Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell or SWAT?

Lucas

Heya,

Well, I don't know much about any of the above mentioned games, but I would like to give them a try.

First of all, are they all so called "Tactical Shooters"? Could any of you give me some details about each of them, the main differences and stuff like that? I recently tried the SWAT 4 demo and find it very intriguing even if quite difficult, especially because I never really got into the genre. Thanks! o:)

"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" - Wing Commander IV

Splinter Cell is like a sneak around game. You dont have a squad in that one.

There are so many Rainbow Six games now you would have to be more specific.

Everyones current favourite tactical shooter seems to be Hill 30.

SWAT 4 and Splinter Cell are the only ones I have played. Although I have played the SOCOM games (worth renting, but not really my thing).

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Rainbow six 3 with the Athena Sword Add on is pretty sweet. It's an FPS but it is squad based and "tactical". There are no med kit's or medics or buff ups of anykind. for the most part you take one bullet and your down for the count. Somtimes you can take 1 round and end up limping around but it's probably more realistic then most games.

Also the weapon selection is real nice. The weapons react as close to the real thigs as they can. The big factor about weapons in this game is the the reticle moves quit alot when your running or if you lay into the trigger. The more rounds you pump out the less accurate your shots will be.

There is some pretty sweet secondary gear to chose from too. Not just frags, but flash bangs, smoke, tear gas, gas mask, claymores, C4, Demo charges, all kinds of stuff. Theres also about a million weapons and map mods available all over the the place for these games.

I started on Rainbow six the origianl and have played every version and expansion since. It's probably one of my all time favorite "tactical" FPS games. It's one of the few games that make you jump when you get hit. Good stuff. :cool:

I'd agree.

I played SWAT4 SP demo only because of Irrational. I found it less repetitive and more tactical than some of RTS style CRPG, which was not surprising since I heard that FPS is getting more intelligent.

So, I tried Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, too. I thought I was not good at shooters but my experience with Thief series worked well

Splinter Cell looks awesome, atleast from the television commercials.

Splinter Cell IS awesome, at least if my experience with the last two titles serves to be the case with the newest installment (no question it will be really), I'll be buying the newest installment as soon as I can get down to the EBGames at the mall. :)

My favorite line is still the one from Jerusalem: "So this is where all that peace and love came from." :)

R6 is very straightforward and uncomplicated. It has a great gun-feeling(you can actually hear the mehcanism work, not just the "bam!")

but the AI is horrible and there is no action.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "