PS3 vs Xbox 360

I'll pass and upgrade my computer.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

So far from the rumored launch titles and the features offered by each, I'm going with the PS3, but the 360 looks a LOT more appealing than the old Xbox did, so I might grab one of those later on in the generation.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I am not very impressed of the PS3:s controllers but they can never compete in the horror that was the N64:s. Those boys were NASTY and gave me and my friends some really bad aches in our hands and wrists.

Really? I loved the N64 controller. I thought it was the best of any out-of-the-box controller I'd ever seen. Then again, I'm a Nintendo fanboy, so maybe I'm a tad biased.

Those specs don't say whether the 360 controllers are wired or not. Anyone know? Also, what exactly does "Limited Backwards Compatibility" mean? What won't it be able to play?

If they don't port Jade Empire to PC, or if it's controls aren't so good, I may buy a 360 if it will play the first game. Otherwise, I think I'll wait for my beloved Nintendo.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I am not very impressed of the PS3:s controllers but they can never compete in the horror that was the N64:s. Those boys were NASTY and gave me and my friends some really bad aches in our hands and wrists.

Really? I loved the N64 controller. I thought it was the best of any out-of-the-box controller I'd ever seen. Then again, I'm a Nintendo fanboy, so maybe I'm a tad biased.

Those specs don't say whether the 360 controllers are wired or not. Anyone know? Also, what exactly does "Limited Backwards Compatibility" mean? What won't it be able to play?

If they don't port Jade Empire to PC, or if it's controls aren't so good, I may buy a 360 if it will play the first game. Otherwise, I think I'll wait for my beloved Nintendo.

360 controllers are wireless.

centinexx.png

360 controllers are wireless.

All righty. I haven't played with a wireless controller in many years, and back then they had to be pointed right at the console to work, meaning if you happened to move your arms much, the controller would stop working.

Is this still the case with wireless controllers? Or has technology improved?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Is this still the case with wireless controllers?  Or has technology improved?

The PS3 is using Bluetooth v2.0 (I think it was) and with that technology, you don't even have to be in the same room to play. It goes through walls. Not sure what the Xbox 360 uses though. Also, with the Bluetooth you'll have something like 24 hours battery time in the controllers, because Bluetooth is extremely battery friendly.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hey, i don't really care specs... If Bioware or Obsidian or Bethesda will make games for Xbox 360, i'll buy Xbox 360.

I've bought an Xbox only  for Jade Empire.

Besides, PS3 controller really really sucks!  :devil:"

Jade Empire only for Xbox? Remember Halo and Fable, they are now in PC, we surely will see Jade Empire fot PC too :wub:"

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

Also, what exactly does "Limited Backwards Compatibility" mean?  What won't it be able to play?

Limited Backwards Compatibility means the Xbox games won't work with the Xbox 360, they need to recompile the Xbox games to be compatible with the 360, so you will either have to trade your games in for 360 compatible ones, or just buy new ones. Only the most popular games will be recompiled such as the Halo games, Jade Empire, the KOTORs etc.

EDIT: Ok now its just confusing. First they say the games need to be recompiled, now they say they'll work... WTF

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=8996

Devastatorsig.jpg

Also, what exactly does "Limited Backwards Compatibility" mean?  What won't it be able to play?

Limited Backwards Compatibility means the Xbox games won't work with the Xbox 360, they need to recompile the Xbox games to be compatible with the 360, so you will either have to trade your games in for 360 compatible ones, or just buy new ones. Only the most popular games will be recompiled such as the Halo games, Jade Empire, the KOTORs etc.

EDIT: Ok now its just confusing. First they say the games need to be recompiled, now they say they'll work... WTF

Well, that sounds more like "backwards compatibility". Having to recompile games so they work on a new system isn't "limited backwards compatibility" it's no backwards compatibility.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

The PS3 is using Bluetooth v2.0 (I think it was) and with that technology, you don't even have to be in the same room to play. It goes through walls. Not sure what the Xbox 360 uses though. Also, with the Bluetooth you'll have something like 24 hours battery time in the controllers, because Bluetooth is extremely battery friendly.

WHAT? I have to CHARGE THEM? That sucks! Jeez, what's wrong with a bloody wire?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

WHAT? I have to CHARGE THEM? That sucks! Jeez, what's wrong with a bloody wire?

My thoughts exactly. The Revolution has controller ports for Gamecube controllers, why can't the PS3 have ports for PS2 controllers.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well, remember the PS3 supports seven (7!) controllers at the same time. Imagine the snake pit on your TV-room floor if you had all of those connected by wires..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well, remember the PS3 supports seven (7!) controllers at the same time. Imagine the snake pit on your TV-room floor if you had all of those connected by wires..

It supports 7 wireless controllers, I just want 2 wired ports to be able to use my Dual Shock controllers.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm leaning Xbox right now. Of course, I have a perfectly functioning xbox at the moment and I see no need to get another one, even if it is a newer console. We'll see what happens, though.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm thinking patches via the 'free' version of Xbox LIVE! It won't let you play online games, but it's supposed to have the marketplace and such on it. I imagine the chief purpose of it is for distributing game content and patches for Xbox games.

I'm thinking patches via the 'free' version of Xbox LIVE! It won't let you play online games, but it's supposed to have the marketplace and such on it. I imagine the chief purpose of it is for distributing game content and patches for Xbox games.

It's a dumb idea, they should push the release date back and DO IT RIGHT with FULL reverse compatability.

It's a dumb idea, they should push the release date back and DO IT RIGHT with FULL reverse compatability.

It's Microsoft!

If they think they can get you console twits to re-purchase old games then they will surely try.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

According to 1up.com, Microsoft has signed Square Enix for XB releases.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3140609

If this deal will eventually exclude Sony support from Final Fantasy XII and beyond, that may well herald the end of PS3. Disturbing, indeed. Square's defection from Nintendo made the Playstation a serious contender. It could do the same for Microsoft. Money-grubbing, yes. Dumb, no.

It doesn't really matter which is the better system. It's the game titles, now and future, that will sell it.