Sacred

Fionavar

Well hopefully this thread will not end up derailed as was the original one :lol: Has anyone played Sacred since Plus? What about Underworld? Thoughts, impressions, critiques? Finally, has anyone in North America seen/bought Plus & Underworld? I'm in need of an RPG and I am now into the fan mods of NWN and need something new :lol:

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

If you like brainless hack n slash, shure..

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Really - it's just H&S? I thought from some of the reviews that they had tried to tighten that up with the addition of the Plus material?

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

I'm getting mixed messages here ... well not that that is surprising, but ... so Darque why is it you like it? Are you playing with the Plus addition? Has anyone played with the original AND the Plus - differences? Better - worse?

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

I think most people here are probably commenting on the original version only.

I could be wrong tho....

I can't help with your inquiry myself...I didn't even know there was a 'Plus' version coming out.

I liked the original well enough - for a while - particularly the aspect of being able to explore freely and ignore quests if you wanted etc. And it had a nice sense of humor. It got a bit dull rather quickly tho - the item creation wasn't very interesting to me. And the whole bit with riding a horse in actual combat was neat, but not well executed (ie frustrating). And yes, it's more akin to a Diablo or Dungeon Siege etc. than, say, BG.

Also, the rate of monster regeneration was a real pain in the rear end.

If they've done something to improve the game play mechanics/interface/items it might make me take a look at it again.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

@ Baley - thanks :D I am keen on the pretty boxed set with less muss and fuss :-

@LadyCrimson - A lot of those concerns - from what I have read - do in fact seem to have been addressed since the 1.7 patch onward fwiiw.

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

"Not just another Diablo clone. Sacred is a feature-rich fantasy action role-playing game with surprising depth and a lot of polish."

I would have to disagree with that somewhat. It is more in-depth and somewhat more immersive than Diablo2 - but I wouldn't describe it as having 'surprising depth'. :-

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've played Sacred Plus...and didn't notice much of a difference in the game. Yeah, there seemed to be a few more items, and I got skill tokens a bit more often...but it was still very boring after about half an hour or so.

There just wasn't enough variety to keep me interested, and those damn monsters are frakken annoying as heck and are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy too commen. I'm still confused about several item stats as well (what is an attack stat doing on a shield? and what dose it mean if it's at 14%?). The quests are also rather...un-interesting, while the story quests are just *okay* they're usually nothing all that impressive, the random quests are just...here is one I got: "Help...Need a tailor for a party...tracks leading off to the cemetary...please be back in one day or it'll be too late!" and all I did was run off to the cemetary, click the tailor, and run back.

But, if you can shut of (edit: I meant to say off) your brain for long enough it's fun(blowing up goblins with exploding arrows is very satisfying), though I'd still rather just do away with the enemys/tedious quests, and ride my horsy all over the map. :D (Edit: sorta' how I feel about Freelancer too...just with a Freighter instead of a horse)

Sacred is a better version of Diablo. The horses ALONE make the game worthwhile! Not the greatets game ever - and certainly not a RPG like a BG or PST or FO; but fun. :cool:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yawn. Sacred was a mistake, not my kind of game, although I didn't play a 'plus' version. I guess it's fine if you like lots of pointless fighting. I gave up when I realised that the main quest was really nothing more than an excuse to send you hacking through hoards of monsters at the opposite end of the map.

If you draw a line joining up all the main quest destinations, does it make a symbol, like the Star of David, maybe? Or a rude word in Chinese?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I'm getting mixed messages here ... well not that that is surprising, but ... so Darque why is it you like it? Are you playing with the Plus addition? Has anyone played with the original AND the Plus - differences? Better - worse?

No, only the "Basic" version, just before my computer died... I still haven't equipped my new comp with a video card that can handle it <_<

It was a "pretty" Diablo, and that was kinda neat. :huh:

But to be honest, I never went past the first city before disaster struck :- so I really don't know if it gets better or worse down the road.

But I liked what I did play of it :)

See, even Ratzinger likes it, can't be that bad. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds