My guess as to who is making BG3

"Neverinter Nights is mentioned in one of the Throne of Bhaal load screens..."

NWN was also hinted at in BG1.

"Yeah...what does it say..I wasn't paying attention ?"

Just mentions the 'fact' that you can bring your BG2 character into NWN. of course that idea was scrapped as it was a dumb idea to even think that would work in the first place. :rolleyes::blink:" :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

No, it wouldn't have worked. Bg = 2E. NWN = 3E. Impossible to transfer characters over as is. Besides, at the end of BG2 (not TOB) you are level 17-20. In NWN OC, you start at level 1 and END at level 18-20). Hello, McFlies?

I M P O S S I B L E.

No, it wouldn't have worked. Bg = 2E. NWN = 3E. Impossible to transfer characters over as is. Besides, at the end of BG2 (not TOB) you are level 17-20. In NWN OC, you start at level 1 and END at level 18-20). Hello, McFlies?

I M P O S S I B L E.

Actually it

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

"McFly.

Its a reference to Back to the Future."

WOWSERS! If only I knew. :huh: In fact, I used "McFlies" as a homage to that great movie, and I was addressing multiple people.

HELLO, MCFLY!?! Anyone home? Oh yeah, i forgot this is Drakron who trolls for the fun of it.

R00fles!

"Actually it

Really? The hardcoded point buy would have completed destroyed 99% of BG2 characters. Not to mention the IRL. Not to forget the way spell books are handled in the two games and the variant spells. Not to mention the fact that BG2 uses wepaon profiences while NWN has feats, and skills. The list goes.

Yeah but you would have started with a level 1 character with the exp of let's say lvl 15...you then could have leveled him up as you wanted until he reached 15...so you would have gotten a character close to the one (power wise) at the end of BG2.

They could even not use any BG partymembers :D

Of course the game would also have epic leveling :huh:

Actually, your comments below prove that it is impossible. Afterall, your character would have been chnaged in so many ways; it would have been worthless to do, and it would be impossible to transfer your character as is which is the whole point of a transfer.

Not impossible, just worthless. It could have been done as mentioned above, but since you start back at level 1, your character would not resemble your BG2 character anymore. The only things that would be the same, would be name, attributes like Strength, and class if you were a Vanilla Fighter, or any of the other base classes. Spells and weapon proficiencies would not needed to be transferred since you start at level 1, so the new skills and feats, along with your brand new magic Missile would be chosen at character generation.

I don

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

• 1 year later...

...This topic I started is over a year old now, where I said I was guessing Irrational games was secretly developing BG3, which a year later I really, really doubt, in fact I can't imaging it would even be possible, considering Atari's financial shape, ....but, this news below is interesting, maybe my hunch will turn out to be right after all..

http://www.irrational.com.au/

" ...

26 May 2006

We

"Unlikely, not their style/expertise."

You got no proof for this.

Before BIO got into games, they were medical software developers and before that they were doctors. Their first game was an action game. Then they did BG which 'wasn't their style'. We see now how much that line was a joke.

Of course, I'd be SHOCKED that irrational is doing BG3 considering the mess that Atari is in.

Edited by Volourn

I'm more betting for either a Shock3 or a revival of X-Com.

The System Shock license is in EA's hands... no idea where the X-Com's is...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I'm more betting for either a Shock3 or a revival of X-Com.

The System Shock license is in EA's hands... no idea where the X-Com's is...

Take2 could have bought it from EA. But since they're making Bioshick now, making a Shock3 in addition wouldn't be the most obvious move indeed.

I once remember when FFv3rdR was released, Ken mentioned in an interview the team would be itchy to make a turn-based tactical Strategy/RPG thingy.

There were also once rumours Firaxis (also owned by Take2) got the X-Com license.

But then again this could all be wrong, so I now just will shut up and wait what they're up to. :D