Volourn's Jade Empire Early Review

Volourn

I believe Chapter 2 (or it might be Chapter 3).

The part just after I "acquire" the Dragonfly, but am in the process of getting the world map from that tainted forest.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You get an extra character model, a variant of the staff weapon stype, and a 'Making Of' video. Price is the same.

Ghost, I'll be rudely frank. Anyone who completed this game in less than 20 hours obviously wer ejust playing it for the sole purpose of bragging that they beat the game. If you take your time to at least read and understand the dialogue/story, take part ina reasonable amount of side quests, and don't rush around like a chicken with your head cut off; it should take at least 20 hours minimum. It took me about 28 hours.

You have no worries. By your calcualtions, I forsee you playing the game for 24-26 hours. :blink:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Is there a difference between the pre-order version and the in-stores one?

:blink: ?

Weird thing is my roommate's copy is called "Special Edition" and has a bonus disc, but he didn't pre-order. He just bought it the other day.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Heh. It's actually called Limited Edition. Anyways, while it's pre-orders; many stores ordered ONLY the Limited Edition so at least until those copies run out everyone gets LE. That said, once they do, no more LE. Ever. Hence, Limited Edition.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You get an extra character model, a variant of the staff weapon stype, and a 'Making Of' video. Price is the same.

Ghost, I'll be rudely frank. Anyone who completed this game in less than 20 hours obviously wer ejust playing it for the sole purpose of bragging that they beat the game. If you take your time to at least read and understand the dialogue/story, take part ina reasonable amount of side quests, and don't rush around like a chicken with your head cut off; it should take at least 20 hours minimum. It took me about 28 hours.

You have no worries. By your calcualtions, I forsee you playing the game for 24-26 hours. :thumbsup:

I'm over 25 hours in and still in chapter 3.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

>_<

I should just bow my head in shame - but I simply love to savor the moment, read everything, talk to everyone etc etc.

I'm still on Chapter 3...even though I'm 30 hours into the game. But then again, this is the jag who took 60 hours to beat k2, probably more than that to beat PS:T and FO1/2, and <200 hrs for BG2. :devil:

manthing2.jpg

Well I just landed in Imperial City (Chapt 3), and my last save was at 11 hours and 54 minutes. So, for those who have finished the game, that'll give you an exact idea of where I am and how long it's taken me thus far.

And I'm like Jag. I go "exploring" and end up talking to everyone I can, plus chatting with my NPC followers every so often to see if they have anything new to say.

Well I just landed in Imperial City (Chapt 3), and my last save was at 11 hours and 54 minutes.  So, for those who have finished the game, that'll give you an exact idea of where I am and how long it's taken me thus far.

And I'm like Jag.  I go "exploring" and end up talking to everyone I can, plus chatting with my NPC followers every so often to see if they have anything new to say.

I didn't get into Imperial City until after the 20 hour mark.

That's some mighty quick "exploring".

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I don't think it's quick. I consider quick when someone rushes through everything, but I've taken my time and explored most of what is available. I might not have seen or done everything, but I've also not rushed through, doing all the sidequests so far.