Volourn's Jade Empire Early Review

Volourn

Wow...I just completed the quest

choosing to convince the orphan master to bury the bones of the ophan children spirits

, and all I can say is "wow". The cutscene, the music, the facial emoting was simply breathtaking - and all this just for a optional sidequest which you could easily miss

by closing the dam before revisting Tien's Landing

?!?  This is called taking your time and not rushing a game. This is called polish. This is called KotOR II pwnage.  :cool:

And that is called Bio fanboysm :p:-" :devil::lol:

Anyway is it really that good? :blink:

Do yo agree with Volo that it's as good as BG? :blink:

Wow! You remember System Schock! A next veteran on the boards! :devil:

I remember that I almost screwed up my college exams in 1995 becouse of SS...

Christ, is it getting so bad that you are considered ancient if you played and remember System Shock? Well the loss is on those people then I guess since they missed out one of the greatest games in history.

btw, is that Crusader: No regret, No remorse you've got on your portrait? Have you checked out http://ra2083.com/ ? Seems like Crusader but with some RPG elements. (actually, there was some RPG elements in Crusader, wasn't there?)

Yup, that's the good old Silencer. That is one game franchise EA could have done something great of, considering that they seem to go for the big-explosions kinda game these days.

And that is called Bio fanboysm :p:-:devil:  :lol:

:p

This isn't right at all! I'm a BIS fanboy, damnit! Not some stinkin' ****!

----

Anyway is it really that good? :blink:

Hell yeah!

----

Do yo agree with Volo that it's as good as BG? :blink:

Definately on par. If the story holds up, then it might possibly be better.

manthing2.jpg

And that is called Bio fanboysm :-:blink::devil:  :blink:

:lol:

This isn't right at all! I'm a BIS fanboy, damnit! Not some stinkin' bi0weenie!

While we appreciate all of our fans and their participation on these boards, recently there have been a number of posts which insult the moderators and/or employees of fellow game companies which we do not feel are appropriate.

We've worked with many people at many game companies over the years, and it is not within the spirit of our forums to allow disrespectful posts about other company's policies, employees, or moderators.  It's OK to say you don't like a game, but referring to another company's employees as "weenies" or flatly saying another company "sucks" will simply not be tolerated here.  Posts in the future which intentionally attack another game company and/or it's employees will be deleted.

Thank you for assistance,

The Guildmaster

YOU'RE IN DEEP TROUBLE, MISTER

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Anyway is it really that good? :rolleyes:

Yes, it is really that good. At least so far: I'm up to the beginning of Chapter 4. The plot twist was excellent; I saw part of it coming... but totally missed the part which is hinted at throughout the game. As long as it (please, please, please) has an ending of quality consistent with the rest of the story, it will be that good.

Anyway is it really that good? :rolleyes:

Third best RPG of all time! So what do you think? ^_^

They were

cannibals

! I knew it! :'(

Fair play to Bio though. They've made a game which balances dark themes and humor better than any game in the Star Wars universe can allow - and this is coming from a so-called-Volourn-dubbed "Star Wars fanboy".

manthing2.jpg

I'm at chapter 5 now, things are really speeding up. Oh and the plottwist in chapter 4? For the first time i knew it before it happened (not just prior, but directly after chapter 1), a slight dissapointment there for me.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The biggest problem with that plot twist is the fact everyone was looking for a plot twist. I thought of a way BIo could have done the twist in a more unique way which I'll share in a spoiler thread when I'm officially finished. I just started ch7...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Done.

I had to check the savegames to see if it was right, and it was:

- Chapter 3 savegame: 22h 35min.

- Chapter 7 (end boss) savegame: 26h 10min.

The game was alright, i would give it an 8 in total. Sure the combat was fun, but the pace of the story gets worse after chapter 4, really speeding up way too fast. As for role-playing, it's the same or more than in the KotOR series.

A good game (great in terms of graphics and combat), but it lacks that "omph" that a great game needs IMO.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Overall great game. Chapter 4-7 should have been more compacted me think. Ch4 should have been part of part 3, chapter 5 should have been combined as ch4. A new ch5 should have been added as another free form chapter. Ch6 could have been the Finale...

Either way. The game is better than the OC, SOU, HOTU, KOTOR, and BG.

:lol::p:)

And, oh, SPOILER BELOW:

Death's Hand is the most sympathetic 'villain' ever. :(

Nothing wrong with that tormented guy :lol: I'm glad someone liked it, i caught a slight "Malachor-cold" after playing the the last two chapters.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

My roommate finally caved and bought the game. I haven't had a chance to play yet since he's been hogging his X-Box (the nerve of him, eh?), but he's gone now for the weekend so I guess I've got a couple of days to play it. (w00t)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I bought the game yesterday and found myself liking it pretty much despite some annoying things. I have one question though, the transforming styles is something I'm trying to get as many of as possible. How are they aquired? Is there a chance of gaining it every time you defeat a demon or is it already decided by the plot?

"How are they aquired?"

By defeating certain creatures. They're not always demons.

"Is there a chance of gaining it every time you defeat a demon or is it already decided by the plot?"

You get them when defeating specific enemies. It's predetermined when. Don't epxect a lot of transformation styles; but do expect some of them to be extremely powerful...

"I'm still early on in the game, but so far none of the female characters look "attractive", even by video game standards."

WHAT? Dawn is HOT. And, Wild Flower will be in about 7 years. <>

"You like wearing women panties ? "

Only if the women like me wearing them. :">

"So does it have multiple ends?"

The game? Three.

I guess I'm just not in to the Asian look then. Although that can't be it, since there are a few Asian women in real life that I find attractive. *shrugs*

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ahh.. That's your problem. Asian women are almost universally HOT to me. :(

p.s. There are exemptions so don't so frook dare post a pic of an unattractive one just to prove a silly point.

I'm about 10 hours in now. If this game is supposed to take about 20 hours, then that means I'm half way done. I hope that's not accurate, since the story is just starting to take off and flesh out. :huh: