Jade Empire

Do you like the cover ?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the cover ?

• 1.Yes
    • 2.No

"And JE is going to look pretty mediocre when you place it up against those next gen titles (not a slight on JE just the truth)."

Well.. You expect a lot from the Next gen consoles as JE's graphics are awesome. It crushes anything else I've seen on any current console. That's for sure. Except maybe FF8.

No it dosnt. Simple as that. It dosnt even crush MGS III :thumbsup:

FFVIII was made for the PS so if JE is comparable to that something is seriously wrong with it.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"FFVIII was made for the PS so if JE is comparable to that something is seriously wrong with it."

FF8 has likely the best graphics I have ever seen or close to it. I don't care if it';s just a lowly PS game. It looks awesome. Period. A game comapred to it graphically is a compliment.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"FFVIII was made for the PS so if JE is comparable to that something is seriously wrong with it."

FF8 has likely the best graphics I have ever seen or close to it. I don't care if it';s just a lowly PS game. It looks awesome. Period. A game comapred to it graphically is a compliment.

Go look at MGS III.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"Do yourself a favour."

Nah. I don't believe in suicide. Besdies, I've seen screenshots of it before. It's good; but it's no FF8.

Here's a new small story from Gamespot. Nothing fancy new; but cool.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/jadeempir...ew_6121495.html

And,a ccoridng to the article, the game only took 2 years to make. I thoguht it was longer; but meh; BIo gotz screwed by the publisher accoridng to Codex. All good games need 3 years!

R00fles!

"Do yourself a favour."

Nah. I don't believe in suicide. Besdies, I've seen screenshots of it before. It's good; but it's no FF8.

Here's a new small story from Gamespot. Nothing fancy new; but cool.

Maybe you need glasses?

478327[/snapback]

Ah well I finally cracked and had a look :">

It's really the direction that I've wanted to see games like DA and CoN take rather than the overhead view. The voicing made me cringe. But be aware that I was one of the people who wanted chinese voices with english titles from the off. As it is it feels like watching something like Crouching Tiger dubbed <insert eek here> it just feels wrong..

If anyones interested I can run down the combat controls, which are alot less deep than I thought they would be, plays out nice though and very easy to get the hang of.

478327[/snapback]

Are the voices classic 70's Kung Fu bad? That would be totally sweet.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Are the voices classic 70's Kung Fu bad? That would be totally sweet.

I wouldnt go that far. They just dont sound right coming out of those characters.

The combat is going to be the love/hate sticking point. Or maybe the ship mini game, but it's skippable in most circumstance.

478327[/snapback]

Are you guys playing this game already? If so, how is it?

Shouldnt you have a review copy by now ?

It's pretty easy. I was a bit disapointed about how straightforward the combat was.

One button blocks, in conjunction with a direction it will do a flip or roll.

Another button attacks - what form it takes will depend what "feat" or style you have selected.

Pressing two of them together does a special area attack of some sort.

another one does a bullet time type thing (although they call it focus)

one for chi heal and another for chi attack (like an attack boost)

you can select 4 styles from the direction pad so it plays a lot like a DA/CoN game with a different view. Each style has a skill submenu which you can use to increase things like speed,damage etc (usual stuff) from ranks 1-5. Which coupled with selection is probably going to mean focusing on couple of styles is going to be the way to go, unless you want to keep changing them via the menu.

When you kill things they drop little balls which have different effects. usually replenishing something like health or Chi. Gives the combat an arcadey feel, but it didnt really bother me.

People who like DA/CoN but would like to be able to see more than 10feet in front of them will probably like it. Ninja Gaiden fans will find it very shallow in comparison.Graphically it's KOTOR+ but hardly jawdropping in an MGSIII way.

If I can get over the horrible out of place voices and actually get into it I will probably like it.

478327[/snapback]

Is this the actual game or the demo you are reviewing? 'cause if it's the game; it ain't out 'til late next week.... earlier, I preusme for PROFESSINUAL reviewArs!

Is this the actual game or the demo you are reviewing? 'cause if it's the game; it ain't out 'til late next week.... earlier, I preusme for PROFESSINUAL reviewArs!

Lets just say It's something I shouldnt really have (as in given it) and leave it at that. And thats not a review, it's an explanation of how the combat system works.

Be mean to post a review

478327[/snapback]

Lets just say It's something I shouldnt really have (as in given it) and leave it at that. And thats not a review, it's an explanation of how the combat system works.

Be mean to post a review

:thumbsup:"

"I shouldnt really have"

SP, with lines like this what else is one to think? I don't want to think that; but your words lead that to a pretty big possibility...

"I thought it meant he had a contact who gave him a copy, possibly a review copy."

So he has it even though he shouldn't? Last i check review copies given to professionual reviewers is supposed to stay with them - not handed out like candy... unless that is allowed... SP even ADMITTED he shouldn't have it.

My take on things is if you have soemthing you shouldn't have that kinda leads to one conclusion.....

"I thought it meant he had a contact who gave him a copy, possibly a review copy."

It's too easy being negative on the 'net. It's a disease spread by it. I'm a bastard in RL too; but I'm generally positive. :p