Which is better? PC or Xbox Kotor?

Is KOTO2 onPC better than it is on XBOX?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Is KOTO2 onPC better than it is on XBOX?

• Yes.
    • No.

"Actually, the fact that you own a copy proves that you like wasting your money too."

Buying a game is not a waste of money. Buying two copies of the same game is. If you cna't tell the difference between the two; I would feel pity for you if I had any feelings.

Tell me how it's not a waste of money to buy a game. Games waste our time and do nothing constuctive for us in the end so how is that not a waste of money?

Nonsense. Games can be a learning tool. They may not be neccessary; but they are not inherently wasteful. Gaming is very constructive. Nice try; though.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Tell me how it's not a waste of money to buy a game. Games waste our time and do nothing constuctive for us in the end so how is that not a waste of money?

Does this mean that you find lesiure activities to have no value at all? I find the opportunity to relax and enjoy myself to be of great value. To me, since those results have value, then the money spent on a game is not a waste of time but an investment in my own well-being.

Cloris

Passing time is constructive ;)

Actually one of the things that has prevented my wife and I going totally loopy following the birth of the kids is the fact that we dont really resent staying at home because we play a lot of games anyway.

no question that you could be doing far more constructive things :D

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Nonsense. Games can be a learning tool. They may not be neccessary; but they are not inherently wasteful. Gaming is very constructive. Nice try; though.

Some games can be a learning tool, yes. But it's nothing you can't learn by doing school or reading a book.

Does this mean that you find lesiure activities to have no value at all? I find the opportunity to relax and enjoy myself to be of great value. To me, since those results have value, then the money spent on a game is not a waste of time but an investment in my own well-being.

Cloris

No, otherwise I wouldn't own video games. Lesiure can include other things too. Reading, watching TV, sleeping. Unlike Volourn however, I can admit that I waste my money on games and I waste my time on them too.

Passing time is constructive ;)

Actually one of the things that has prevented my wife and I going totally loopy following the birth of the kids is the fact that we dont really resent staying at home because we play a lot of games anyway.

no question that you could be doing far more constructive things :D

You see, he has the right atitude. He knows he could be doing something more constructive and admits it.

You said it. Your own little world. Most everything dealing with posting is opinion. The only thing is factual is stuff like actual content. Example. NWN allows you to play dwarves. Anything like the following: NWN allowing you to play dwarves is a good thing is an opinion. Your post, and mine are 99% opinion as it's what we think not what we know. Should I write at the beginning of evry post 'This is my opinion' to clarify for the less wise? I think not. if you cna't differntiate between opinion and fact; that's not my problem.

No, you should post exactly as you do -- it lets me know not only your opinion, but that you consider it to be worth more than it is (by fraudulently presenting it as fact), and consequently, how much weight I should give it. I greatly appreciate the convenience. However, your analysis of my post could not have been further from correct if you had actually aimed for error.

Odd, I remember this thread being about a platform comparison rather than someone's ego.

Cloris

Of course, there are more constructive things than games. That doesn't make games non constructive.

"No, you should post exactly as you do -- it lets me know not only your opinion, but that you consider it to be worth more than it is (by fraudulently presenting it as fact), and consequently, how much weight I should give it. I greatly appreciate the convenience. However, your analysis of my post could not have been further from correct if you had actually aimed for error."

Keep posting your opinion, and trying to pass it off as fact. Hypocrite. And, no, I'm not presenting my opinion as fact. It should be obvious theya re opinions. As soon as someone say x is better than y; it is AUTOMATICALLY opinion no matter what.

"Odd, I remember this thread being about a platform comparison rather than someone's ego."

Aye, it was before you started self boosting your ego. Just read my first couple of posts. It's just that certain people don't like it when others disagree with them, and starting their opinions as fact so I return the favour.

Keep pretending your opinions are fact when they are not. It's amusing. ;)

Of course, there are more constructive things than games. That doesn't make games non constructive.

"No, you should post exactly as you do -- it lets me know not only your opinion, but that you consider it to be worth more than it is (by fraudulently presenting it as fact), and consequently, how much weight I should give it. I greatly appreciate the convenience. However, your analysis of my post could not have been further from correct if you had actually aimed for error."

Keep posting your opinion, and trying to pass it off as fact. Hypocrite.  And, no, I'm not presenting my opinion as fact. It should be obvious theya re opinions. As soon as someone say x is better than y; it is AUTOMATICALLY opinion no matter what.

"Odd, I remember this thread being about a platform comparison rather than someone's ego."

Aye, it was before you started self boosting your ego. Just read  my first couple of posts. It's just that certain people don't like it when others disagree with them, and starting their opinions as fact so I return the favour.

Keep pretending your opinions are fact when they are not. It's amusing. ;)

When was she pretending her opinions are fact? And I never saw her boosting her ego. Stop being a jackass to her.

"When was she pretending her opinions are fact? And I never saw her boosting her ego."

You are blind. It's obvious this poster is tooting their own horn. I do the same; it's nothing to be shameful about nor worth denying.

" Stop being a jackass to her. "

If she returns the favour than I'll think about it. 'Til then, no.

"As for the FF games...I'd rather play Dungeon Siege than Final Fantasy."

That settles your lack of taste, and your lack of knowledge. No one plays Dungeon Seige as it plays itself.

The Final Fantasy game play themselves just as much. It's like playing a movie. As for settling my "lack of taste," I wasn't aware it was what we were talking about. It sure seemed like it was about your bogus claim that the PC is "losing" because of it's games. Ironic that you lecture me about lack of knowledge, when there's other, more significant reasons, that I already stated (which you didn't comment on).

"And it's neat that the PC version of Fable is going to have roughly 50% more game (they are opening up an area that was never finished for the XBOX version), and it's equivalent to about half the game now (so there'll be 3 parts essentially)."

Nearly a year after Fable's intitial release. Anyone who buys Fable 1.5 is as gullible as they come, and deserve to lose thier money. Besides, knowing the things that didn't come true for Fable Originale; I wouldn't hold my breath for everything being said about Fable 1.5. It's probably only 25% more content which means you might get 20 total hours out of it instead of the 10-15 that Fable apparantly had. R00fles!

Doesn't change the fact that the PC version of the game will be more complete than the rushed out the door console version. But I guess all that extra content makes the game suck even more, and further contribute to the "crap games that are the cause of PC gaming's death." r00fles!

"I post opinions, but I clearly label them as such and expect them to hold no more or less weight than the opinions of others -- but "XYZ SUX" is a lot different than "I thought XYZ sucked" in my onw little semantic world. The first pretends to be fact in order to accrue some false sense of self-esteem, whereas the second is well-labeled opinion."

You said it. Your own little world. Most everything dealing with posting is opinion. The only thing is factual is stuff like actual content. Example. NWN allows you to play dwarves. Anything like the following: NWN allowing you to play dwarves is a good thing is an opinion. Your post, and mine are 99% opinion as it's what we think not what we know. Should I write at the beginning of evry post 'This is my opinion' to clarify for the less wise? I think not. if you cna't differntiate between opinion and fact; that's not my problem.

The problem comes in when you start saying stupid stuff like the decline in PC gaming is a direct result of it's "crappier" games. Sure you may not like the games and I may not care for the same console ones you mention....but don't say stupid incorrect stuff like that.

The Final Fantasy game play themselves just as much.

No actually they dont. Because DS has full AI everyone will run around and fight whether or not you do anything, though to say they play themselves is an exageration in all but the easiest of areas.

Try that with an FF game running ATB and you will find yourself dead.

Also how much do you want to bet that Fable on the PC will require patching ;)

It is , crappier games as in games that dont work out of the box and require patches to get running. Thats one of the reasons I more or less gave up playing PC games because they were buggy pieces of trash most of the time. While I've had the odd bad disk, ironically one of them was Fable, replacing the disk is all thats required.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"The problem comes in when you start saying stupid stuff like the decline in PC gaming is a direct result of it's "crappier" games. Sure you may not like the games and I may not care for the same console ones you mention....but don't say stupid incorrect stuff like that."

The problem is you post stupidly because you seem to only read what you want. I never said that 'crappy games' is the downfall of the PC. Heck, I like the PC. All I gacve was MULTIPLE reasons why consoles are doing better than PC. You took a whiny fit; because facts are stated about your precious DS.

Honestly, I've played both versions of KOTOR on both the Xbox and the PC, and it's the same bloody thing. I don't understand how people would sit and argue how one specific version is better than the other. They each have their advantages and disadvantages.

The only real advantage I can see about the Xbox version is the fact that I can play the game while sitting/lying on my couch.

But the PC version has better graphics.

*shrug*

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Honestly, I've played both versions of KOTOR on both the Xbox and the PC, and it's the same bloody thing. I don't understand how people would sit and argue how one specific version is better than the other. They each have their advantages and disadvantages.

The only real advantage I can see about the Xbox version is the fact that I can play the game while sitting/lying on my couch.

But the PC version has better graphics.

*shrug*

I've got a laptop, so I can take my KotOR to the lounge. :blink:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It is , crappier games as in games that dont work out of the box and require patches to get running.

Fair enough. I considered this under the "ease of use" however. I have no problems patching a game if it's simple and was released in a timely matter. But I do know that many do not share my opinion. It probably helps that I don't actually own any consoles as an alternative.

The problem comes in when you start saying stupid stuff like the decline in PC gaming is a direct result of it's "crappier" games. Sure you may not like the games and I may not care for the same console ones you mention....but don't say stupid incorrect stuff like that."

The problem is you post stupidly because you seem to only read what you want. I never said that 'crappy games' is the downfall of the PC. Heck, I like the PC. All I gacve was MULTIPLE reasons why consoles are doing better than PC. You took a whiny fit; because facts are stated about your precious DS.

You said:

but PC games aran't all that. If they were, they'd be winning the 'wars'; but they aren't. But, hey, blind yourself by pushing your head in the sand. It doens't change the facts

You did NOT give "MULTIPLE reasons why consoles are doing better than PC." When I then point out the "multiple" reasons that you somehow think you mentioned (at no point during our discussion did YOU mention "multiple" reasons), you r00fled me and assumed I was associating consoles as being "kiddie" things or whatnot, which was not the case. You also "defended" yourself by using my points to support your "PC is not as good" argument, when I was never arguing that PC gaming wasn't "losing."

You clearly state that "the games aren't all that." You then state that "if they were" then they'd be winning the 'wars.' What I did was point out that you are wrong. The ironic thing was you accused the other guy of being blind.

Nor is it "undisputable fact" that "Sports games on console = awesome."

Unless "awesome sports games" are the unrealistic arcady pooch-screws they make. I mean, I'm sure when Tiger gets a perfect shot he decides to step back and Happy Gilmore it and can dynamically change the spin of the ball in the air!

r00fles!

(Although having actually played most EA Sports games on both console and PC, they are remarkably identical...shocking!)

The problem is you post stupidly because you seem to only read what you want

Hey...I wasn't the one that thought my comments about the social acceptance of video game consoles meant I was talking about consoles only being for kiddies like you did.

You took a whiny fit; because facts are stated about your precious DS.

I don't even like Dungeon Siege.

i have the first Kotor on both platforms ( I would also like to add I was unaware of the game until I bought my XBOX so I got both copies at the cheaper price) . Kotor was the first game I bought for my PC, and it clearly illustrated that I bought a lemon in terms of PC gaming. For that reason alone I will say that I like the XBOX version better. But I still want to play the extra levels from the first game. Was Yavin station any good?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

i have the first Kotor on both platforms ( I would also like to add I was unaware of the game until I bought my XBOX so I got both copies at the cheaper price) .  Kotor was the first game I bought for my PC, and it clearly illustrated that I bought a lemon in terms of PC gaming.  For that reason alone I will say that I like the XBOX version better.  But I still want to play the extra levels from the first game.  Was Yavin station any good?

Yavin station gave you cool items to buy depending how far you were in the game. Plus there was an encounter there before you went to the unknown world.

Don't let Volourn get under your skin Cloris.

Thanks -- I'm not going to. :cool: I caught on after a while, not soon enough to keep me from wasting my time, but hey, learning isn't free.

I am really glad to see some folks that have played the game on both platforms posting though, that's cool -- I am all for intelligent, informed, honest discussion! :-"

Cloris