Another end-game cut-plot stuff thread

Also, the contents of 907/904Kreia are driving me nuts - it's the scene where the sidekick Jedis confront Kreia - except Atris is speaking all of Kreia's lines!

I think other people here have said that Atris was meant to become Traya if you made certain dialog choices, perhaps becoming corrupted by the Sith Holocrons/Kreia.

Or, it's a "Fight Club" moment where Kreia and Atris are actually one and the same.

Remember, Kreia does mention at one point that Atris walks the same path as she did, and during their confrontation on Telos, Kreia tells Atris that it's possible that she could be Traya.

Now, what I don't get is this - is the destruction of Malanchor V supposed to be good or bad?

Assuming that Boa-Dur's motives are "pure", then the answer is yes... but, it seems that the only male ending (that is cut) is him leaving either Visas or Handmaiden behind to train the "others" that will come to Malanchor...

What's confusing me is that the female Exile gets the "Atton flies with her off to the outer rim" ending, implying that the "good" ending is the destruction of Malanchor V... So, I'm just confused about that.

I suppose that could be a dark male Exile ending (ala DS Revan and Bastila), but what is supposed to be the ls male ending then? Blerg. :p

Also, it's not clear what Kreia achieves by getting the Exile to kill her... I mean... maybe if you're female, killing Kreia means you become the next Darth Traya... but what does that mean if you're male?

How does her death fulfill the "death of the Force", which is what she so desperately seeks?

I mean, drawing that out even more... how does following Revan's path mean the death of the Force?

How does staying on Malanchor V mean the death of the Force?

THen there's the other side plots - why is G0-T0 so intent on saving Malanchor V? Why would it's destruction destabilize the Republic?

Anyhoo... I think whoever does KoTOR3 is pretty much screwed. I mean, there's no way you're going to get away with a simple dialog tree that lets you pick a DS/LS Revan/Exile, because there are just way too many things to consider. They're going to have to pick one ending and go with it, ala Jedi Knight.

Also, the contents of 907/904Kreia are driving me nuts - it's the scene where the sidekick Jedis confront Kreia - except Atris is speaking all of Kreia's lines!

Perhaps this confrontation was meant to be at the Telos polar installation?

If Atris was initially going to be Darth Traya under certain circumstances, then it would make sense to have the dialogue read by both actresses; this would support the hypothesis that the plan was scrapped pretty early on in the development cycle (before Kreia's voice actress had read that piece of the script).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Wow, it all makes sense now.  It actually makes sense!  I never thought K2 could...

I'm glad to hear Atton can be saved (at least in your interpretation).  Make sure the Restoration Project remembers that!  I don't want to watch the death scene... :'(  :'(  :'(

I think Aurora will be sure to give Atton the fan-girl treatment due to him ... >_<

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Wow, it all makes sense now.  It actually makes sense!  I never thought K2 could...

I'm glad to hear Atton can be saved (at least in your interpretation).  Make sure the Restoration Project remembers that!  I don't want to watch the death scene... :'(  :'(  :'(

I think Aurora will be sure to give Atton the fan-girl treatment due to him ... :luck:

Yay. >_< I'm calm now. :-"

sig2.gif

I think Aurora will be sure to give Atton the fan-girl treatment due to him ... :)

Yay. :thumbsup: I'm calm now. :-"

What about poor Disciple?

He doesn't get anything...

Honestly, I must admit, I've read many, many, MANY cut ending threads, and not ONE of them actually managed to make me understand what the REAL ending was meant to be in a story context before. I mean, yes, I knew that Atton died, I knew that everybody went to face Kreia, blah blah blah, but I didn't really understand how all the scenes actually worked together.

The one part that I still don't really get is why everybody seemed to think the Exile was dead, and thus decided to go face Kreia.

This is awesome... I didn't realize they had actually planned a way to save Atton from that death scene.

The cut content with regard to Droid World is one thing (they admitted in official interviews that this was cut because of time constraints).

HOWEVER, has it ever occurred to anyone that some of the stuff may have gotten cut because it sucked?

I mean, really, Atton dying, everybody ganging up on Kreia and STILL have a cliffhanger....no, they handled the ending right.

It was not a *satisfying* ending but it was *supposed* to be a cliffhanger--having beaten a non-traditional enemy (who was not the real threat).

I disagree, the ending would have been more complete -- just from the perpective of the mechanics of story writing. The actual ending is rubbish, because it doesn't give closure on all the characters we spend the entire game finding, playing and helping.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I disagree, the ending would have been more complete -- just from the perpective of the mechanics of story writing. The actual ending is rubbish, because it doesn't give closure on all the characters we spend the entire game finding, playing and helping.

I hear you. I just don't think those sequences would have been that time consuming....LA took certain things out to build up the cliffhanger.

I'm not saying that was the best choice (well, maybe I did say that :thumbsup: ) but I think that is the right way to look at the Malachor cut content.

I agree Plano, I didnt like the ending either but the cut one just isnt very good sure it gives you closure but all these supposed new jedi masters in the future gettin beat or killed deosnt really give closure especially when they are supposed to be the new council. I prefer kreia telling you what happens to your team then seeing them all get killed.

I actually think this ending is much more satisfying that the KoTOR1 ending, where nothing happens except a random medal ceremony.

(I liked Gaider's personal "Denoument", but it goes against canon.)

This ending tells you what happens to everything and everyone, and then sends you off to fight the Sith (or teach others to fight the Sith). Hell, both the DS and the LS endings are so "gray" that there's really just one ending either way - you help Revan.

The cut stuff is even better, because in KoTOR1, your entire party just disappears...

That's what I didn't like. There was no need for me to make any particular dialogue choice or my PC to take any specific direct action, because it made no difference at all after Dantooine.

That is just an basic interactive FMV. If that's all I'm looking at, then my plot standards are significantly harder to meet, because I no longer feel I am the protagonist, instead I have to identify with them.

And this is why the end sucked (technical term).

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You know the cut ending sounds better and better everytime i read it. Since everybody seems to live and ends up giving you a better background towards kotor3.

Also i could understand the last few dialogues though would it really make a difference telling the jedi masters to stop or theyre dead since u already decided to spare them earlier.

Okay, despite how painful it is for me to quote huge blocks of text, just for the sake of putting things in context:

I think Aurora will be sure to give Atton the fan-girl treatment due to him ... :lol:

Yay. :) I'm calm now. :lol:"

What about poor Disciple?

He doesn't get anything...

Atton and Di will both get some luvin' in the Restoration Project. Atton will not necessarily have to die - admittedly, this is one of the plot elements we're having difficulty with. If anyone here wants to give feedback on why/when/how Atton should die, check out this thread. And, um, "stomped under the foot of a maniacally laughing Gizka" is not an option.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

personally i think that there should be some more fmv scenes I mean the best they could do was telos and malacor bits?? that doesn't even compare to the Final Star Forge battle

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Okey, you have to forgive me for this, but I've finished the game 3times now, and these endings have never came up for me. Is it to certain consoles or what?

Errr, do you mean the cut endings didn't come up? :p

That's because they were cut (removed from the game by the developers). :p

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Okey, you have to forgive me for this, but I've finished the game 3times now, and these endings have never came up for me. Is it to certain consoles or what?

Alright, I forgive you, but only because it's your first post :) . Tip:Read the whole thread before you post (if you did...well, you weren't paying much attention; they mention that the stuff is cut enough times that you could pick that up.... :)" )

Atton and Di will both get some luvin' in the Restoration Project. Atton will not necessarily have to die - admittedly, this is one of the plot elements we're having difficulty with. If anyone here wants to give feedback on why/when/how Atton should die, check out this thread. And, um, "stomped under the foot of a maniacally laughing Gizka" is not an option.

Too bad, the gizka idea was pure genius. :D

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

the gizka should happen to disiple. course you might as well throw in a death star and maybe just maybe a starforge to make sure he's actually dead.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.