KOTOR comic

I don't like Sith War with rest I don't have a problem. Exar's downfall in Dark Lords was excellent but in Sith War Exar sucks.

The "excellent" downfall went something like this:

Exar: I'm a noble Jedi, although I kill people sometimes.

Freedon Nadd's ghost: Hey kid, you want some powers?

Exar: Yea!

Freedon: Follow me...

Later...

Exar: I'm a Sith Lord!

Yeah, excellent. :shifty:

The worst thing is that it went exactly like this:

Freedon: Just walk into this dark and dangerous cave.

Exar: Oh alrightie then! *gets trapped in cave-in* Ouch, Im trapped in a sudden cave in!

Freedon: Now youll have to embrace the darkside to get out.

Exar: But I dont really want to...

Freedon: Oh, come on. Just say "yes"! I havent got all day, you know.

Exar: I just have to say "yes" to embrace the darkside?

Freedon: Mhhm.

Exar: ok... YES *turns instantly to the dark side* Oh, this is neat!

I dont know about you, but I have the distinct impression that its a bit of a process falling to the dark side and not just something can be turned on at the flick of a switch?

Someone's really trying to flame seriously.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Be blesssed and well met! Nomi is my favourite too (with Bastila)! :shifty:

Woot! Man, at least there's someone else on this planet who likes her! And I like Bastila too but she's second to Nomi. What ticks me off is that when I read any material on the "Tales of the Jedi" setting Nomi always gets shafted. Oh, yeah, there's tons on Exar Kun, Ulic and Kay but usually next to nothing about Nomi. It's like she was some kind of background character. Nevermind the fact that she wielded the two most powerful light side powers ever seen - battle meditation and sever force! But hey, who cares about that when you have angsty Ulic around... "Ohh, I killed my brother and cheesed off some Kilrathi-looking lady... my life suxorz! I'm gonna go to this Hoth-like place and pout. Boo hoo." Man, I hate that guy.

Someone's really trying to flame seriously.

No, Im just slagging off TotJ as usual. We did this for about 4 pages and its hard to stop.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well apparently you are too dumb to notice that this topic is about something else

dear scandinavian troll.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

"part-time troll" if I may. Sometimes I am quite reasonable.

..besides, this thread was derailed long ago.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It was "substandard crap from darkhorse" that made KOTOR possible. Hear of the "Tales of the Jedi" series? EU stories I could actually enjoy! Not to mention it gave me my favorite Star Wars character of all time - Nomi Sunrider.

Not everything Dark Horse has done with SW has been worthwhile reading, not all of it has been bad either. I do admit that I can't pick up most of the things they release because the Dark Horse Expanded Universe is so looney.

I don't see why somebody doesn't write an original story based on the Kotor era as opposed to grifting something from the video games. I'd rather buy a miniseries about what went on before or up to the Mandolorian wars than some comics about an unrelated side story with all the answers filled in by datapads in the first game.

This idea appeals to me as well. The problem is that Dark Horse hasn't done anything original with the franchise since the KOTOR series was launched. They have mostly been producing filler stories, and these stories have been clashing very badly with the canon films. Some of these stories have plot holes are so huge that you could navigate Death Stars through them.

It would be nice to get some original KOTOR stories, but I'm not going to hold my breath.