Too many patch whiners

I believe some people think this game is unfinished only because they know OE decided not to use everything  :thumbsup:  They don't even know if the cut content was any good ;)

I'm not saying that Obsidian was right to cut all of it, but most of it would have been a distraction from getting TSL done on an already incredibly tight schedule. The HK quest / droid factory would have been nice, but it really didn't have all that much to do with the main quest. No other NPC had a quest that involved, except perhaps Mira - and she only has one because her path and the Exile's paths are intertwined. You could point to Bastila's holocron quest or Mission's brother, stuff like that, but those quests are tied into other stuff that you already have to do, unlike the Droid Factory.

:ph34r:

It was editing the game that failed miserably. The Droid Planet/Factory was tied in with another quest, if you didn't find the recorder on Peragus you couldn't leave. The recorder is what cues HK into the factory dialog. So between poor editing and leaving content in the files, they screwed up, along with the many bugs that should have been caught before release on either platform.

The Droid Planet/Factory was tied in with another quest, if you didn't find the recorder on Peragus you couldn't leave.

Well, you kind of need the recorder to disable the voice-lock. What they should have taken out was the trigger for the dialog where HK tells you about the recorder on the Ebon Hawk.

^ To 213374U:

REDEMPTION maybe heard of it?

:thumbsup:

Btw, are you personally going to download the content patch?

Yes, I will probably download and try it, if I still have an interest in the game and time to play when the patch comes out. You see, I didn't like the ending at all, but that's just my opinion. And, being coherent with what I said before, my personal opinion is of no consequence. ;)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

As for incomplete quests, they are not. You can complete them alright. If you say that just because they stay in your log they are "incomplete" you are just being anal. And well, since that guide talks about a lot of stuff that didn't actually made it into the game, I wouldn't take it as gospel.

^ To 213374U:

REDEMPTION maybe heard of it?

:thumbsup:

You know, the Dantooine quest Redemption, ever found a way to finish it?

No, because there is no way, making the "You can complete them alright" line and the "As for incomplete quests, they are not." line incorrect on atleast 1 quest already.

An other way to get it is to show you're lightsaber on the dock to that mechanic and make him run away...

It will say something like "It will be harder now for you on Dantooine because people dislike Jedi. You might want to fix that"

Ofcourse, you can't... (Why should ya?)

Talk to her after the battle. Finished.

Not for me...

You can fix it with

Force Persuade

Even had Dominate Mind, yet nothing...

An other way to get it is to show you're lightsaber on the dock to that mechanic and make him run away...

It will say something like "It will be harder now for you on Dantooine because people dislike Jedi. You might want to fix that"

Not for me...

You can fix it with

Force Persuade

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Not for me...

You can fix it with

Force Persuade

Never got that option and I always talk to her after the battle. Also, exept for the guards and the dude that was scrapind the droids for parts, everyone still pretty much hated my guts.

If you solve Dantooine in a LS fashion, everyone will trust Jedi again. That receptionist or whatever that is so rude seems much nicer, and some of the guards say that they would like to be Jedi, too. In short, you have dealt with the trust issues the settlers have with Jedi. That's a solved quest for me, even if it stays in your journal.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

If you solve Dantooine in a LS fashion, everyone will trust Jedi again. That receptionist or whatever that is so rude seems much nicer, and some of the guards say that they would like to be Jedi, too. In short, you have dealt with the trust issues the settlers have with Jedi. That's a solved quest for me, even if it stays in your journal.

Never really got to play DS on Dantooine, since my only DS game was early terminated by the lack of quicksaves. (When I installed the patch the autosave was gone). <_<

But if you were able to get it... BTW, did you get the proff againt Zherron? Maybe this have something to do with it, since I always did it and the he proved he was right all along (Still don

All Adana (the leader) says is "You're always welcome here Jedi" (in a pop-up), nothing more...

And that is only a quest that can't be ended because there is no end to it...

A lot more can't be ended due to scripting/bugs... (Fuel For Telos, Escaped Criminals, The Quest to unite the 2 lovers on Nar Shaddaa if you kill the man and send her up, Galactic History:Bonus quest if you don't talk at a specific time to Kreia and more)

Sack Zherron topic...

Guest MacleodCorp
My name is DarthMacLeod! I am a patch whinner... I have been whinning for almost three months now. I will be a recovering patch whinner with your support and help! (w00t)

Just Kidding!!!! Have some fun!  (w00t)

Welcome to PWA (Patch Whinners Anonimous). Live one day at a time. ;)

Thank you! :)

First off, I would like to thank you all for your support. My road to recovery will no doubt be difficult. 'Patch Whinning' has been a problematic condition, which comes from Obsidian's interpretation of temporal mechanics. Phrases such as 'Soon' and 'A Day or Two', have been really dificult to deal with. :rolleyes:

My first traumatic event with patches occured in Fabruary 2005, and has been an on going and overwhelming delemma. On April 15, 2005, I downloaded the KOTOR II 1.0b patch, and it's remedies were so small that my 'Patch Whinning' has become obsessive.

I know with your help and support my 'Patch Whinning' will subside! :)

And that is only a quest that can't be ended because there is no end to it...

I already described how to deal with this quest.

Fuel For Telos

You complete that quest by having Vogga the Hutt agree to sell fuel to Telos. The quest is finished, even if it stays in your journal.

Escaped Criminals

That is a bug, or so I've heard because I have never had a problem with that quest in 4 playthroughs. At any rate, it has nothing to do with cut content.

The Quest to unite the 2 lovers on Nar Shaddaa if you kill the man and send her up

How do you expect to finish a quest that you f*cked up yourself? But anyway, the quest is finished, even if it stays in your journal.

Galactic History:Bonus quest if you don't talk at a specific time to Kreia and more)

I'm not sure that one stays in your journal after Peragus, but still. You can finish it.

I found out the way to complete the "escaped criminal" quest is to complete the Ithorian/Czerka quest before even recieving it from the Lt.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Fuel For Telos

You complete that quest by having Vogga the Hutt agree to sell fuel to Telos. The quest is finished, even if it stays in your journal.

The bad thing of this one is that is IS placed in the Completed Quest...

Way before you finished it...

I'm not sure that one stays in your journal after Peragus, but still. You can finish it.

See pic (not anymore...)

Escaped Criminal Quest!? - Where the hell have I been!? I knew about the black market quest... Is the Escape Criminal Quest the one where you are looking for the origin of the Assassin's Weapon?

No

Guest MacleodCorp

Escaped Criminal Quest!? - Where the hell have I been!? I knew about the black market quest... Is the Escape Criminal Quest the one where you are looking for the origin of the Assassin's Weapon?

Will everybody just stop whining about this patch?

I've seen many many posts that are complaining about when the patch will be released.  I'm sick of all you complainers.

To all the whiners out there, suck it up and play the game.  Who cares if their are a few problems with the game?

Be happy at least that Obsidian is working on it and that they made the game in the first place.

If Obsidian haven't made KOTOR 2, then BioWare would when they were finished with Jade Empire, and it would be 20x better.

Will everybody just stop whining about this patch?

I've seen many many posts that are complaining about when the patch will be released.  I'm sick of all you complainers.

To all the whiners out there, suck it up and play the game.  Who cares if their are a few problems with the game?

Be happy at least that Obsidian is working on it and that they made the game in the first place.

If Obsidian haven't made KOTOR 2, then BioWare would when they were finished with Jade Empire, and it would be 20x better.

No->Kotor1-mediocre :(

kotor2-great :ermm:

Do you think this guys would act the same if they didn't know about the cut content :ermm: ?

The cut content is irrelevant. These guys aren't designers at OE, so they don't decide what gets cut and what doesn't. They don't decide how the plot will be resolved. The project lead at OE decided that, and his word is law on whether K2 is complete or not. The personal tastes of patch whiners are of no consequence to that.

You Fanboys can shine this turd all you like but...

The the whole damn KOTOR seires is nothing but a interactive book. I haven't read so much playing a video game since Zork1. After all, It's not like the game requires much lightsaber skill, young Skywalker. Even the puzzles and character builds are simple. The only reason to play the game is feel, and story interaction.

It's no opinion that OE, LA, or who the FK ever, left big holes in the RELEASED game. I did not have to play the hidden files to know that the plot had disentegrated. Hence, here I am, bitching and moaning.

Fanboys, just for the record, I will NEVER move on!! I will start a campaign to boycot LA, no..... ANYTHING Star Wars!! I will march. I will sign petitions. I will call my friggin' Congresman! And if you dont like it, you can SPACE YOURSELF!!

Just because you call a fact an opinion doesn't make it less of a fact. Major portions of the story (only the entire point of playing the game) were left unfinished. Unfinished = Waste of $$$

Here is another fact for ya to smoke on.....

Marks will always defend the con rather than admit being rooked. <_<

Fanboys, just for the record, I will NEVER move on!! I will start a campaign to boycot LA, no..... ANYTHING Star Wars!! I will march. I will sign petitions. I will call my friggin' Congresman! And if you dont like it, you can SPACE YOURSELF!!

Great for you now STFU :ermm: