KOTOR comic

Hi Dark Horse will release comic related to original KOTOR that will fill the gap about mentioned great hunt and three Jedi's quest to exterminate terentateks.

Comic is called "Star Wars Tales #23" and will be released April 6th this year.

Official info says:

The "new" Star Wars Tales continues! Thousands of years before the fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker, there were other Jedi who grappled with the same human emotions that overwhelmed the man who became Darth Vader. During the time of the Old Republic, three young Jedi in particular-one bearing the surname Qel Droma-traveled the Sith Homeworld of Korriban intending to finish their Order's "Great Hunt." What they find lurking in their own hearts proves more dangerous than any prey they're after, in this prequel to the popular Knights of the Old Republic video game. Also in this issue: the tragic third chapter in the story of lone Jedi Darca Nyl. Sophisticated yet easily accessible-it's Star Wars comics at their best!

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

More substandard crap from darkhorse. YAY

It was "substandard crap from darkhorse" that made KOTOR possible. Hear of the "Tales of the Jedi" series? EU stories I could actually enjoy! Not to mention it gave me my favorite Star Wars character of all time - Nomi Sunrider.

Be blesssed and well met! Nomi is my favourite too (with Bastila)! :(

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

TotJ is possibly the worst of Dark Horse's entire line of SW comics. "Redemption" was the only one of acceptable quality, the rest was just arse.

The Republic series is where its at- well-written, mature, characters you actually give a damn about, plus the penciling and coloring is absolute top notch.

But if DH does KoTOR with the new team and keep hacks like Anderson out of it, maybe it'll be good.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Actually viewing TOTJ as arse or brilliant is only a matter of taste and taste is relational.

Comparing Republic series that appeared after 2000 to early 1990s series when comic art wasn't so developed (Duursema's sketches from tha time are same quality that TOTJ) is what makes you stupid. In 1990s TOTJ was DH's best and most mature series and today DH went further in comic evolution.

And I'm afraid that series still has more fans that opponents. From your

words I can only conclude that you don't know DH comics well (like dark empire, xwing series etc this is real arse) but I understand that you're just trying to

piss me off (which is useless BTW :(" ) luck be with you...

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Well, of course its a matter of taste.. but there's good taste and bad taste.

My main issues with TotJ are not regarding the quality of drawings/coloring(even though for instance Dark Empire is much better in that regard even though its from 1991). Saying that comics were not developed in the early 1990 just isnt true. A DH example would be Aliens from 1989 by Mark Verheiden, outstanding both storywise and visually.

The only one Ive come across who thinks anything of TotJ is you, Nurbs... and that guy above here.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I haven't read the entire TOTJ series. But the two TPB I own were okay. The ideas themselves were alright, but I just found something missing that tied me, the reader to the characters in the stories. A little too much 'find ancient sith relics , attempt to take over the galaxy' and not enough 'why do we give a sh*t about these people'

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I don't like Sith War with rest I don't have a problem. Exar's downfall in Dark Lords was excellent but in Sith War Exar sucks.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

I don't like Sith War with rest I don't have a problem. Exar's downfall in Dark Lords was excellent but in Sith War Exar sucks.

The "excellent" downfall went something like this:

Exar: I'm a noble Jedi, although I kill people sometimes.

Freedon Nadd's ghost: Hey kid, you want some powers?

Exar: Yea!

Freedon: Follow me...

Later...

Exar: I'm a Sith Lord!

Yeah, excellent. >_<

Goosh maybe we will discuss upcoming KOTOR comic eh? This is what this topic is about.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

This is the story about the three hunters who go on the hunt for the tetranek. This is the quest from KOTOR that begins on Dantooine at the jedi academy. I guess its set before the events of the first game but who knows how far or who's in it aside from the three main characters

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

You're right. I just loaded the first game on my Xbox and there is no quest for the synopsis of the great hunt. But I found the qel droma robes in my inventory and the description was along the lines of something that the robes were Durons after being handed down from the dead Cay Qel Droma. So I guess this story takes place after the TOTJ series but before KOTOR

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

It's kind of like the prequels in that you know the outcome. I guess if they really wanted to sell a pile of comics DH would write a Revan story to appease all of his/her marks out there. I don't see why somebody doesn't write an original story based on the Kotor era as opposed to grifting something from the video games. I'd rather buy a miniseries about what went on before or up to the Mandolorian wars than some comics about an unrelated side story with all the answers filled in by datapads in the first game.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

The "excellent" downfall went something like this:

Exar: I'm a noble Jedi, although I kill people sometimes.

Freedon Nadd's ghost: Hey kid, you want some powers?

Exar: Yea!

Freedon: Follow me...

Later...

Exar: I'm a Sith Lord!

Yeah, excellent. :(

The worst thing is that it went exactly like this:

Freedon: Just walk into this dark and dangerous cave.

Exar: Oh alrightie then! *gets trapped in cave-in* Ouch, Im trapped in a sudden cave in!

Freedon: Now youll have to embrace the darkside to get out.

Exar: But I dont really want to...

Freedon: Oh, come on. Just say "yes"! I havent got all day, you know.

Exar: I just have to say "yes" to embrace the darkside?

Freedon: Mhhm.

Exar: ok... YES *turns instantly to the dark side* Oh, this is neat!

I dont know about you, but I have the distinct impression that its a bit of a process falling to the dark side and not just something can be turned on at the flick of a switch?