Kotor-II ending is a anti-climax

hello , i only just tonight finished Koto II playing out the light side with a guy character

& i felt compelled to do a web search & read what others have felt about this . . . . . . seems i am not alone

thought i should type this out here at the makers forum

you get hardly any story wrapping it all up , just a short discussion telling you , no meeting with revan , no super hard battle to the death , no going thru finalisation with the other characters

just kreia giving you a low-down thru some un-explained power she has always had (& why go to the bother she did when she was able to see in-detail what the future held for different beings)

& you didnt get to meet Revan , this was dissapointing . . . . . . you are constantly trying to peice together the events from the end of Kotor 1 to now (just 5 years & the Sith have come back in force with hundreds of highly trained devotees , wtf ?)

DONT GET ME WRONG . . . . . . the story line all the way thru is much more in-depth than Kotor & must have been a nightmare to get bug free for both light & dark , & although i would have liked another world at least to fill out your Pre-Showdown experience buildup , it was a highly polished story that gave you bit by bti buildup in a nicely complex way

well , yes & no to that last statement but compared to Kotor II it was more involved with light or dark progression ability

but that final scene after destroying the silly floating lightsabers , that was a A-n-t-i-c-l-i-m-a-x . im sorry but it was

btw , i played both light & dark in Kotor1 as a guy (Revan)

now in Kotor 2 , isnt it kinda weird that they stuck Revan as being a she ? couldnt the game save have been read in some way off my Xbox H/D to enable "she" or "he" ?

it was slightly off-putting to say the least whenever revan came up

especially as carth seems to have had a thing for me ! ! ! !

btw , i played both light & dark  in Kotor1 as a guy (Revan)

now in Kotor 2 , isnt it kinda weird that they stuck Revan as being a she ? couldnt the game save have been read in some way off my Xbox H/D to enable "she" or "he" ?

it was  slightly off-putting to say the least whenever revan came up

especially as carth  seems to have had a thing for me  ! ! ! !

Back when you first meet him at Peragus, Atton talks about Revan. If you tell him that Revan was a man, then Revan is referred to as a man for the rest of the game.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

i was just told this same thing 5 minutes ago , but i recall being confused when this came up & i told atton that Revan was guy right there in that conversation

but meh , Revan was a she for the rest of the game

(which i must say , was a very worthy successor to Kotor1)

i was just told this same thing 5 minutes ago , but i recall being confused when this came up & i told atton that Revan was guy right there in that conversation

but meh , Revan was a she for the rest of the game

Don't worry - my PC was definitely female but in certain cutscenes Kreia referred to the exile (me) as "he".

Could be it was a bit buggy, that's all - or you clicked on the wrong button without realising it.

Spoiler Warning!!:

Well I certainly agree about the ending being an anti-climax. I have beaten the game on both the LS and DS and both endings I just sat there staring at the credits thinking, "uhhh what the heck just happened?" At least on the LS you get to question Kreia about the future and get some closure on what you accomplished. But the DS (at least my playthrough) left me completly hanging as to my compainions, the galaxy...and even myself...dont even know if i survived.

Ive got only one question, what happens to Bao-Dur, Visas and Handmaiden? If I remember good Kreia doesnt say anything about BAo(Im not sure abot Visas and Brianna), is he dead at the end?

you get the low down on all of hem i have a save where 2 floating lightsabers are down & i just have to waste the third

run thru al here text a few times , you get it all ,

but meh , what a way to end

I completed the game a short time ago and experienced what I believe to be one the greatest anti-climaxes in PC-game history - yup, it's right up there with Half-Life 1+2 and Black Dhalia... :huh:

The storyline in generel is better than KOTOR, since KOTOR II seems more complex and choise-based, but it's sad the ending overshadows it... I mean, so what if there are thee or four ending movies when they are just followed by titles...

The whole "whats gonna happen in the future"-thing is okay, but since the emperor in SW couldn't forsee the "right" future, why should this woman...

Its also sad you don't get to know, what really happened to Raven and Bastila... you only get hints and holograms.... but I gues we'll know in KOTOR III :thumbsup:

Anyway...

My thoughts

(NB: Loved the storyline and ending in Tie Fighter :D )

I completed the game a short time ago and experienced what I believe to be one the greatest anti-climaxes in PC-game history - yup, it's right up there with Half-Life 1+2 and Black Dhalia...  :(

The storyline in generel is better than KOTOR, since KOTOR II seems more complex and choise-based, but it's sad the ending overshadows it... I mean, so what if there are thee or four ending movies when they are just followed by titles...

The whole "whats gonna happen in the future"-thing is okay, but since the emperor in SW couldn't forsee the "right" future, why should this woman...

Its also sad you don't get to know, what really happened to Raven and Bastila... you only get hints and holograms.... but I gues we'll know in KOTOR III  :ermm:

Anyway...

My thoughts

(NB: Loved the storyline and ending in Tie Fighter  :D )

Its a real pity they didn't do a decent ending like they should have.

and yep, the Tie Fighter was great, too bad Lucasarts never did another Tie fighter, just the terrible XWA.

Because she wasn't evil anymore. When she was "separated" from the Force,

she turned to the Light Side and reaches the status of Neutrality.

With her power to see in other minds, and with high-enough wisdom,

she can forsee the "right path" to all of them to witch she has "access".

And, by the way, the storyline is realy good, and that there is no more ends

then this one, is because you shuld find yourself in the world and choose the "right path", either by choosing the light or dark.

The end isnt anti-climax! Cos there is no END!

After dantooine enclave, everything makes no sense anymore - can make no sense before it too, if u play the "wrong "way. Yes,.. there is a way to play this game, there was options in some dialogs that you should NEVER choose if u want something in future makes sense (just guessing then why these options are there) bad development I think.

I see alot of people blaming Lucas Arts for this frustating game, but I think Obisidan is who to blame, they are not good making games, at least RPGs. I played all Star wars games, and Republic Command, which is a FPS game, gave me more Role Playing experience than Kotor 2 (the s.h.i.t lords) ... I think i can get my money back from Kotor 2, cos its an unfinished product.

A good friend of mine and I got this game on the same day. He played through as LS Male, I played through as LS Female. And for the past two weeks, we've been talking about nothing but how incredibly well the game was written and structured, how all the dominos were in place for an ending of cataclysmic beauty and satisfaction....

And then you get to Dantooine to visit the Masters....

And! Nothing!! Happens!

A solo run-and-gun (if I want that, I'll play, dunno, San Andreas) and a lame battle with Kreia.

Bizarrely, my favorite part of the endgame was the duel with Sion, but that might be because I played female....shouldn't have been that way. There's a sense that the game is incomplete, and not in a good sequel-y way; more a rushed-out-the-door-too-soon way.

after reading more here at this website & others , it seems it was rushed to released BIG TIME

as for Dantooeine , if your trying to be a Jedi , maintain balance within the force & resist dark temptaions at every corner , why on earth did the 3 Jedi Masters hve to get wasted

that there was really lacking in development , & then Scion who lived his whole life trying to conquer Pain & grow in power so much that he couldnt die , agrees to let you go after 8 lines of discussion ?!?!?

& Darth Nihilus , who can wipe entire planets clean of living things to feed , cant do one proper choke hold on me without collaspsing exhausted

& then there was THAT ending

Yeah, yeah, and then there was the part when you LET IT GO and MOVE ON because we've heard all this **** before. Yeah the ending wasn't what it could have been, and yeah the story was amazing until dantoine, but you know what, all you fanboys would have been depressed and most likely fantasizing about Natalie Portman and bastilla if someone didn't carry the torch and Make another KOTOR game cuz lets face it, You all wanted a sequel. And you got it. Obsidian Ent. makes videogames, not BIBLES....they aren't supposed to be ur religion and source for being....because that would be the only case when so many ppl would be pissed off for little **** like this. They did a fine job with their limited time, working with new co-workers and etc. and development teams....if you guys think you could have done better, you should start a videogame company and make KOTOR 3....if not....then LET IT GO...just like I DID

Yeah, yeah, and then there was the part when you LET IT GO and MOVE ON because we've heard all this **** before.  Yeah the ending wasn't what it could have been, and yeah the story was amazing until dantoine, but you know what, all you fanboys would have been depressed and most likely fantasizing about Natalie Portman and bastilla if someone didn't carry the torch and Make another KOTOR game cuz lets face it, You all wanted a sequel.  And you got it.  Obsidian Ent. makes videogames, not BIBLES....they aren't supposed to be ur religion and source for being....because that would be the only case when so many ppl would be pissed off for little **** like this.  They did a fine job with their limited time, working with new co-workers and etc. and development teams....if you guys think you could have done better, you should start a videogame company and make KOTOR 3....if not....then LET IT GO...just like I DID

well lord spasm , this is a game discussion forum

you might have liked how the ending was really poorly done

not everyone else thinks so , they didnt do a "fine" job at all

if you bother to look around , youll see generall dissapointment , for good reason ,

just because a sequal was made is reason to drop on your knees & be gratefull ?

I have looked around, and I was one of the dissapointed ppl at first when the game first came out, and then I realised that it's not that big of a deal or that bad of an ending-as long as there is a K3 to make sense of it-which sounds like it's their plan. But even if there wasn't a K3 I don't care, I had fun with this game and I am moving on.

NEXT!

I have looked around, and I was one of the dissapointed ppl at first when the game first came out, and then I realised that it's not that big of a deal or that bad of an ending-as long as there is a K3 to make sense of it-which sounds like it's their plan.  But even if there wasn't a K3 I don't care, I had fun with this game and I am moving on.

ok wtf , its a unfinished game , its builds up to a lame discussion right at the end

'not that big a deal" . . . . . yea sure if your happy with sub-par

with sales as good as they are you can bank on their being a Kotor-III , but that fact isnt any excuse to make a balls-up of Kotor-II

it comes down to not putting enough effort (or being allowed tooit seems) into finishing what you have started (a common human trait )

The whole game isn't Star Wars. Star Wars isn't morally ambiguous. It's about light and dark, good and evil. There is no grey area. For me, that's part of it's appeal. Obsidian took way too many liberties with the game. This is Star Wars not some Planetscape trash!