The PCvsXbox thread revisted.

Xbox is a better gaming system than the PC <---------- that there is crap , which is where your coming from

& basic stats tell half of the story , how well it runs depends on how "informed" (note that word because it is what you are not) the  system builder is

Where did I say that ? I did say for the price of an Xbox it's impossible to build a gaming PC and no one has yet disproved it. Still making stuff seems to be something you enjoy so carry on.

It's got nothing to do with being informed. But rather how much effort do you want to expend just to play a game.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Where did I say that ? I did say for the price of an Xbox it's impossible to build a gaming PC and no one has yet disproved it. Still making stuff seems to be something you enjoy so carry on.

It's got nothing to do with being informed. But rather how much effort do you want to expend just to play a game.

just keep repeating it dude , whatever helps you live with lower gaming quality

& yes , you have repeatedly stated your happiness with how the Xbox runs Kotor-II , well i guess i would too if i knew nothing of how games run , which is how your coming across

just keep repeating it dude , whatever helps you live  with lower gaming quality

& yes , you have repeatedly stated your happiness with how the Xbox runs Kotor-II , well i guess i would too if i knew nothing of how  games run , which is how your coming across

Well if you think games are that important I would say you were the one missing out not me :p

Sure because I am happy with how it runs. Trouble free out of the box. Have to go back a long way to find a PC game that did that.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

way to bug out of the discussion ! im SURE that without any grounds to stand on i TOO would make the same wig-out statements

it all comes down to PC's being the best at running games

even games designed for the console first & ported secondly to the PC are going to show off what the developers made better

now then theres complex games , games they dont port to consoles ,im talking about the more grown-up games like simulators , & besides simulators the games that are just too much for the console to power , your preferred system aint ever going to see them

btw , you really need to check a online game stores release schedule , you keep going on & on about PCs not getting any games of their own , well get yet ANOTHER clue & go look , as i said , you need a opinion based on reality & not the fantasy land your living in

Trouble free out of the box. Have to go back a long way to find a PC game that did that.

yea trouble free , i like how in the middle of combat when your trying to actually move & fight , how after the FPS come up from 1 that the dialog is able to resume . . . . . .

if Kotor-II ran fine you would be right , but it doesnt on the xbox & you aint

not entirely the consoles fault , but is just a sign of the times . modern games need grunt , the Xbox's time is over , to move ahead a lot more power is needed

as well as a mouse & a damm keypad , games are getting more complex with ever-increasingly complex AI & gameplay options , if they dont have either for the Xbox2 & PS3 , then its the software that will be limited cause both sure seem like they will have decent power

yea trouble free , i like how in the middle of combat when your trying to actually move & fight , how after the FPS come up from 1 that the dialog is able to resume . . . . . .

Never happened to me.

Nothing to do with bugging out. You already proved quite nicely with your elitist twaddle that a gaming PC is way beyond most peoples means :D

Personally It's bugger all to do with cost. Got more cash than I know what to do with. But it is about hassle. I dont feel like buying games only to sit around and optimize them.

478327[/snapback]

the xbox has the advantage over a pc of being more compact and you can just buy a game and play it immediatly

but seriously if you get a high end pc, there is other gaming experience compared to it, plus the keyboard and mouse setup is superior for RTS, 3rd person shooters and FPS games

And provided your pc isn't too old you could buy a high end graphics card that would run the newest games for the cost of an xbox, even cheaper if you use the internet

It all comes down to tastes. Before I didn't mind blowing 3k on a good gaming machine but now I'm 25. Things are a little different.

I get about 1 or 2 hours a night to tend to my hobbies. Gaming as a hobby to me is starting to take a back seat to things that are much more important.

It comes down to your personal life.

Would I spend 3k on a computer now? Hell no. 99 bucks for a PS2 and the extra 2900 for travelling with my girlfriend. I mean I only spend about 5-10 hours a week playing video games on average. Why would I invest 3000 bucks on something that takes up so little of my time?

I still get to play video games when I can (and only for 99 bucks... SCORE!) and I get to spend my money on much more important things rather than 'getting the best gaming experience'.

I'd rather get a set of mountain bikes for my GF and I and spend my time doing that. Hell, I'd still have a ton of cash to spend.

Now some folks just have lots of money to spend. Be it because they have a great job or they live with their parents... like badsight. (Someone that incoherant can't have a job that allows him to afford the big gaming PCs and not be living with his parents)

No use arguing about it or trying to tell other folks which one is best and expect them to go along with you. I just stated why I feel CONSOLES (general term here folks) are more practical than PCs. I'd sooner spend the 2 hours I have to play the game rather than tweak it so that latest driver won't crash on me again.

I'm getting the feeling that the "Big Green" is going to show up and lay down the "big hurt" on the Mr. Paladin Vers. whatever and Mr. Bad eyesight, so how about whinny-little-bitch #1 and whinny-little-bitch #2 stop being whinny little bitches. Computers have the advantage of not being worthless little plasic boxes that can't do anything more than play a video game and Xbox's have the advantage of...um...wait, wait, wait, just give me a second...um, uh, not having to spend precious-little-time installing the game and not worrying about system requirements.

Also, who was that f*cking idiot that was comparing computers to Xbox's based on how much money you waste per year. A gaming computer costing $1800, buying the Xbox for $300 and saving $1500 over an overpriced "gaming computer." That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! You're comparing owning just an Xbos to owning just a computer. Let me ask you something: How many of you that own an Xbox, also own a computer - not necessarily a "gaming machine," but one that is somewhat up-to-date? I know that the combined cost of your computer and your Xbox may not add up to $1500, which is what mine cost and runs KotOR 1 and 2 without a single problem.

And, hell I could knock off a couple hundred dollars or so, for stuff that I didn't even need, like a 250GB hard drive, 3.0 GHZ processor, 48x DVD ROM and 32x DVD RW. I could've downgraded quite a bit and it would still be sufficient. So, lets say $1250, just to make things fair.

Let me ask you something: How many of you that own an Xbox, also own a computer - not necessarily a "gaming machine," but one that is somewhat up-to-date?

Despite the angst, you make an excellent point. The only reason this arguement is even still going on because they are to afraid to face the arguement the PC fanboi and the XBox fanboi cannot defeat....the best option is a PC and an Xbox, even if it means your PC isn't top of the line.

Xbox = Exclusive games + easy multiplayer parties

PC = Pretty much a must-have these days, and without doubt the powerhouse of gaming graphically and for modding.

Honestly, even with the risk of bugs and worrying about the system requirements, I'd take a PC over a console, anyday. I like the mouse and the keyboard. And, you know what, I even like the faster load times and the better graphics and the ability to modify saved games and spawn any item that I can think of, and the ability to access any file installed on to my harddrive, i.e. unused content.

Actually, if I had to buy one console, I'd get a PS2 simply because there are a lot of great games that you can't get on any other console, and all of the games for PS 1 like Twisted Metal, Metal Gear Solid, and other classics. See, pretty much any game for Xbox that I even give rats ass about I can get for PC. Any other games, like Fable, I don't care about enough to buy an Xbox

Never happened to me.

then you have never played Kotor-II on the Xbox

at all

& if you have then your BSing

like your claim to have to have the latest gear to beat what a Xbox is capable of

like i said my 3 year old AMD1600 system runs kotor-II at a higher level of detail , at a higher FPS than my Xbox does

if all you want to do is have a machine for 5 hours a week for gaming , then your not that keen on the hobby ( yes dabise , that means you) so why would someone's opinion like that have any merit in what is the superiour gaming system , it doesnt . all you want is somthing you dont have to do anything except switch on , well congrats , thats what the Xbox is great for

but to try & pass off that to mean the Xbox is the better system is total complete LOS

theres no competiton between the two

btw Shadow , you browsed the PC release schedule for last year yet to see how utterly full of s**t you are about computer games ?

do you actually believe that games are progressing being developed for small power systems that the consoles are ?

Also, who was that f*cking idiot that was comparing computers to Xbox's based on how much money you waste per year. A gaming computer costing $1800, buying the Xbox for $300 and saving $1500 over an overpriced "gaming computer." That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! You're comparing owning just an Xbos to owning just a computer. Let me ask you something: How many of you that own an Xbox, also own a computer - not necessarily a "gaming machine," but one that is somewhat up-to-date? I know that the combined cost of your computer and your Xbox may not add up to $1500, which is what mine cost and runs KotOR 1 and 2 without a single problem.

And, hell I could knock off a couple hundred dollars or so, for stuff that I didn't even need, like a 250GB hard drive, 3.0 GHZ processor, 48x DVD ROM and 32x DVD RW. I could've downgraded quite a bit and it would still be sufficient. So, lets say $1250, just to make things fair.

Xboxs dont cost $300 do they ?

It's not that simple anyway.

Even if you spent $300 on an Xbox that would be a flat cost,no upgrades required. Would you $1250 PC bought 4 years ago at that price still be upto the job. If you PC was never a games machine, then it would be. It would also not have set you back over a grand (barely half that).

478327[/snapback]

STATEMENT: Masters there is one logical conclusion to this argument Fallout and Planescape:Torment.  Also it is possible to use emulators to play any console game on a PC.

Ancient history. You left out the word badly although it's possible.

478327[/snapback]

STATEMENT: Masters there is one logical conclusion to this argument Fallout and Planescape:Torment.  Also it is possible to use emulators to play any console game on a PC.

Ancient history. You left out the word badly although it's possible.

actually if you get the right emulator program it plays rather nicely and looks better too. I know this from experience. as for pc vs. xbox I prefer pc just because I can do other stuff with it and I get far better performance. I've also seens some posts by Haitoku about how the xbox does not have the best hardware. actually if you have looked at thes specs for all three top consoles atm it does have best.

PC has better performance but Xbox has better gameplay.

Ps2 just sucks.

It's all down to preference. THere are alot of people who love the PS2 to death (I am NOT one of them). I have never liked the PS1, PS2 or even the PSP. I'd rather have an XBox. In my opinion there are more crappy games flooding the market for the PS consoles than any console in history. Thats not to say PS doesn't have some awesome games, I'm sure they do, I've just never seen one that made me want to buy a PS1/PS2 that didn't come out for XBox or PC eventually.

I have an XBOX and a PC. I also have a PS2, but it died on me last summer. There are some good games for the PS2, like the tekken series and Onimusha. I have to say I like my XBOX more than the PS2, it just does more. And my opinion won't change until my XBOX says "disc read error"

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

It's all about the GAMES if you ask me. Sure pc's have the greatest graphical capability (duh) - even though a lot of the games end up looking similiar to one another - but it's your prefernce in games that will make the difference.

If you like japanese style storybook RPGs (like me) then the ps2 or gamecube is what you need. Final Fantasy, Zelda, Resident Evil 4, most of these games just aren't on pc.

Only the xbox seems to lack really good unique titles, which despite being more powerful, makes the xbox kind of redundant ( I'm not biased - I have an xbox just for KOTORn can't affrod a pc ).

Despite the outdated hardware, most gamers will admit that consols - as dedicated gaming machines - have been the platforms for some truly original games.

Even if you spent $300 on an Xbox that would be a flat cost,no upgrades required. Would you $1250 PC bought 4 years ago at that price still be upto the job. If you PC was never a games machine, then it would be. It would also not have set you back over a grand (barely half that).

I never said an Xbox costs $300. The original poster that I was talking about did.

I was the F'in idiot.

Apparently you are a bigger idiot because you didn't read my post.

1.) I was assuming you were just jumping into gaming.

2.) I said CONSOLE (Not xbox)

3.) I also said that a gaming computer is high priced and most people aren't that 'gun-ho' on gaming (Like myself) to spend that much JUST FOR GAMING.

4.) I said that consoles update every 5 years (roughly) and the games that come out on them are good enough to make most of the population happy.

I can keep a computer for 10 years and it won't be obsolete for work purposes (Most I need is Autocad and some programming IDEs).

If I want to game with a computer I have to upgrade every year or two. This is scripture.

The numbers I used (cash numbers) were a representation of today's price to start gaming with a computer.

Drop the hate, let in the logic.

I was saying console gaming is cost effective and you get to play all of the latest games. (You can buy Microsoft's, Sony's and Nintendo's newest consoles for half the price of the standard gaming PC. I'm talking when the next gen consoles come out.)

I didn't say console gaming is better. I said it is more logical to go with consoles unless you have cash to burn.

Reading > You. No reason to jump down my throat and call me an idiot.

I'll pull out some quotes from my own post.

1.) All of those things you listed a PC can do, I can load up my old P2-400 and do them all. It cost me 300 bucks 2nd hand a few years back for when I was in school. A console is sub 150 bucks Canadian and has been for a few years now (all consoles).

Stating that I don't need a super computer to do the things that a console cannot. For 450 bucks I can do it all and not have to worry about compatibility.

2.) In order for me to run the newest PC games I need cash, and lots of it.

Am I not correct with this assumption. (I know the answer because I am a PC gamer AND a console gamer)

No matter how you slice it, console gaming is better for the casual gamers. Remember this as well. Casual gamers outnumber the hardcore folk.

Am I wrong with this statement too?

Now someone says this:

how well does SW Kotor 2 run with this PC with the System Requirements or the recommended:

Windows 98 SE, Millennium (ME), 2000, and XP; Pentium III or Athlon class 1 GHz or faster required, Pentium 4 or Athlon XP class 1.6 GHz or faster recommended; 100DirectX 9.0c compatible computer; 256 MB RAM required, 512 MB RAM recommended

If you want to make gaming computer whats the lowest cost you could get by with?

I made a post for them but I didn't use the benchmark of the lowest specs for KOTOR2 because well, in a month (if not now) that system would not allow you to play some games coming out on the PC. Just a fact of technology. I used a 'current gaming system from Dell'

Now to my next post with the numbers.

Okie doke. When a console comes out brand spankin' new the price is usually 250-300 dollars and they come out new roughly every 5 years. 5 seems to be the number this time around. *shrugs*

So you dump 300 bucks on a console. You have 1500 bucks more to spare on games tongue.gif Your console will not become obsolete for another 5 years.

Is this not true considering the price for that gaming system. It is a common rig.

You get the picture. I can go on and on and on about making gaming PCs. It's a waste of money and I have yet to see a reason to continue pc gaming. Before, when PC games only had the Playstation era consoles to compete with it was leagues ahead of the consoles. Now the performance gap is closing and the prices are not.

It is a waste of money for the casual gamer. The configurations alone is a waste of time for a working professional with limited spare time.

I fail to see how all of that makes me an idiot... but this is the internet and I'm sure someone out there is calling me other things as well.

So continue to call me an idiot, it matters little. The reasonal people will see my logic (I have been on both "sides" of this "arguement") and I may have saved them some money and frustration on their next game hardware purchases.

I never said an Xbox costs $300. The original poster that I was talking about did.

And no, I didn't.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT to make this even MORE clear.

I compared a brand new console (JUST MADE). Pretend this is 5 years ago when the current generation came out to a computer that is brand new.

I assumed that the next gen console (after this generation) will be roughly 300 again.

I mean, who would buy an xbox right now and hope it lasts for a long time?

Who would buy a computer that would barely run KotOR2 and expect it to last them a long time?