My guess as to who is making BG3

"Unlikely, not their style/expertise."

You got no proof for this.

That's why I said unlikely, not impossible.

Before BIO got into games, they were medical software developers and before that they were doctors. Their first game was an action game. Then they did BG which 'wasn't their style'. We see now how much that line was a joke.

Of course, I'd be SHOCKED that irrational is doing BG3 considering the mess that Atari is in.

Irrational are definitvely pros's, but not in that specific field. You underestimate the importance of expertise. We're talking about a mulit-million-heavy franchise after all, Bio/Atari better don't let an inexperienced team messing around there.

26 May 2006

We’re hiring!

Off the back of winning game of the show at E3, we’re looking for lots of talented people to join us in Australia. We’re working on the sequel to one of the best loved PC franchises of all time. I think gamers are going to go nuts when they find out. So, why not come and talk to us about being part of it? Click here

..."

Sounds like kotor 3 to me.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

"Irrational are definitvely pros's, but not in that specific field. You underestimate the importance of expertise."

Again, neither was BIO when they worked on BG. You underestimate talent. If irrational is as good as their fans claim (I don't really play their games); I'm sure they'd do a good job.

Afterall, before I played BG, I didn't know BIo at all. And, I'm sure that's true for most RPG fans.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Irrational are definitvely pros's, but not in that specific field. You underestimate the importance of expertise."

Again, neither was BIO when they worked on BG. You underestimate talent. If irrational is as good as their fans claim (I don't really play their games); I'm sure they'd do a good job.

Afterall, before I played BG, I didn't know BIo at all. And, I'm sure that's true for most RPG fans.

Well, I won't argue with you since we both really don't know what's going on behind the scenes.... though don't be surprised if they turn BG3 into a First Person RPG. HAHAHA!

"Unlikely, not their style/expertise."

You got no proof for this.

Before BIO got into games, they were medical software developers and before that they were doctors. Their first game was an action game. Then they did BG which 'wasn't their style'. We see now how much that line was a joke.

But at the same time, they were fans of D&D.

But at the same time, they were fans of D&D.

Being a football fan won't make you a good footballer... :-"

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

But it will spur interest in making a football game. And a quality one because you'll understand the nuances of it.

The two (and much of the Bioware staff) also have a history of creating D&D stories and having tons of DM sessions.

Edited by alanschu

Some of the positions call for FPS experience and artists with scifi/mech experience, so I think the chances it is BG3 are zippo. I'll reiterate my belief that there is no BG3.

If it were RPG-related, I'd guess maybe Deus Ex...but there's more chance it's just a straight FPS franchise.

"But at the same time, they were fans of D&D."

I know very little about Irrational; but are they somehow anti D&D or RPGs or soemthing?

You do realize that dave Gaider is not a fan of the Realms right yet he somehow manages to write for FR games that most people seem to like?

*shrugs*

I think writing soemone off because they don't have experience in x is just plain dumb. everyone does everything they do for the first time at least once, right?

P.S. Of course, the chances of Irrational (or any other company) doing BG3 is next to nil.... afterall, for Atari, such an announcement would probably hurt NWN2 sales... LOLOLOLOLLIPOP

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I think writing soemone off because they don't have experience in x is just plain dumb. everyone does everything they do for the first time at least once, right?

:-

OMG. Don't let Warren Spector make a RPG/FPS hybrid as never seen before because he has no experience (d

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Fair enough.

I wouldn't expect a company like idSoftware to do an RPG, since they haven't seemed to display an interest in making one (otherwise they would have, wouldn't they?). Just like I wouldn't expect Obsidian to go and make a technology pushing FPS game.