New Matrix game announced

metadigital

No need to apologise, i was merely pointing out a trivial error. As for the "intensely boring dialogue" i'd rather it not be in the film i am watching :D

I did not know that the W'skis did Bound.

I make a rule to 'fess up when I've screwed the pooch, I'm weird that way!

Yep, they say that they did Bound in order to prove that they could make a movie and get the go-ahead for The Matrix. Before that, they had screen writing credits on Assassins, I think.

I'm told that I tend to go for movies (and games) with boring exposition. *shrug* I like heavy plots, what can I say?

Cloris

I just dislike everything in the Matrix universe, with the exception of the original film. That one was gold.

I think the problem with Revolutions is that most of the movie *isn't* filmed in the Matrix world where everything is cool and they know Kung Fu. Instead it's filmed in the "real world"...where people wear potato sacks. :-

manthing2.jpg

did you cheer when trinity died? i did and so did the rest of the theatre i was in. ...

Yes, I have to admit I wasn't a bit sad. :D

"screwed the pooch"? :- i understand the gist yet the phrase disturbs me :ph34r:

You have to wonder about the etymology of the phrase ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think the entire trilogy should have consisted of just Monica Belluci. She could walk around some, have lunch, read interesting tidbits from books and things like that.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think the entire trilogy should have consisted of just Monica Belluci. She could walk around some, have lunch, read interesting tidbits from books and things like that.

I'm surprised someone hasn't suggested her for Lady Death ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It was a good action film and was visually innovative. The philosophical mumbo jumbo was annoying but minimal.

I liked it for it's "philosophical mumbo jumbo" .. which is why I think the sequals are better, they do a better job in fleshing out the universe and idea of the film ..

Hmm, I thought the philosohpical merits of the sequels were far inferior to the original. The first film was pregnant with inspiration, which might have been expanded upon (or not): the hints merely made you ask questions -- which is all philosophy can do, really.

The sequels seemed to be-labour the point; to be underlining the same concepts without adding anything. Might as well have had an echo, for all the good the twaddling on about philosophy did -- sort of pseudo-meta-philosophy. "Do we depend on the machines, or they us?" Huh? Horsefeathers. About as valid as the conversation the "Americans" have at dinner in Monty Python's Meaning of Life.

The whole matrix concept swung on the existential axis that the world was truly an illusion, a virtual world created for some sinister purpose. A perfect geek conspiracy. The sequels were just action films. And that lame Neo-as-Christ ending, puh-leeze -- it screams "I don't know how to end the story".

It's funny .. people can enjoy a film that's totally crummy simply because it's acton (even crummy action) .. but it seems the same doesn't apply for crummy philosophy .. I mean sure it wasn't the deepest toxic pool in the lake, and every 6 year old child have had some of the same ideas .. but sometimes it's nice to simply turn off 90% of the active brain and feel amazed at fast paced action and pseudo philosophy ..

I was able to enjoy it for what it was, no more, no less ..

But I really liked "The Second Renaissance" from Animatrix .. not to deep either but beautifully made imo ..

Fortune favors the bald.

"screwed the pooch"? :) i understand the gist yet the phrase disturbs me :ph34r:

The two best things about revolutions were in monica belluci's dress.

Umm, sorry -- a little phrase I aquired from my husband, so I blame him! :D

True, that was very nice -- and trust me, latex wardrobes are a real pain to take care of and maintain... even with the best polishes, if she so much as brushed against something or touched her dress, that spot would have to be repolished and allowed to dry. They did a great job keeping her spotless! However, knowing that, it made some of the action sequences hard to believe, because I know that there are some things that are nearly impossible to do in latex... That was more of a disbelief problem than the philosophy, I already knew enough of Gnosticism and Eastern thought to get through that pretty easily.

Cloris

... I like bound - good thriller with hot lesbians, whats not to like? :D

... But we agree on hot lesbians, and that's a start! :)

I don't know of any demographic that doesn't like hot lesbians. :blink:

Christian Fundamentalists!

Hey, I know this is slightly out of context now, but Baley asked me who I thought would be able to play the charming Lady Death and since staring at her pics I've decided that Monica Belucci would be a good candidate. Granted she's not tall enough, but she has got a hot body like hers and she's brave enough to do trashy *ahem* I mean cool stuff like a Lady Death movie.

Anyways, I'm going to let you fanboys continue your lusting now,

Launch  o:)

I don't know of any demographic that doesn't like hot lesbians. :)

My real world clashes with Lesbians(my psycho ex girlfriend and her friends for ex.) has firmly proved to me that not only are there no hot lesbians, but if there were, they would be so nasty on the imside that it would cancel the hotness out..

Lesbianism is nothing but a waste of women I say! :blink:"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Hey, I know this is slightly out of context now, but Baley asked me who I thought would be able to play the charming Lady Death and since staring at her pics I've decided that Monica Belucci would be a good candidate. Granted she's not tall enough, but she has got a hot body like hers and she's brave enough to do trashy *ahem* I mean cool stuff like a Lady Death movie.

I am humbled.

True, that was very nice -- and trust me, latex wardrobes are a real pain to take care of and maintain... even with the best polishes, if she so much as brushed against something or touched her dress, that spot would have to be repolished and allowed to dry. They did a great job keeping her spotless! However, knowing that, it made some of the action sequences hard to believe, because I know that there are some things that are nearly impossible to do in latex...  That was more of a disbelief problem than the philosophy, I already knew enough of Gnosticism and Eastern thought to get through that pretty easily.

The more I learn the less I know. You are a person of hidden depths, Cloris. :rolleyes:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't know of any demographic that doesn't like hot lesbians. >_<

My real world clashes with Lesbians(my psycho ex girlfriend and her friends for ex.) has firmly proved to me that not only are there no hot lesbians, but if there were, they would be so nasty on the imside that it would cancel the hotness out..

Lesbianism is nothing but a waste of women I say! :-"

Does that mean you turned your former girlfriend into a lesbian?

drakron.png

If anyone Im Kramer. And she wasnt really a lesbian or whatever, she was just a few screws loose of a solid build. I tried to work my mojo on her but it was like trying to polish a turd.

But the lesbians she lived and hung out with were f*cking scary sometimes. I had to guard my tounge with iron discipline when i was there lest Id say something they didnt like and tear me to shreds. Im telling you, they had no sense of humor. I felt like a dog trying not to be a dog, in the middle of a pack of hyenas.

But I learned my lesson, if I see a girl with henna-red dreads, baggy clothing and piercings Ill stay away... far away.. or mock them behind their backs..

But I learned my lesson, if I see a girl with henna-red dreads, baggy clothing and piercings Ill stay away... far away.. or mock them behind their backs..

You say that now :ermm:

And I doubt all lesbians are like that...

... But the lesbians she lived and hung out with were f*cking scary sometimes. I had to guard my tounge with iron discipline when i was there lest Id say something they didnt like and tear me to shreds. Im telling you, they had no sense of humor. I felt like a dog trying not to be a dog, in the middle of a pack of hyenas.

But I learned my lesson, if I see a girl with henna-red dreads, baggy clothing and piercings Ill stay away... far away..  or mock them behind their backs..

Well, I can understand some of their frustration. It can't be easy: not wanting the same things as everyone else, not being seen as equal to everyone else (let alone the same as them), to have to find your own dreams, because all the ones taught to you as you grow up don't fit ...

You're sniping from the covers is not going to help things, either: it will just make them more aggressive and paranoid!

Just remember all the ac/dc icons out there: Madonna (Ciccone), Angelina Jolie and Portia de Rossi from Ally McBeal.

Jolie especially doesn't look more screwed up than anyone else ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Im not respecting or treating with leniancy, anyone without a sense of humor.

btw, Matrix Revolutions is on the telly in 15 minutes.. Im actually going to try and watch it. You may place your bets upon the fact that I needed persuasion not to walk out on the second film after 45mins(and I had payed good money to see it)