Too many patch whiners

I say Obsidian has leanred from KOTOR2. Afterall, Feargus has alredy said they are gonna hire some in company QAers. That's a wise move and a must for developers.

True, and this was also the project that put currency in the bank account so that they can do their own stuff. They should never again *have* to take a project from a heavyweight publisher on such terms.

Guest MacleodCorp

My name is DarthMacLeod! I am a patcxh whinner... I have been whinning for almost three months now. I will be a recovering patch whinner with your support and help! (w00t)

Just Kidding!!!! Have some fun! (w00t)

Whining? Your mommy must have paid for your game for you. If it was your $50 you would be more upset at being robbed.

The FACT is...

The game is unfinished. Entire endings, sidequests, dialogue and plots are left out. Hours of play with no worthwhile resolution to many quests. My advice is DO NOT waste hours of your time on this rip-off. If this crap is not patched I will not be wasting my time with KTOR3.

Fool me once; shame on you. Fool me twice; shame on me.

Stick that in your X-box and smoke it.

From my experience, a new game has not been out 2 hours before the bi***ing begins... the initial complaints stem from people's crappy cpu's and their lack of understanding of them.... just buying expensive hardware doesn't mean you have a functioning system in terms of whatever 'baseline' is used for development. Then the second wave begins... people whining not enough dev time was put into it.. hell it even happened with HL2... and they put 5 years into it!!! Third wave: blame the publisher for rushing the project... sorry if you're devs sign a piece of paper saying they can do it in the time frame the publisher wants and then fail... is it the pubs fault? Naw... it ain't. This is big business... all of this is in contracts that both parties agree too. LOL. I find it hard to believe that OE was blindsided by a 12 month deadline... they more then likely bit off more then they could chew. Fourth stage.. endless fan whining which means NOTHING... the next installment is already halfway through development.

It's like buying a car, or an appliance,.. ya it's a cash outlay, but sometimes you get screwed due to circumstances beyond your control, sometimes you get a solid product. That's life!

Man, I was counting the months, days and minutes to Homeworld2... same thing happened. Dev's had a concept they sold Sierra on, and then used up half their dev time to realize they could not do it according to their contract... they had sick sick sick ideas... but just couldn't do them according budget, time, talent... etc.... then had to rush develpoment to meet the deadline agreed to...  Business isn't black and white like KOTOR. Games are not real. They are entertainment.

Just because Catwoman cost x amount of millions doesn't make it a good movie. Because a dinner in an expensive restaurant costs $500 bucks does not guarentee quality. The next night you may have the best dinner you ever had for 5 pesos in Guatemala City. Just because this OE product didn't live up to the expectations of the fans by no means that their next release will not kick a**. Get Some perspective!

I see the major problem here as the average consumer of this product is probably 16 years of age, lives at home, and has very little life experience. Mom does their laundry and Dad pays the allowance. They have probably never even cooked for themselves other then throwing a pizza pocket in the microwave. To them $50 is a lot of money and they feel let down when they don't get what they expect. Well, sorry kids... wait until you lay out $200,000 for a house and don't get what you thought. lol.

Enjoy it or not... I didn't see anywhere in the EULA you were entitled to a refund, patch or otherwise if you didn't like the game. Maybe you were suckered, maybe not... get used to the uncertainty of capitalism.

Word.

Right on all counts but, Capitalism (and most all contracts) also require you to deliver a finished product by the deadline. Throwing some crap together at the last second and calling it "finished" does not keep the rain out. I dont get the rush to publish anyway. Are these programmers getting paid by the hour or what?!? You gotta work overtime to finish the HK-Factory? Awww, I'm sorry. You should have spent less time at lunch Sparky!

And I feel you on Homeworld 2 brother, what a dissapointment!

I dont get the rush to publish anyway.  Are these programmers getting paid by the hour or what?!?  You gotta work overtime to finish the HK-Factory?  Awww, I'm sorry.  You should have spent less time at lunch Sparky!

Lucas Arts was in the rush to release before Christmas, not OE.

The FACT is...

The game is unfinished.  Entire endings, sidequests, dialogue and plots are left out.  Hours of play with no worthwhile resolution to many quests.  My advice is DO NOT waste hours of your time on this rip-off.  If this crap is not patched I will not be wasting my time with KTOR3. 

No, that's not a "fact". That's your opinion, there's a difference. The game is finished, like it or not. Your idea of what it should have been means nothing. Just deal with it and move on.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It's the same thing with any other game. The publishers want the game out the door to make some cash for them as fast a s possible, while the devs want to make a nice game to be remembered.

However:

OE signed a contract from LA or Activision and thereby stated they could make Kotor2 in that time period. OE was even given a few months more to polish the game prior to release.

And I must say they did a great job - But no matter how big a fanboy you are, you can't just ignore the flaws the game has. I truly hope OE/LA, and any other companies involved, have learned that you can't rush a game like Kotor - Ever!

The FACT is...

The game is unfinished.  Entire endings, sidequests, dialogue and plots are left out.  Hours of play with no worthwhile resolution to many quests.  My advice is DO NOT waste hours of your time on this rip-off.  If this crap is not patched I will not be wasting my time with KTOR3. 

No, that's not a "fact". That's your opinion, there's a difference. The game is finished, like it or not. Your idea of what it should have been means nothing. Just deal with it and move on.

Do you think this guys would act the same if they didn't know about the cut content :) ?

Do you think this guys would act the same if they didn't know about the cut content :thumbsup: ?

The cut content is irrelevant. These guys aren't designers at OE, so they don't decide what gets cut and what doesn't. They don't decide how the plot will be resolved. The project lead at OE decided that, and his word is law on whether K2 is complete or not. The personal tastes of patch whiners are of no consequence to that.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I believe some people think this game is unfinished only because they know OE decided not to use everything  ;)  They don't even know if the cut content was any good :)

Agreed.

I bet that there were other games released with unfinished areas that haven't gotten nearly this amount of attention. If they script out a whole level, and then realize that it's taking the plot in the wrong direction or need to change something for game's sake, then they should take it out. Games have to be focused to be enjoyable; sometimes there can be too much of a good thing. The tree will occasionally blind you to the forest, you know?

I'm not saying that Obsidian was right to cut all of it, but most of it would have been a distraction from getting TSL done on an already incredibly tight schedule. The HK quest / droid factory would have been nice, but it really didn't have all that much to do with the main quest. No other NPC had a quest that involved, except perhaps Mira - and she only has one because her path and the Exile's paths are intertwined. You could point to Bastila's holocron quest or Mission's brother, stuff like that, but those quests are tied into other stuff that you already have to do, unlike the Droid Factory.

In any case, I'm tired of hearing all the complaining too. It reminds me a lot of all the people griping about 'Project New Jersey' when no one even knows what it is or what type of game it will be. There are already people petitioning Obsidian to do this or do that! Get a grip, people!

:ph34r:

Lord Revan was most displeased with your lack of combat skill.

-Something I wish they'd put in KOTOR

Why is this thread still alive? The patch is out! Stop whining about whiners. Besides, the faults of the game speak for themselves, even if some people are too whiny about it.

As for all of you who think the game is unfinished, behold, thy salvation!

Time to leave this parrot house...

The FACT is...

213374U, come on! Open your eyes! If you decide to cut a quest or line of conversation from a game, and you accidently leave parts of the quest/conversation in the game, your task of removing the unwanted elements is..............drumroll.............UNFINISHED! And so is your game. If I mis-diagnosed a patient and decided to change the perscription, but left some of the original drug on the list, I'd be incompetent.

I'm not mad they took stuff out...I'm mad they left scraps in the game itself. I'm tired of hearing you juggle "fact" and "opinion" like two brightly coloured balls. Even the Official Prima Guide says that some quests are incomplete and CANNOT be completed! Case Closed.

Thank Goodness for the up coming cut-content patch

The game is FINISHED.

Many games leave out content that had to be cut at the very last minute. The only thing that is outrages out TSL lord, is that they decided to leave too much of it in the games data files. It doesn't matter if this wasn't OEs original view... They decided to let LA push them into a rushed release, and because of it... We have this version of KOTOR:TSL. There are no plans to add the content officialy, so the game is finished.

As for the unofficial patch. It's wonderful to see a group of people love this game so much. But, its going to be tough... The cut content isn't canon for KOTOR. I just hope the team realizes that.

213374U, come on!  Open your eyes!  If you decide to cut a quest or line of conversation from a game, and you accidently leave parts of the quest/conversation in the game, your task of removing the unwanted elements is..............drumroll.............UNFINISHED!  And so is your game.  If I mis-diagnosed a patient and decided to change the perscription, but left some of the original drug on the list, I'd be incompetent.

I'm not mad they took stuff out...I'm mad they left scraps in the game itself.  I'm tired of hearing you juggle "fact" and "opinion" like two brightly coloured balls.  Even the Official Prima Guide says that some quests are incomplete and CANNOT be completed!  Case Closed.

I found none of what you describe, except for the HK-47 dialogs that make reference to the droid factory. As for incomplete quests, they are not. You can complete them alright. If you say that just because they stay in your log they are "incomplete" you are just being anal. And well, since that guide talks about a lot of stuff that didn't actually made it into the game, I wouldn't take it as gospel.

Oh, and another thing. Game developers don't endorse reverse engineering of their work. If you did that, and found stuff that you weren't supposed to, it's not their problem, it's yours.

But you are right. The case is closed. The game is what it is, and no amount of whining is going to change that. As I said before, deal with it and move on.

If you say that just because they stay in your log they are "incomplete" you are just being anal.

I may be being anal, but they are being incomplete. Incomplete=unfinished.

But you are right. The case is closed. The game is what it is, and no amount of whining is going to change that. As I said before, deal with it and move on.

Agreed. ;) I still think it was money well spent to buy the game, and have enjoyed it.

Btw, are you personally going to download the content patch?

Hello everyone, I am new and French and I maitrise not completely L English then if I turn into to errors did not astonish you. Forums French irritate a little because its speak only about their life and not of play in question, I espere that y of other French, lol :"> :rolleyes:

For the play kotor 3, it is only obsidian which works there or bioware the assistances?

Hello everyone, I am new and French and I maitrise not completely L English then if I turn into to errors did not astonish you. Forums French irritate a little because its speak only about their life and not of play in question, I espere that y of other French, lol  :">  :rolleyes:

For the play kotor 3, it is only obsidian which works there or bioware the assistances?

Bonjuer.

Don't worry about your english, most of the americans here can't speak it either...

When you say the "play" Kotor 3, a assume you mean the "game", although a stage production might be worth seeing. :p

KotOR 3 is only a rumor, and no one knows who will make it. Bioware is too busy I think. Maybe Obsidian will. It is too early to know.

Bonjuer.

Don't worry about your english, most of the americans here can't speak it either...

When you say the "play" Kotor 3, a assume you mean the "game", although a stage production might be worth seeing.  :p

KotOR 3 is only a rumor, and no one knows who will make it.  Bioware is too busy I think.  Maybe Obsidian will.  It is too early to know.

lol... thank you for your reception , it is true that it is a little early to speak about kotor 3, but its would be well if obsidian and bioware would work on this project but it is true that bioware is rather occupied... :rolleyes: