Volourn's NWN Module

Volourn

Just boosting this for those who may be interested in the mod. Or not.

Little Update: Finished up some dialogue, fixed quite a bit of typos (hahaha!), bashing scripts that ain't working right, and other miscellaneous things.

Things to Do Before Next Version: Change some stuff that QA has pointed out, add two large dialogue chains inside the Mansion proper, and finish up spell changes.

Stuff Of Note: There will be 100+ different summons (ranging from all types including Kobold Commandos, Giants, & Invisible Stalkers). I will also be scripting the limitations on class and race stuff as well as other starting things. I have alsod ecided against spell components...

That is all. For now.

Keep up the good work, QA. Wherever you are.

And, check out http://nwn.bioware.com/guilds_registry/vie....html?gid=11662 if you are interetsed in giving your opinion on what you'd like to se eincluded or to offer QA services in a more appropriate place.

Enjoy. :-

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Stuff Of Note: There will be 100+ different summons (ranging from all types including Kobold Commandos, Giants, & Invisible Stalkers). I will also be scripting the limitations on class and race stuff as well as other starting things. I have alsod ecided against spell components...

I just love this part :p:-

You won't when NPC spellcasters start using them against you. Espiically if I cna get it so there are NO summoning limits at all. Ptooey!

Also, the set up is like this:

For mages - 4 random summon types per level

For clerics - one for good, evil, and neutral clerics

For Bards - A mix of wizard, clerical, and a few unique bard summons (the highest bar summon of level 6 will actually be the equivalant of a level 8 wizard summon)

For druids - random chance of 2 different animals to be summoned per level

And, those are just the actual summoning lines. Not counting the other summoning spells like Gate et al...

Sure. Harpy Siren. :- You hear them sing, close your ears and cry for mummy then run as fast as you can... It's likely gonna be a level 5...

Depends which song or spell they use. They have three 'songs' of fear, charm, and paralysis. The Dcs are not known yet since I haven;t gotten as far enough to test the creature in game..

You won't when NPC spellcasters start using them against you. Espiically if I cna get it so there are NO summoning limits at all. Ptooey!

Also, the set up is like this:

For mages - 4 random summon types per level

For clerics - one for good, evil, and neutral clerics

For Bards - A mix of wizard, clerical, and a few unique bard summons (the highest bar summon  of level 6 will actually be the equivalant of a level 8 wizard summon)

For druids - random chance of 2 different animals to be summoned per level

And, those are just the actual summoning lines. Not counting the other summoning spells like Gate et al...

This is terrific news. Invisible Stalkers -- Nice! Now if only psionics worked as in AD&D ... :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

EVIL UPDATE: Things are taking a little long than expected so just to let people know that things are still progressing; I'm gonna post the Wizard List for Monster Summoning spells from levels 1-8. Level 9 spells are TOP SECRET.

Also, other interesting summoning spell facts:

- duration is 2r/l

- multiple summons allowed (if the scripters I'm gonna bug say it's possible which I'm sure it is)

- 25% chance out of the 4 monsters per level

- also of note, every single monster that is summoned while based off a pre existing ones all have differents stats, abilties, and equipment (if aplicable). For exmaple, don't expect a summoned umber hulk to be exactly like a 'typical' NWN umberhulk...

Here goes the list:

Level 1: Kobold, Fire Beetle, Goblin, & Nixie

Level 2: Salt Mephit, Steam Mephit, Dryad, & Pixie.

Level 3: Ogre, Bugbear, Minotaur, & Gargoyle.

Level 4: Dwarven Warrior, Elven Wizard, Halfling Rogue, & Gnome Cleric.

Level 5: Manticore, Umberhulk, Werewolf, & Sword Spider.

Level 6: Troll Berserker, Ogre Mage, Ettin, & Invisible Stalker.

Level 7: Fire Giant, Frost Giant, Kobold Commando, & Intellect Devourer.

Level 8: Dwarven Champion, Elven Bladesinger, Hlafling Assassin, & Gnome Illusionmaker.

Other things I've been working on is finishing upd ialogue, and lots of typo fixing...

Have fun. >_<

No. The dwarves, gnomes, halflings, and elve alternate on races. I believe the elven bladesinger is male, and the dwarven champion is female IIRC. Frost ginats are also female as opposed to the male fire giant.

To clarify: there are 8 summons of the 4 demi human races. 4 (one of each race) is male, and the other 4 are female 9one of eahc race as well). Not that this really effects the gameor the inetratcion between summoner and summon anyways.

That said, if I feel up to it; I might actually add some short dialogue so the PC can have a little more control over the summons (much like one would give directions to henchmen). For example, the Halfling Rogue can be set to either short sword + buckler or shortbow... That's the plan, anyways, though I might go as indepth as that at least for this first module as I wanna complete the real meaty stuff so peopel can see it in finish form finally. LOL

Yes, I know. It takes me awhile just ediitng the monsters to get what I want. Some take a good 30 minutes (espicially true with the demi human class summons) while I pick and choose their skills, feats, and equipment. Also, of note, the more intelligent of the summons may also come with potions, scrolls, and the like... >_<

Yes, I know. It takes me awhile just ediitng the monsters to get what I want. Some take a good 30 minutes (espicially true with the demi human class summons) while I pick and choose their skills, feats, and equipment. Also, of note, the more intelligent of the summons may also come with potions, scrolls, and the like... :o

... And have a morale check versus charisma score, to attack the summoner ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Heh. The summoning magic forces them to work for you. Think of it as an enhanced charm spell..

Still, you'll be pleseantly surprise that that the conjuring spells that arne't part of the summoning line do have rules like that (think Gate, Planar Summoning, and the the like)...

Heh. The summoning magic forces them to work for you. Think of it as an enhanced charm spell..

Still, you'll be pleseantly surprise that that the conjuring spells that arne't part of the summoning line do have rules like that (think Gate, Planar Summoning, and the the like)...

Sauce for the goose ... I hate enemy NPCs summoning in dang beasties ... then again I suppose a succubus isn't going to fail a morale check when summoned by another succubus ... :o

I did like the fact that the rats didn't automatically attack in that bit of your mod, btw. (sure, have 'em do it if you make 'em angry, but surely a rat is going to run away rather than fight a person ...)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"I did like the fact that the rats didn't automatically attack in that bit of your mod, btw. (sure, have 'em do it if you make 'em angry, but surely a rat is going to run away rather than fight a person ...)"

Heh. If you notice most creatures in the module aren't auto hostile. I can think of only 3 encounters where the creatures are auto hostile - 2 can be easily avoided, and the other rarely ever happens excpet in a very special way.

"I hate enemy NPCs summoning in dang beasties"

That's good. You aren't suppose to enjoy your enemies summoning in back up. :D