Batman Begins Preview

Antagonist

Maybe Bale will be the ultimate Batman, since he's actually seen the inside of a weight room... :blink:

After seeing Bale in The Machinest, I'm convinced he must have damn near taken up residence in a weight room to bounce back from the shell of a man he was in that movie and bulk up again for Batman.

Maybe Bale will be the ultimate Batman, since he's actually seen the inside of a weight room... :blink:

After seeing Bale in The Machinest, I'm convinced he must have damn near taken up residence in a weight room to bounce back from the shell of a man he was in that movie and bulk up again for Batman.

Only if by "weight room" you mean "a place where they feed you lard through an IV".

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

... I actually liked Phone Booth.

Oh, another bit I like about the new movie: Gotham looks actually like a real city which helps the authenticity of the movie. After all, crimes are a sad part of our modern urban areas.

This is where I get off: I cannot watch a film with the mental effort required to suspend my disbelief is larger than the creative effort used in its production. Phone Booth was a very silly concept for a film.

The whole gothic look for Gotham City was an art-house triumph! That's like saying you like icecream but you wish it wasn't so cold.

And casting Arnie as Mr Freeze was the culmination of a personal prediction of mine, so I have no problems there: I thought Arnie brought depth and power to the msiunderstood character ( :D dang! I nearly said that with a straight face) -- aside: he still hasn't played a bad guy before or since the original Terminator -- and Nicholson and Carey both gave stupendous performances; "over the top"? We're talking about Batman here, right? Where a man can ricochet bullets with his armour-plated arms? :blink:

"Subtlety of wit and wry humour may not be everyone's taste, Mr Barlast."

Ha. I love subtle humour; but said humour has to be funny. (w00t)

Holy veiled-innuendo, Batman! Some of the audience aren't getting our camp schtick! :cool:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Only if by "weight room" you mean "a place where they feed you lard through an IV".

Protein enriched lard as I understand it :thumbsup:

That Batman is retarded. I don't know why people like it. It wns't even funny most of the time. The comedy,a cting, and stories ALL sucked. I'll take the worst Batman move from the 'serious' series than that Joker (heheh) of a garbage tv series...

BITE YOUR BLASPHEMOUS TONGUE!

Holy veiled-innuendo, Batman! Some of the audience aren't getting our camp schtick! :cool:

They are in dire need of a swift BIFF! or mighty KAPOW! in their heads.

They are in dire need of a swift BIFF! or mighty KAPOW! in their heads.

See you same Bat-time, same Bat-channel...

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, Batamn!

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, Batman!

Batman, Batman, Baman!

:)

manthing2.jpg

I'm not really familiar with Batman beyond what is relative common knowledge from various movies and comics over the years.

However I am excited about this movie. I particularly enjoy superhero movies where the history and motivations of the characters are explained somewhat. I'm also more interested in how Batman trained and how he became the master fighter, criminologist, escape artist he is. It looks like the move will explore these aspects instead of throwing Batman headlong into another generic storyline fighting some insane slighted villian.

I think Christian Bale is a good choice. He kinda talks funny(short tongue?) but I think he has the physical presence needed for the film. He seems to be a pretty good actor, though the only other movie I've seen him in is the one with the dragons, which may not be the greatest reference.

I'm sure he'll at least be on par with the previous actors who protrayed Batman.

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, Batamn!

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, Batman!

Batman, Batman, Baman!

Did you copy and paste the second line, or type it all out again?

I haven't seen Christian Bale in anything since Empire of the Sun. It will be strange to see him all grown up, but I'm sure they wouldn't have chosen him if he hadn't been passed by a dozen focus groups, so we'll see. I'm not sure how hopeful I am though - Batman is a rather unrealistic character, so the more realistic (=darker?) they try to make the movie, the less chance there is that I'll like it.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I'm not sure how hopeful I am though - Batman is a rather unrealistic character, so the more realistic (=darker?) they try to make the movie, the less chance there is that I'll like it.

I always thought that Batman was far more comprehensible than most other comic heros with freaky super powers who are good or evil because the artist says so. Thus I really don't understand your comment about Batman being unrealistic especially in comparison with cardboard characters like X-Men or Superman.

I do agree that his Batman voice sounds strange but at least they changed it. That resolves the question somewhat why nobody recognizes his voice under the cape.

I think that Bayle gives a better impression as Wayne because Wayne is human and may be therefore portrayed as such, with all the frailties and range of emotions a human has. Once he puts on the cape the human side steps back and he becomes Batman the idol. Most comic book heros are more interesting in the scenes between the action, in my opinion.

I do agree that his Batman voice sounds strange but at least they changed it. That resolves the question somewhat why nobody recognizes his voice under the cape.

I think that Bayle gives a better impression as Wayne because Wayne is human and may be therefore portrayed as such, with all the frailties and range of emotions a human has. Once he puts on the cape the human side steps back and he becomes Batman the idol. Most comic book heros are more interesting in the scenes between the action, in my opinion.

A fair critique Antagonist my friend...but does he have to sound like a rapist?

manthing2.jpg

It's not that Bale is a bad actor, it's just that he really isn't suited for the role.

I just saw Bale in Equilibrium.

IMO, he did a great job portraying the cleric Preston and I think he could make a good Bruce/Batman. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this movie. :cool:

Are the characters in the movie portrayed by Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson and Katie Holmes important characters in the Batman comics? I've never heard of them in the few comics and mostly cartoons I've seen.

Or were they just created for the movie?

I know I'm a little off topic but was the Machinist any good?  Does anyone know of a release date for the DVD?

The machinist was...very strange. VERY strange. But it was fairly good. No idea about a DVD release.

All those silly girls' magazines about which celebrity is the skinniest seem to have entirely missed Christian Bale in that film. He got so thin for it, you could practically see his spine from the front.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I know I'm a little off topic but was the Machinist any good?  Does anyone know of a release date for the DVD?

Well, I liked it. And I rented the DVD less than a month ago, so I guess there's your DVD release. :-

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.