Weekend Programmer #2

It has been said that the level cap is higher, and that the game is abou the same length. Does this mean that levels come more frequently, or is there another explanation?

its been said that the game will be slightly longer, and maybe the amount of xp needed to level up will be lower :)

With 60 new feats and powers you will need a higher level cap to be able to reach a fair number of them.

Your list is incorrect

Watching that trailor I saw you PC having the color that was used for the mantle of the force crystal.  So if there are 10 colors they would be

1. red

2. blue

3. green

4. yellow

5. purple

6. silver

7. white

8. mantle of the force

9. mantle of the guardian

10. ?

either black or another special crystal i'm guessing.

On the question of saber colors, since there's confusion there...

The original had 5 basic ones + 2 special ones (The orange and turquoise).

Right now in KotOR2 there's at least 10 basic ones and an X number of special ones.

-Akari

Silver or White could be a special one

Guest Michael Chu
3. Do you think this game will be fun and openended to play again and again, because in the 1st one when you beat it its very hard to get back into the game.

I'm going to jump in and steal some of Akari's weekend programmer spotlight, because I am a petty and jealous designer. ;)

We are definitely putting a lot of effort into making sure that this game can be replayed different ways, with different events, missions and outcomes based on your decisions and the manner in which you choose to tackle the challenges put before you.

3. Do you think this game will be fun and openended to play again and again, because in the 1st one when you beat it its very hard to get back into the game.

I'm going to jump in and steal some of Akari's weekend programmer spotlight, because I am a petty and jealous designer. ;)

We are definitely putting a lot of effort into making sure that this game can be replayed different ways, with different events, missions and outcomes based on your decisions and the manner in which you choose to tackle the challenges put before you.

NICE THE FIRST QUESTION ANSWER IN A WHILE.................I LOVE U CHU

Okay, since I'm taking off for the day I'm going to wrap up some questions then close this topic.

Yes there were obsticals before, so what is the difference?

Whoops. That's right. It's been over 9 months since I played KotOR1. Sometimes I forget the differences. Especially since I didn't touch the swoop stuff outside of Taris. ;)

Well, you can jump over stuff now. I think there's some other changes as well, but I didn't implement them so I'm shakey on it. I'll just leave it at that until I know more for certain.

Is swoop going to be time trials like KOTOR?  Or maybe head to head?  *hopes for the latter*

We tried to add opponents to the tracks but it just wasn't working out with how the Swoop stuff was implemented so we had to cut that. Sorry. :(

pazakk, swoop racing and what was the third

The turret...

Akari: Will the second weapon config. also apply to npc's?

Don't remember the exact details.... :(

Well, your party members can take advantage of them. There's no real need for them for non-Party NPCs since we can just equip them with whatever we want in script on demand anyway.

akari you mentioned you cant wait for two magazines to release the info obsidian have given them so we can talk about it more what are these two magazines?

If I said 'two' somewhere then I mistyped. There's no particular two magazines that I'm waiting on. I'm just waiting on magazines or websites to give out more information on NPCs so that we can discuss them a little more here. :)

Akari,

If you found out through the grapevine that Feargus and Avallone were gonna give you the pink slip soon, do you know enough about the story to tell all and really go out in a blaze of glory?  :p

Mn... maybe... why... do you know something I don't? :unsure:

1.) Is this game going to be more difficult than the first one? There were several instances in KotorI where i could go rambo-style without any party members and pretty much decimate everything in my way, most noticeably at the end of the game in the Sith Academy.

We have put more work into scaling the difficulty as you become more powerful. Hopefully it gives you more of a challenge in combat.

2.) Will you be able to somewhat level up to a high level early in the game? Im a hardcore rpg gamer myself and the 3 times i played KotorI i always conveniently reached level 20 on the Unknown world.

No idea.

3.) In light of all the new force powers you guys added will there be a type of "force movement" power? where say you can select an object and hurl it at an enemy or use the force to stop a grenade or something like that...?

Hm... I'm not sure that there's anything like that off hand. Definitely not on the 'Force Movement' idea, though that would be cool. I'm not sure on the grenade defense though.

4.) To a previous question you answered there were 3 additional lightsaber upgrade slots, could you explain what you will be able to put in these and what effects they will have?

The new slots are: lens, emitter, energy cell. :)

5.) In the trailer theres one part where they pc stands like he's charging up a la dbz and a wave of force seems to erupt from him...can you explain what this is?

Sounds like it might be Force Fury, a Sith Maurader power. Or maybe it's Force Scream. Just guessing here. :)

6.) I like the original Kotor in that it gave some information on previous events such as the great hyperspace war and info on the previous sith lords in the ancient sith tombs, will more information be given on previous events?

No idea on this one.

7.) Last question, how often will you be able to add points to your attributes? is it still at every 4th level or have you increased\decreased it in light of the recent level cap?

I believe it remains the same.

and these questions you are asked at the beginning of the game, can you tell us how that is going to be implimented? is it before you actually start the game that they appear or does a npc ask?

It is a dialog with a NPC. I've heard Atton's name thrown around and that sounds plausible. I don't know for certain myself since I haven't played through that part yet.

Is there going to be another "extra level" similar to the Yavin Station level from KOTOR I?

That isn't known yet.

Is the game Alpha stage?

'Alpha' is a nebulous term in this industry. It's hard to say what qualifies as Alpha or not. If you're asking if one can sit down and play from start to finish without running into any game-stopping bugs then the answer is no.

I'm going to jump in and steal some of Akari's weekend programmer spotlight, because I am a petty and jealous designer. -_-

It just became Weekend Designer!

Anyway, I'm done for today. I didn't get to as much this time since I was busy with that whole 'Making the game for all of you' thing. ;)

-Akari

I forget if this is answered but: Besides for T3 (and maybe HK), will it be possible to have any party npcs from Kotor join you in K2?

Yes.

-Akari

I've been asked to clarify that a more specific response would be 'Yes, there are is a very limited number of party NPCs from KotOR1 that may join you.' Just in case someone was mislead into thinking absolutely anyone from KotOR1 may join you, because that's certainly not the case.

-Akari