the e3 again

dewaybe2678

I really wouldn't mind if a KotOR 3 used the same engine, though it seems unlikely that it would. Actually, I might *prefer* that it used this engine. The graphics in this engine are clearly good enough for me to be fully immersed in the world. All it needs is more content: more faces, more characters, more quests, and using the same engine frees up more time for that. But it certainly seems unlikely. A lot of gamers want a glitzy new engine, I'm sure. Blah.

Breaking news. Obsidian is working on a third project that is not a sequel or a Bioware liscence.

What's the second project? NWN2 is the only project that they're working on atm.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Oh, sounds like they're doing an own IP then. No KotOR III until 2007/2008 then <_<

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

They could have been working on the third instalment for a longer time than anyone expects. Once Obsidian nailed the story for the current one down, theoreticaly, they could have started production on the next one; as far as story goes.

Also a new game engine doesn't mean they have to create one from scratch. They could use a pre-existing one that is better than the current. Or they could have deligated the deed to a third party developer who has already created a game engine for them in the back ground.

I think there is going to be a KOTOR 3 because from what I have heard and understand LA has found new glory in Mercenaries, KOTOR 2, and Commando. If I am reading all the signs right they should be able to back it.

As for wether the 3rd is released on the Xbox or Nextbox I have a feeling that Microsoft is pushing for a next gen release so they have a strong line up that appeals to consumers and yells, "buy me". There maybe more evidence of this in the fact that it looks like Microsoft is gunning for Sony. Rummers have been floating around that Mr. Gates wants to release the next Halo on the PS3 release date. KOTOR is to RPGs on Xbox as Halo is to first person shooters on Xbox so they might try something similar.

As for wether the 3rd is released on the Xbox or Nextbox I have a feeling that Microsoft is pushing for a next gen release so they have a strong line up that appeals to consumers and yells, "buy me". There maybe more evidence of this in the fact that it looks like Microsoft is gunning for Sony. Rummers have been floating around that Mr. Gates wants to release the next Halo on the PS3 release date. KOTOR is to RPGs on Xbox as Halo is to first person shooters on Xbox so they might try something similar.

Something similar? Isn't the Xbox 360 supposed to release with Halo 2.5: the Halo 2 "Director's Cut" version, as it were?

Heh, wouldn't that be something: KotOR 2.5: the Director's Cut version for Xbox 360.

I have an idea....

KOTOR 3 can be released for PC and when Xbox 2 is available then the game can be released for Xbox 2 also.

It would make a change and the Xboxers would have to wait for it ;)

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Personnally I don't care about what graphical engine is using, but it is just a fact that some (idiotic) people only buy games with good graphics or if they gameplay is good they don't want to loose their high-end 3D shooter graphics they are used to.

Thus making a game with a better engine gives higher sales with the (idiotic) folks who only buy with good graphics (enough of them walking around), than selling it only to the other (smart) folks who buy for good gameplay and originality...

Example: Doom 3, if it wasn't for the graphics nobody bought it, as the level-build is awfull and the gameplay not different from Doom I.

The E3 Booth is probably going to be for STAR WARS EPISODE 3: THE GAME, as I didn't see it on your post and is probably going to be shown at E3 (unless you really mean an other game above this one too, just tell...)

Personnally I don't care about what graphical engine is using, but it is just a fact that some (idiotic) people only buy games with good graphics or if they gameplay is good they don't want to loose their high-end 3D shooter graphics they are used to.

Thus making a game with a better engine gives higher sales with the (idiotic) folks who only buy with good graphics (enough of them walking around), than selling it only to the other (smart) folks who buy for good gameplay and originality...

Example: Doom 3, if it wasn't for the graphics nobody bought it, as the level-build is awfull and the gameplay not different from Doom I.

The E3 Booth is probably going to be for STAR WARS EPISODE 3: THE GAME, as I didn't see it on your post and is probably going to be shown at E3 (unless you really mean an other game above this one too, just tell...)

That one should be out prior to E3.

It really dosnt matter whos wallet you are tapping ;)

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Better both wallets than only one of the two...

Dosnt work that way though. What will make wallet A drool will totally alienate wallet B. And vice versa. You could go the middle ground and try to include enough to please both but thats still got the same sort of risks and you still alienate the extremes of either population.

Practical business sense says please those who are easier to please.

The date I have for EPIII is 05/05/ chances are the US version will be even eariler than that. Unless it's slipped of course.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Dosnt work that way though. What will make wallet A drool will totally alienate wallet B. And vice versa. You could go the middle ground and try to include enough to please both but thats still got the same sort of risks and you still alienate the extremes of either population.

Practical business sense says please those who are easier to please.

The date I have for EPIII is 05/05/ chances are the US version will be even eariler than that. Unless it's slipped of course.

OK, Episode 3 game was in the first topic post (missed it as it was saying rots).

The point of producing a game is to sell it as many times as possible, and if it has gameplay most of us buy it, but only with major high-end graphics some of those Graphic Requesting Gamers will buy it, and you want to sell it to them too, ofcourse.

If you just take one side (gameplay) and add good graphics you also meet the other group, if you take graphics as main and try to get to the gameplay people it is a lot harder though...

To see what the people here think (graphics or/and gameplay) I made this poll:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?ac...f=8&t=32038&st= (seeing that there are already two votes for need both you can see they have to include it to reach the major amount of people..., some people just don't want 3 games looking the same, while some don't mind (like me and many other on this forum) the majority does...)