NWN: Hordes of the Underdark

I think I made some really bad choices when levelling up to 15, is there anyway to change skills and feats? The console only seems able to alter attributes.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Nope, couldnt find anything useful. I need a good oldfashioned character/savegame editor like the ones for Baldurs gate and Planescape: Torment

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Can I create a new character and then insert her into the campaign where my other one was or do I have to start over?

Can I create a new character and then insert her into the campaign where my other one was or do I have to start over?

At a guess without using the program, I would imagine that it would be possible only at chapter intervals. So when you finish Undermountain, insert your character into chapter 2.

I warn you about your romance, though. The guy you end up romancing is very...horny.

*winks to everyone else*

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Finally found this http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/other/data/1046132033931.shtml

Its a character/savegames editor but its formally called a *.bic editor or whatever so it didnt come up on my searches. Anyway, all my problems are now solved although I did cheat and gave myself "immunity to patralysis" because I absolutely hate standing around dazed while my party gets slaughtered.

The main fault of dungeons is that they're mostly just deadspots in the story thats just designed to slow down the players from progressing the story too fast.

uh, durlag's tower in tales of the sword coast (BG1 expansion)... best dungeon ever. it was the story. not a deadspot. the goal, of course, was as toturedagger, but the whole dungeon was about figuring out what the past story was so you could progress... very nicely done.

As in HotU where you go into the underlevel and as soon as you see those levers you know it means you're going to have to find the standard 4 missing parts in 4 different places in the cave while fighting a miniboss at each location in order to procede to the next level *yawn*

uh, not really... not the same as with the OC. there is one level that requires that kind of thing (find four chains to open the door to the next level), but in general, each chapter has a different type of goal and they aren't really fed-ex goals, either. they really did do this one well (the OC bores me, too).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

..or, Ill just level down my char using "dm_givelevel" and then level up again. Gah. Why didnt I think of this before?

hmmm... you MIGHT have to set your XP low then do the givelevel command to come back up. i've done this before and there was a trick that allowed it. i thought givelevel just added levels (it's been a while since i played).

speaking of HotU and all... there's a dragonlance series of fan-made modules coming out soon. i just need to get SoU (same boat as you on this kaftan... i don't want to buy the danged platinum ed. just for one expansion).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

It didnt work since it only adds levels. That's why I had to use the Editor. I always screw up when making characters with that damn D&D system. (Id like to think its because the devs take it for granted that every player knows the D&D rules like the back of his hand, and not because Im suffering from ineptitude)

Yeah, they should just stuff all the tilesets and things that you need into an update so you wont have to buy that POS expansion. Im on a borrowed copy now so if I was to buy the box just to play fanmade modules and I dont know if its worth it. Ive never played any.

It didnt work since it only adds levels. That's why I had to use the Editor. I always screw up when making characters with that damn D&D system. (Id like to think its because the devs take it for granted that every player knows the D&D rules like the back of his hand, and not because Im suffering from ineptitude)

They may be assuming you read the section on "feats" in the manual. >_<

But it is the case that good knowledge of the rules is important in some cases. For instance, in making a Fighter (or indeed, a Barbarian, but to a lesser degree), it doesn't occur to many people that an INT of 13+ is vital if you want any of the cool feats, or the Weapon Master Prestige Class.

Yeah, they should just stuff all the tilesets and things that you need into an update so you wont have to buy that POS expansion. Im on a borrowed copy now so if I was to buy the box just to play fanmade modules and I dont know if its worth it. Ive never played any.

Well, my advice would be to try some of the modules on this list that don't require SoU. I believe the first on the list is one of those, but you'll have to check their download pages yourself. I can't vouch for all on that list (or even most), but they are the ones considered to be the best by the community.

If you like the ones without the requirement enough, consider getting SoU to play the others.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

They may be assuming you read the section on "feats" in the manual. :thumbsup:

READ THE MANUAL!!?? Nhevarrh!!

I did try to read it yesterday to find out what "keen" was and why its worth 50000 gold to have it on me sword but the manual didnt say diddley squat

What would be a good prestige class for a barbarian?

Keen doubles the critical range on a weapon. So a keen longsword inflicts a critical hit on roll of 17-20 versus the original 19-20.

As for the prestige class that depends on your own style :)

I'd go with weponmaster If I had to :thumbsup:

They may be assuming you read the section on "feats" in the manual. :geek:

READ THE MANUAL!!?? Nhevarrh!!

I did try to read it yesterday to find out what "keen" was and why its worth 50000 gold to have it on me sword but the manual didnt say diddley squat

What would be a good prestige class for a barbarian?

Keen doubles the critical threat range. It is rather important in HotU, as with a keen weapon with a 19-20 threat range combines with improved critical and the epic critical feats and the Weapon Master abilities, you can critical hit on every second attack or so, and have a very high critical multiplier.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Kaftan, you sound like the sort of person who would benefit from the recommended auto level-up button that you can check. It simply makes an optimal, if slightly vanilla, character build.

As for PrCs, an evil barbarian with a few rogue levels would make a pretty nifty assassin. Rage/ Stealth/ Sneak Attack/ Uncloak/ RARRGGHHHH!!!!

sonsofgygax.JPG

Meh. He's betetr off practicing and leanring how the characetr system works. Even, if's just downlaoding one of the level up mods just to practice. Using the reccommended stuff would likely just be a recipe for disaster since you basiclaly playing a characetr someone else made... and not knwoing how it got there and why the computer chose certain skills and feats over others...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Im beginning to wonder if Im under-levelled. Im on chapter 2 now and lvl 18.. is there a massive EXP boost somewhere that lets you reach the Epic levels or were they meant for use in Fanmade Modules?

We killed it and offered its virgin blood to the great gods of Poor Module Planning, Poor Group Planning, Distance, and It Seems I'd Be Happier Spending My Time Playing Games Rather Than Developing Modules.

Ah, another one of those situations. Say no more, say no more.