PS3 vs Xbox 360

Also, GTA: San Andreas is one of the best games I've ever played on any platform. Saying all GTA's are the same is kind of tragic. You should really try playing them (especially GTA: Vice City and GTA: San Andreas) and form your own opinion.

Well, GTA never appealed to me. It's just I've heard from tons of people that each new GTA that comes out really only adds a small bit compared to the last one.

Well, this is pretty much how it went:

GTA3 - Moved the GTA series into 3d.

GTA: Vice City - Same as GTA3 + more vehicles, property owning, larger city, different outfits, different story, indoor missions.

GTA: San Andreas - Same as Vice City + No loading between areas, 3 cities about the same size as GTA: Vice City, plus rural areas in between, airplanes, LOTS more vehicles, romances, minigames up the wazoo(you can play pool in bars, and old school atari-esque arcade machines), gang wars, customizable appearance(to a degree), Physical attributes and skills, car customization.

All of them use the same engine, so the graphics never get any better than GTA3, but they keep making it more efficient allowing the game to fit more on screen at a time.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I have GTA 3 on the PC and I've played GTA: Vice City, but none have really impressed me. They are quite fun, but I'd prefer to play something like Halo or KOTOR any day. My preference of games seems to be catered for on the Xbox, so for that reason, I'm supporting the Xbox 360... for now.

All of the new consoles games look good.

Xbox 360 - some exclusive games from Mistwalker if you are into Japanese Adv/RPG games like Final Fantasy/Dragon Warrior + Halo and company

PS3 - will probably have a ton of exclusive games if the PS2 generation is any indicator

Nintendo - Zelda/Mario/Metroid/etc.. thats not a bad thing

About the only surprise to me is that none have included a seperate physics processor. Supposedly the next Unreal is going to have support for PPU, anyways...

My verdict is to forget all of these and upgrade your PC to an AMD X2 dual-core running SLI in about 6 months from now. ;)

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

I will probably get both.  The PS3 would really be pending aftermarket controllers that don't look as ridiculous as the ones that have been shown.  Seriously.  Worst controller appearance ever.

I'm just glad they both have the same amount of memory.

Hey JE, have you had any contact with the dev kits yet? I know you're not a programmer, but but I'm guessing you know a few and I'd just like to hear from a dev's mouth which is more powerful, which is easier, are they about equal, etc.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Hey JE, have you had any contact with the dev kits yet? I know you're not a programmer, but but I'm guessing you know a few and I'd just like to hear from a dev's mouth which is more powerful, which is easier, are they about equal, etc.

Uhm.. You hang out on the board of a game developer who's supposed to be working on a game for next generation consoles, but you choose to ask a designer (?) who's posting here for fun on his spare time? :)

Weird!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well, have you known the devs to be vocal lately?

Exactly. When was the last time you saw a dev from Obsidian on the Obsidian boards?

Devastatorsig.jpg

Are the devs a bit more vocal on the NWN2 boards? This place really bit the dust when Bioware took over the boards for NWN2.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The latest news on the pre-rendered E3 demos:

None of Sony's E3 demos were run on PS3 hardware, as the graphics chipset isn't even finished.

Burkett has commented that the visuals had been created on current nVidia hardware of roughly the same power as the RSX

This on top of Microsoft's Xbox 360 demos running on a Powermac G5 and Nintendo running nothing at all makes for a pretty depressing display from all parties.

At least Nintendo was the most honest, since they didn't pull make believe hardware out of their ass and claim to be running demos. I prefer "we got nothing" to being thrown a pile of garbage and being told to sort through it myself for anything that isn't just made up crap.

Are the devs a bit more vocal on the NWN2 boards?  This place really bit the dust when Bioware took over the boards for NWN2.

From what I've seen they're very vocal over there.

Devastatorsig.jpg

well I have read the new specs between the new anounced Xbox 360 and PS3 and I still haven't made my final decison yet between them yet.but at the moment with the currant consoles I am a Xbox supporter and PS2 sucks but at the moment my future decision for Xbox 360 and PS 3 I will get both and if I dont like the other I will get rid of it.I know I will keep Xbox 360 because there is a possible chance Kotor III might be released on it.

• 1 month later...

On your feet, old thread! And take a shower, cause you smell of dead horse!

Anyhow, new info about the PS3 was released in the last few days that I thought were interesting to read. Except for the fact that Kutaragi said the PS3 will be expensive. Considering the guy makes about a million per hour, expensive sounds bad.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07/22/news_6129611.html

I was worried about programming on the PS3 being really difficult, but from reading this it seems developers are getting a LOT of help from Sony, who are taking the worries (and problems of new technology) really seriously. Just look at that list of middleware developers! It will be fun to hear what Starbreeze Studios (software company in my hometown, authors of Chronicles of Riddick) say when they finally get their developer's kit.

Of course, none of this matters if the console is so expensive that everyone buys a Xbox 360 or Revolution instead.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

That's okay, mkreku... if it turns out to be that much more powerful than the 360, I'll buy one anyhow. I'd rather spend more and get a better machine in the bargain. I'll probably get at least one of these consoles, and right now it's too early to say which one it will be.

One thing that's in it's favor is the fact that it is supposed to sport a hardrive. That's simply a must have for any consoles I purchase.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!