double sided light saber soda can. or a single bladed bear bottle. and wright stuff on them like drug co. some stuff from drew carry (w00t)

Just stick to human race to keep this game series good and detailed, in my opinion. Otherwise if you add different races, the tradeoff for more flexibility comes at a cost of the story/gameplay-elements being more vague and less detailed. You can tell it becoming in effect by some of the inaccuracies of some detail between K1 and K2.

Just stick to human race to keep this game series good and detailed, in my opinion. Otherwise if you add different races, the tradeoff for more flexibility comes at a cost of the story/gameplay-elements being more vague and less detailed. You can tell it becoming in effect by some of the inaccuracies of some detail between K1 and K2.

at the very least, we need more alien party members....I can wait on alien PCs.

INFLUENCE

much has been said about this topic. here, I just wanted to focus like a laserbeam on one aspect of it.

at the end of a discussion with a party member, sometimes you get a message "Influence Gained" or "Influence Lost" and sometimes nothing.

I think it would be nice for this to be granularized. This is what I mean:

* if you acquired influence because you told them something they wanted to hear, then you get the "Influence Gained" message. (basically, you are the one who was influenced...not that this is a bad thing all of the time).

* if you acquired influence because you skillfully argued a contrary position well and consistently, then you get a "Influence Successful" message or something to that effect.

* same thing would apply to "Influence Lost" and "Influence Unsuccessful".

some sort of concrete indication as to why the influence rating was shifted is basically what I talking about here...and to add FEATS and/or SKILLS that deal with very specific aspects of influence within conversation....Jade Empire has this to some extent.

So you are advocating a split in the type of influence:

- gaining influence by essentially agreeing with them (a "Yes-man": );

- gaining influence by turning them to your pov (a rhetorician like Cicero); and

- vice versa for losing influence.

Is that it?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

So you are advocating a split in the type of influence:

- gaining influence by essentially agreeing with them (a "Yes-man": );

- gaining influence by turning them to your pov (a rhetorician like Cicero); and

- vice versa for losing influence.

Is that it?

for starters, yes. that is not all that could be added but knowing HOW you influenced them (or lost influence with them) has to be a first step in improving this feature.

and then there is the whole alignment business. I have no problem with giving the PC the ability to try to change their alignment...but keep this seperate from what is normally thought of as the influence rating.

if you are on a "Revan did the right thing/wrong thing" kind of dialogue tree, then this is obviously a LS/DS bit of conversation....you should not be able to sway their alignments and their influence rating during the same dialogue....keep it seperate. not because it is unrealistic but because it is maddening to try to influence someone without getting LS or DS points.....allow for both but keep them in seperate dialogue trees.

if your PC has a high Persuade skill and, say, Master Conversation, then you get a number of extra "fluff" subjects you can discuss with them to boost their ego and get them talking about the stuff you are really interested in.

for instance, if you have this feat, you get to talk to Bao-Dur about pulse phase converters....this increases his influence rating of you and, ultimately, he starts talking about the things you are interested in. But you have to work for it...you have to burn feat slots to do this.

it is one thing to say "fix influence" but these are some specific ideas that could be implemented.