Which is better? PC or Xbox Kotor?

Is KOTO2 onPC better than it is on XBOX?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Is KOTO2 onPC better than it is on XBOX?

• Yes.
    • No.

Which one do you think is better? I have only played the KOTOR's on Xbox, so I wouldn't know. But those of you who have both, speak your opinion, and also, can you tell me a few differences inbetween them?

EDIT: Stupid me, I put yes and no. Xbox is Yes, PC is no. Hehe... sorry.

Ive only played the PC versions; but I doubt theres any *real* difference between the two. Hence, i will refrain from using my membrane on this pemtane.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

EDIT: Stupid me, I put yes and no. Xbox is Yes, PC is no. Hehe... sorry.

Firstly, actually, "stupid you" got it wrong again. Yes is PC, No is XBox.

Secondly, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not another stupid flame-bait Xbox v. PC thread. This is the worst sort of posting. Cease and desist.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Games will always be better on PC than on Xbox/PS2/GC. (unless it's a crappy port [Halopc anyone?]) I've only played KOTOR1 on both Xbox and PC but I have to say, it's better on the pc. Although I don't like how much friggen memory it takes up so I only play it on my Xbox. But in general, the PC version of a game is better than the console version.

"Games will always be better on PC than on Xbox/PS2/GC."

False. Only someone who doesn't know what they are talking about would claim that.

False. Only someone who doesn't know what they are talking about would claim that.

Depends on the type of game. Some genres just really don't translate well onto a console. RTS games for example.

IMO the best games to play on a console are sports and fighting games.

PC can always be upgraded so you don't have to spend nearly as much at one tim. With an Xbox, the graphics and some other things can't be upgraded and you have to wait for a newer version to come out and that puts you out more then a PC would for a new video card. And you can always add and PATCH things. Sure Xbox has Xbox Live but some games don't have that. A game on a PC however, you can be 99% sure that there will be updates.

"PC can always be upgraded so you don't have to spend nearly as much at one tim. With an Xbox, the graphics and some other things can't be upgraded and you have to wait for a newer version to come out and that puts you out more then a PC would for a new video card. And you can always add and PATCH things. Sure Xbox has Xbox Live but some games don't have that. A game on a PC however, you can be 99% sure that there will be updates."

Thank you for adding nothing to the conversation. :p

Perhaps, you meant to quote someone else? <_<

I have both and I would say pc for the better looks and frame rates for that matter...and of course the updates and the mods. I also prefer the keyboard and mouse except for fighting games where the controller is better, but I can always go out and get a controller for my pc anyways.

I'm going to say PC, for the simple reason that there is a patch to fix some of the bugs plus any mods that come out.

The thing is that mods will never come out. There is simply no modders who are going to risk the time to create a mod for this game.

Plus Kotor is FULLY voiced acted, sure programming isn't hard to some people but they don't have the time to find good voice actors.

You see most modders modding FPS games like battlefield and half-life. Expecting mods for KOTOR 2 is like expecting a million dollars showing up on your lawn

PC games will be better, even though producers seem to have a tendency towards console-gaming, since it takes up less of speculating on "mmm...if we do this, that pc won't be able to play the game"

PC-games are better, because there is so much you can do with a pc.

But I do have the feeling that will change.

I like them both actually, with a bigger liking to computers.

No, PC games arne't better. Every sports game I have ever played on computer has sucked even when their console counterparts were very good. PC games, by and alrge, are overrated. Afterall, at least the console doens't get stiuck with crappy games like Dungeon Seige or Pools of Radiance 2. R00fles!

"Last I heard the Xbox version of K2 had it's own bugs...unfixable bugs"

Yeah, someone dropped the ball on that one yet it still was nowhere near as buggy as KOTOR2 is on PC even after the patch. <_<

No, PC games arne't better. Every sports game I have ever played on computer has sucked even when their console counterparts were very good. PC games, by and alrge, are overrated. Afterall, at least the console doens't get stiuck with crappy games like Dungeon Seige or Pools of Radiance 2. R00fles!

Sorry, just cause your comp sucks doesn't make the console version of a game better. Consoles are generally for people who can't afford to upgrade their PC all the time. Sorry but, as long as you have a decent comp the console version is not as good .(unless like I said earlier it was a crappy port) Plus, if a console game has split screen multiplayer than you can be sure that the PC version has online MP unlike console games where it has to say it on the box. (Live enabled or can play online on the PS2)

Yeah, someone dropped the ball on that one yet it still was nowhere near as buggy as KOTOR2 is on PC even after the patch. <_<

Haven't played KOTOR2 on the pc so can't comment on this.

I haven't had any crashes on my PC version of Kotor II. Just ye occasional lag on dantooine.

"Sorry, just cause your comp sucks doesn't make the console version of a game better. Consoles are generally for people who can't afford to upgrade their PC all the time. Sorry but, as long as you have a decent comp the console version is not as good .(unless like I said earlier it was a crappy port) Plus, if a console game has split screen multiplayer than you can be sure that the PC version has online MP unlike console games where it has to say it on the box. (Live enabled or can play online on the PS2)"

Hahahaha. Hilarious. It's my machine's fault even though it can play ANY game released that PC games suck? No, it's because the games suck. My machine is more than capable. Sports games on console = awesome; sports games on PC = crapoola. This is an undisputable fact. Hate to break it you ya; but PC games aran't all that. If they were, they'd be winning the 'wars'; but they aren't. But, hey, blind yourself by pushing your head in the sand. It doens't change the facts.