Kotor 2 compared to Kotor 1

Was Kotor 2 almost exactly like Kotor 1 or was it just me... Throughout the game you can see all the similarities

-droids in Peragus were rewired, led by one super droid --- droids in Korriban in Kotor 1 were rewired into attaking organics so the droid could get away

-choosing between Czerka and Itorians --- Hidden Bek choice in Telos Kotor 1, the whole sneaking into bases thing

-the thing on Onderon with the gathering info for Canderous' friend doctor guy ---- saving Jolee's friend republic guy by gathering evidence

-sion is bald scars all over --- malak is bald, speech impediment

-quest to find 1 jedi on a planet ---- quest to find 1 starforge map on a planet

-abducted by Gotto ---- abducted by Leviathon

-Canderous is leader of the Mandalorians ---- Zalbaar is leader of the wookies

(they both are leaders and join your party)

-you are running and hiding from sith at beginning ---- exactly the same, even same planet, Telos

That was all I could find, anyone else? Also, if it was only a 5 year seperation, why was there things like

-Canderous is now Mandalore, has a whole base of mandalores with him, kind of makes sense, but still...

-the plants totally overran the jedi council area. that would take like 10 years i bet

-the telos station was completed in 5 years wtf...

-the telos restoration project is up and running in 5 years, even with all the red tape

also, this goes against the whole game time period... why, in the 3,000 year period, is there no change in weapons, clothes, evolution, races, and hutt power? the only change i can see is czerka and mandalorians are no longer there. Even wookies are still enslaved! in 3000 years! also, the warships are the same. Blockade runners, G-wings, Star Destroyers, freigtors, etc

Yeah weird.

I found it weird that A New Hope and Return of the Jedi were the exact same. I mean:

-Luke Skywalker was the lone good Jedi to face the bad guys

-Grand Moff Tarkin was old.....The Emperor was old

-In ANH, the group had to rescue someone (Princess Leia)....then in RotJ the group had to rescue someone (Han Solo)

-The Death Star in ANH.....The Death Star in RotJ

-The planet Tatooine in ANH.....the planet Tatooine in TotJ.

-The Rebels were running from the Empire at the beginning of both movies.

Yeah, basically the same movie as well. :thumbsup:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Was Kotor 2 almost exactly like Kotor 1 or was it just me... Throughout the game you can see all the similarities

-droids in Peragus were rewired, led by one super droid --- droids in Korriban in Kotor 1 were rewired into attaking organics so the droid could get away

-choosing between Czerka and Itorians --- Hidden Bek choice in Telos Kotor 1, the whole sneaking into bases thing

-the thing on Onderon with the gathering info for Canderous' friend doctor guy ---- saving Jolee's friend republic guy by gathering evidence

-sion is bald scars all over --- malak is bald, speech impediment

-quest to find 1 jedi on a planet ---- quest to find 1 starforge map on a planet

-abducted by Gotto ---- abducted by Leviathon

-Canderous is leader of the Mandalorians ---- Zalbaar is leader of the wookies

(they both are leaders and join your party)

It's just you. These are very superficial similarities, the type you could probably find in just about every RPG ever made.

-you are running and hiding from sith at beginning ---- exactly the same, even same planet, Telos

It's not the same planet.

-Canderous is now Mandalore, has a whole base of mandalores with him, kind of makes sense, but still...

Why not? A lot can happen in five years.

-the plants totally overran the jedi council area. that would take like 10 years i bet

On Earth maybe. Dantooine isn't Earth.

-the telos station was completed in 5 years wtf...

-the telos restoration project is up and running in 5 years, even with all the red tape

The planet was destroyed four years before the first KOTOR, so it would be closer to 9 years.

also, this goes against the whole game time period... why, in the 3,000 year period, is there no change in weapons, clothes, evolution, races, and hutt power? the only change i can see is czerka and mandalorians are no longer there. Even wookies are still enslaved! in 3000 years! also, the warships are the same. Blockade runners, G-wings, Star Destroyers, freigtors, etc

It's 4,000 years, not 3,000, and it doesn't go against the game time period at all. It was established in the original movie that the Old Republic had ruled the galaxy for some 20-25,000 years, which makes it around 15-20,000 years at the time of the KOTOR games. Space travel and advanced weapons are old habit to them. The ships and personal weapons look similar because the designers kept going with what had worked for 20,000 years and found no way to improve on it.

As far as races and evolution: Evolution works over the course of millions, if not billions of years, not mere thousands. There's no reason for the species to be any different.

Lastly, it's my understanding that the Wookiees weren't still enslaved during the prequels (as evidenced by a Wookiee senator). They were enslaved in the KOTOR era by the Czerka corp. and again 4,000 years later when the Empire came to power.

In K1 you were on Taris, K2 is Telos. Different planets.

Yes, there are many similarities between the games, but you'd expect that. The stories are in the same system only 5 years apart. You'd expect things to be similar, and a lot of the people to stick around. Most sequals are like that. You can't exactly have a sequal if you don't have a lot of similarites...otherwise it's just a new game.

Live forever or die trying.

jengaaaaux2.gif

KotOR'1 while cliche, is a game finished, is (more) challenging, and filled with a few interesting characters that are certainly new types to the Star Wars universe.

KotOR'2 is all attempts -- attempts to be unique (that failed), attempts to be challenging with more variety and neat new systems (failed), and attempts to add a few characters that are interesting, but just remind you of those horribly written lines Obi-Wan delivered. Its mumbo-jumbo with no ending worthy of enduring it.

There's similarities and thats why KotOR'2 shouldn't be KotOR'2 but a KotOR'1 Expansion Pack that could lead into something thats awesome for an actual two -- like a story not involving the Exile, Kreia or any of those great characters like Bao-DuHa-Hurr, Disciple and just about everyone else.

I don't see KotORs as being 4000 years in the past. I see them as parallel/alternate Star Wars universe where things evolved on a different path than the movies. As anyone read the Star Wars: Infinities comic book line?

In one they had Leia turn to the dark side and was Vader's apprentice and Luke failed to destroy the Death Star in ANH. It was a fairly interesting read. Especially how Han and Yoda got along.

Harvey

Wow Taran Atar cleaned ur clock....

Condidering K2 was a SEQUEL... it makes sense that some of the things are similiar.

It is not as if they made a completely divergent game that was a rehash, I mean the superior and original storyline of TSL alone should separate the two games.

K1 was during the Jedi Civil war and many Jedi Existed and after in K2 they were almost extinguished and its ur job to take over the Sith or reestablish teh Jedi Order. Two Completely differetn things man. So what two of the Worlds were revisited.

You could find similarities in any two games if you looked hard enough.

In the Sesame Street Game The Count goes on the moon to find teh Number 4. In KOTOR Revan travels in Outer space he looks for teh 4 Star Maps!!!! REHASH.... Not to mention On the Moon the Count Jumps Really High casue of gravity... and guess what Revan has force jump...

Wait a second call a Lawyer, I think we have copyright infringement on our hands!

"And By teh way Marge, in case you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic"

-Homer Simpson

After having pursued a careful examination of the relative merits of these two games, Knights of the Old Republic I and Knights of the Old Republic II, I have determined the following:

Knights of the Old Republic II by comparison to Knights of the Old Republic I, is undeniably possessed of a higher titular numeric value than its predecessor, and in this respect, its predecessor simply cannot compete.

This is my position, and I'm sticking to it.

Well, i think Kotor I is far better, considering i can play Kotor I over and over again.

While Kotor II is boring after you complete it once on the LS and DS.

Kotor II could have been better, but Lucasarts ruined it by rushing it out to retail because they didn't want it to clash with their 'Republic Commando' product that sucks big time.

They should have delayed Republic Commando and gave Kotor II some more development time.

i found that kotor2 had a better equipment system, voice acting, and upgrade system. the game play was a bit easier as well.

kotor had better endings and character development. kotor2 left too many holes with the sub-characters.

i can't say that i really like one game over the other, as both have their own quirks and flaws, though the endings in kotor2 absolutely sucked.

After having pursued a careful examination of the relative merits of these two games, Knights of the Old Republic I and Knights of the Old Republic II, I have determined the following:

Knights of the Old Republic II by comparison to Knights of the Old Republic I, is undeniably possessed of a higher titular numeric value than its predecessor, and in this respect, its predecessor simply cannot compete.

This is my position, and I'm sticking to it.

You know what, I clicked on teh link to Wikipedia and you know what, I still coulnd't understand it. i took one look at teh page and soiled myself....twice. :">

The ending in K2 =

Publisher: Finish the game NOW!

Developer: Hey man, we got lots of stuff to finish!

Publisher: Do I look like I care? Make it happen or else!

Developer: Shut up, we are gonna finish this, and we don't care what you say

Publisher: Oh really? Consider yourself terminated from our mega money bag!

Developer: I l****ing hate you guys

Publisher: Suck it up, we copy EA and dont give a **** about who sell to, as long as we make cash

Developer: We wanna finish this game, sp please let us work for another month or 2!

Publisher: Screw you, we want cash NOW - We have alliew with EA, so our feature games will be uber crap with crqap support, but we own you, so shut the hell up .. or else!

Developer: I hate you guys .... Damn..

Publisher: Suck it up lowlife!

Besides the fact thats completely unfounded information and quite probably untrue.

There's always a misconception of the relationship between developer and publisher -- LucasArts sets the deadlines, and is in charge -- the developer must comply. I don't really care for either, but I don't really think, 'Man, this is all LucasArts's fault' when I open the game and find it to be ****.

What I do find, is that I wasted my money on a game that is ****, and a game that is incomplete -- my issue is with Obsidian, who could not meet their deadline since they undoubtedly took 9 months to think up that lackluster story and another two to design those robotic characters that look like garbage.