New Matrix game announced

metadigital

I liked Tomb Raider.

Problem was that Lara Croft became too much of a idol and the games started to focus more in Lara that in the game itself.

Tomb Raider was one of the first 3D plataform games, the fiasco with Angel of Darkness was that instead of focusing on restoring gameplay elements and map design they end focus on Lara with the rest being half-baked and thrown out because Eidos was in financial dire straits.

drakron.png

The problem with AoD was the attrocious controls.

I managed to get to the asylum stage and then get through all the way until the wolf-thing (and my word there were a lot of times I nearly gave up along the way: I resolved to finish the game for sheer bloodimindedness). The controls for the guy fighting the wolf thing were so bad that I uninstalled the game immediately.

That was the final straw. I could handle the invisible obstacles as you hung underneath the cliff overhang and tried to clib to safety above before Lara's strength failed. I could handle that stupid ghost bit (even though the feedback was nil).

But I wasn't going to mash my keyboard just to finish a game.

Apparently it was just as bad on the console as well.

Utter tripe. <_<

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I just dislike everything in the Matrix universe, with the exception of the original film. That one was gold.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Evereything otheer than the first film is just sh1te and thats a fact.

Hmm...the kiss scene with Monica Bellucci and Jada Pinkett from Enter the Matrix wasn't half bad :p

Yes, but the rest of the game sucked so badly even that couldn't redeem it.

I traded my copy in to go towards HL2.

enter the matrix wasnt a bad game, it was actually good compared to some games and stop bashing this new game when you havent even played it.

No, it was awful. It took a beast of system to run it if you were playing it on PC when the graphics, A.I. and Physics weren't even all that impressive, it had a horrid use of bullet time (the bar should not fill up that fast, or on it's own).

For a good game that's more 'Matrix-like' than Enter the Matrix, you should try Max Payne 2. It did everything EtM was supposed to do better.

And I haven't bashed this game yet. But aside from their MMO (I haven't played that yet) the Wachowski brothers' track record for 'expansions' to the original movie aren't all that great.

Evereything otheer than the first film is just sh1te and thats a fact.

Straight up.

The first film was arse too, but it had an interesting concept.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

..the acting was still as non-existant as in the sequels.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It was a good action film and was visually innovative. The philosophical mumbo jumbo was annoying but minimal.

I liked it for it's "philosophical mumbo jumbo" .. which is why I think the sequals are better, they do a better job in fleshing out the universe and idea of the film ..

Fortune favors the bald.

It was a good action film and was visually innovative. The philosophical mumbo jumbo was annoying but minimal.

I liked it for it's "philosophical mumbo jumbo" .. which is why I think the sequals are better, they do a better job in fleshing out the universe and idea of the film ..

Hmm, I thought the philosohpical merits of the sequels were far inferior to the original. The first film was pregnant with inspiration, which might have been expanded upon (or not): the hints merely made you ask questions -- which is all philosophy can do, really.

The sequels seemed to be-labour the point; to be underlining the same concepts without adding anything. Might as well have had an echo, for all the good the twaddling on about philosophy did -- sort of pseudo-meta-philosophy. "Do we depend on the machines, or they us?" Huh? Horsefeathers. About as valid as the conversation the "Americans" have at dinner in Monty Python's Meaning of Life.

The whole matrix concept swung on the existential axis that the world was truly an illusion, a virtual world created for some sinister purpose. A perfect geek conspiracy. The sequels were just action films. And that lame Neo-as-Christ ending, puh-leeze -- it screams "I don't know how to end the story".

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I agree Meta, for me, the sequals seemed like the brothers had just realized how well recieved this philosophical thing had become with their first film, and then proceeded to go COMPLETELY over the top with it in the sequals, slamming us in the face with it at every possible moment, often resulting in long drawn out dialogues that completely turned me off. Could as well have been a Christian fundie beating me in the head with a bible. It takes a lot to make me bitchy about a film, but these two made it happen. <_<

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I agree -- and I find the philosophical bashing on a Star Wars board to be the height of irony. To each their own, I suppose.

One of the best thing about the Matrix Universe: if it shows up in something, then it is cannon. And the W. Brothers wrote Bound -- angsty lesbian noir! Between that and the Matrix films, anything else they put together is going to get a least a vewing or playthrough from me.

Cloris

This isnt a star wars board this is a "talk about anything" board

My original "mumbo jumbo" comment was more of an allusion to the sequels.

The concepts touched upon in the first film are interesting and thought provoking and yet it does not break up the film with a dry discussion.

The sequels managed to draw the philosphy out into intensely boring dialogues about nothing. Its as if someone went through the script with a thesaurus to try and make it sound clever.

I like bound - good thriller with hot lesbians, whats not to like? :D

This isnt a star wars board this is a "talk about anything" board

My original "mumbo jumbo" comment  was more of an allusion to the sequels.

The concepts touched upon in the first film are interesting and thought provoking and yet it does not break up the film with a dry discussion.

The sequels managed to draw the philosphy out into intensely boring dialogues about nothing. Its as if someone went through the script with a thesaurus to try and make it sound clever.

I like bound - good thriller with hot lesbians, whats not to like? :D

True, this is in Way Off-Topic, my apologies.

Ahh, but there are some intensely boring dialogs about SW philosophy, too, which is what prompted my irony comment in the first place. I did, however, leave room for personal preference, which some folks in this thread seem unwilling to do.

But we agree on hot lesbians, and that's a start! :thumbsup:

Cloris