help...

dewaybe2678

ever since i picked up kotor in january. i've been hook on the kotor series. now i gotten myself in the debate bout kotor 3. i need to get my mind off of kotor. i'm not thinking clearly anymore. i have come caught with revan coming i'm no longer objective in at it. anyway i'm new to rpgs. is there any other good rpgs out there. i prefer one that has good character interaction like kotor.

well I don't know about that .. I enjoyed KOTOR even though I've played BG .. and now that the graphics are dated etc you just play BG for the story! so I think it's perfectly possible to like KOTOR after playing the best oldies ..

Fortune favors the bald.

For the kind of atmosphere the BG games offer, I think the graphics are still pretty good.

But playing a back to back games of BG 1 and 2 and Throne of Bhaal expansion is extremely satisfiying. My advice is to download the improved battles and the acsencion mod for Throne of Bhaal for the greatest experience. The aformentioned mods are semi-official mods created by David Gaider, who worked on the BG series, with the help of other cool modders.

..i prefer one that has good character interaction like kotor.

Then you'll probably have to look to japanese RPGs because IMO, no western made RPG can match the KoTOR series in this aspect.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Then you'll probably have to look to japanese RPGs because IMO, no western made RPG can match the KoTOR series in this aspect.

i think got attach to kotor cause it reminded me of wing commander in that aspect even though the interaction wasn't the best in wc.

Morrowind and Might & Magics are also good if you like a little more action with your RPG's.

But the Might&Magics - very old 3D graphic look. You've been warned.

Funny...I loved BG1, was totally obsessed with it for months - and then got through about half of BG2 before deciding that I didn't like that one. Despite it's better graphic look, It wasn't as charming. Not that it sucked...just didn't pull me in like BG1 or IWD. And then NWN turned me off the whole BG universe altogether.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Which Japanese games have good character interaction? I know of good stories but there is no interaction that I know of. Unless you consider X button to be the interaction. What games are you referring to? Im not trying to be facetious, but please tell me so I can play them!

OT: The latest PC games with Kotor 1 and 2 style character interaction with your party would be Torment and Baldurs Gate II. Character interaction with NPCs (like having choices during conversation where different paths sometimes lead to different events, or joining different factions) the latest would be Torment, Arcanum, the Fallout series and the Baldurs Gate series.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

i think got attach to kotor cause it reminded me of wing commander in that aspect even though the interaction wasn't the best in wc.

JRPGs have more interaction. But you dont get to control it in most cases. If you like the choice thing, then you wont like them. If you like watching the characters relationships develop over the game then you will.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Which Japanese games have good character interaction?  I know of good stories but there is no interaction that I know of.  Unless you consider X button to be the interaction.  What games are you referring to?  Im not trying to be facetious, but please tell me so I can play them!

Depends how you define it. If you define interaction as you clicking a dialogue and the character repsonding then avoid. On the other hand if you forgo the clicking then the interaction in JRPGs is a lot deeper and involved because that is how they are written.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]