Would you buy KOTOR if it wasn't Star Wars?

Would you buy KOTOR if it wasn't Star Wars, but had the same gameplay, story, characters, and lazerswords?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy KOTOR if it wasn't Star Wars, but had the same gameplay, story, characters, and lazerswords?

• Yes
    • No
    • KOTOR 1 yes, KOTOR 2 no

How do they work,btw?

I've never really cared enough...but I'm getting curious :p ?

Well, read this (thanks to FortranDragon for the link) and decide. FarimirK suggested they are similar to the Thetans (from Scientology, though I would't be surprised if L. Ron Hubbard "appropriated" the idea from E. E. "Doc" Smith ;)" ).

You need to watch Phantom Menace to get the eminently forgettable quote. :-:p

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Thanks for the linky :thumbsup:

I don't think I could ever watch ep 1 again,tho :ph34r:

I thought the same. (I was severly let down by the over-hyping; I nearly took the Concord to New York to watch the first screening! :"> ) Then I watched it again a couple of weeks ago and I could appreciate the plot for what it is, and even enjoyed Qui-Gon's character. :lol:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Qui gon was good in ep 1, midichlorians is a silly plot device to try and quantify the force and also probably to explain why vder in suit is less powerful than anakin

I agree I liked he's characte more than Obi Wan or Angst boy :thumbsup::)

Why...oh why did he have to die :lol:

Anakin and Obi were expendable..why oh why? :-

calling annie angst boy is a little cliche.

So? It's true tho :thumbsup:

Let's not even talk about Hayden Christensen...David Bowie in spandex ( note the comment, spandex...I mean....) is even more charismatic then our dear Ep 2 Anakin.

There, my two cents. :D

EDIT: 100!

I want to play sci-fi RPGs, rather than Fantasy-based RPGs, but the brutal truth is that KotOR is very shallow and depends entirely on the SW franchise to survive.

The game mechanics are far too limited (PCs are basically limited to Paladin/Blackguard classes) together with a single narrative resulting in a lack of depth and replayability. And then there is the ropey ending and buggy implementation.

I agree that when it comes to 3D cRPGS, it is almost all Sword and Scorcery. We need a really good, story-driven Sci Fi cRPG and, preferably, a new IP that does not have cliches to fall back on.

Having said that, I like the KOTOR games, even though I realize their many limitations.

I would buy anything even if it wasn't Star Wars... I bought a cardboard Legolas that's lifesize or just about...and about a million posters too. Plus I bought gardening gloves and cut the fingertips off to have "scoundrel gloves". :cool: I buy anything if I can. :)

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

I would buy anything even if it wasn't Star Wars... I bought a cardboard Legolas that's lifesize or just about...and about a million posters too. Plus I bought gardening gloves and cut the fingertips off to have "scoundrel gloves".  :cool: I buy anything if I can.  :(

You are a merchandizer's dream. :thumbsup:

I'm just a little concerned about the Legolas cut out ... *backs away smiling* ... you obviously have deep -- er -- convictions for your entertainment. :ermm: (You do know it's all entertainment, right? ;) )

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

EDIT: 100!

Let's celebrate! :):luck::cat:

You registered three days before me, Saraya, but I managed to spam my way past. :lol:(I am an eternal n00b.)

Hehehe, party time indeed :D No you're n00b, I think I surpass anyone on this board in n00bness :D But indeed this is spamming now :D

So, on-topic,

I agree with Plano. This all new concept. Let's say. A woman and her crew, adrift in space, trying to find their homeworld back, but in the process stranding on many different worlds, so helping the locals to solve their problems...

No wait ;) That's been done before..

I agree that when it comes to 3D cRPGS, it is almost all Sword and Scorcery.  We need a really good, story-driven Sci Fi cRPG and, preferably, a new IP that does not have cliches to fall back on.

Having said that, I like the KOTOR games, even though I realize their many limitations.

Hooray! (w00t)

Yes, William Gibson is da man! Cyberspace is his invention: he is a Tolkein for the third millennium. Please?

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I bought it in spite of it being Star Wars.

I'm an episodes IV-VI fangirl (largely thanks to Harrison Ford as Han Solo, but hey...) and hated Ep1 (haven't seen II due to hatred of I). So I had my doubts about KOTOR, but bought it anyway because I'm an RPG nerd and there's not much out there lately in RPGs.