I have a problem with the new Star Wars movie

heh, hey man I'll commend you on the try. B for effort.

That is why I'm the Sith Lord, Master manipulater, haha

but in all actuallity (sp?), I am really like that haha

in real life NONE of my friends know that I like star wars at all, and I love star wars, as u can tell....I'm just an awesome musician to them and they dont' know the wiser of it....

Livin like Sidious u could say

but I hate cartoons, I hate comic books, I like the seriousness and jedi vs sith holy war type **** that star wars bring to the table, that's why I root for Episode 3 before it comes out cuz it looks serious, dark, and evil, unlike 1 and 2, but more like episode 5

so u were wrong about that and ur bait failed, but there was some truth in ur attempt...

If you've read any E.U. (Dark Rendezvouz for example), you'll know that Yoda is THE Grand Master of the Order (i.e Everyone's master from all the younglings to even even all the council members), and Senior most member on the Council (with Mace as number 2).

At 800 years he's basically overseen EVERY Jedi that has risen from Youngling-->Apprentice-->Padawan-->Knight-->Master-->Council Member

So basically, he is Obi Wan's Master. ;)

manthing2.jpg

It just ruins it for anyone coming into the Star Wars universe who hasn't seen the original trilogy.

yeah i'm sure those 2 folks will be quite upset. hah : :wub:"

seriously though, you do have a point...though more people have seen it than have not (newbs included), so the spoilage will be minimal.

To me, I look at prequels has providing a backstory...an overly obvious point i know....think someone may have mentioned that on here as well...

imo i rate the prequels almost on par with that of the OT, well firstly people say the acting in the prequels are generally crap I might be inclined to agree were it not for the fact that when you look at Episode 4, the acting wasn't exactly all that great either.

Plus I never had a problem with the midichlorians, weirdly enough i thought it was like cancer. I mean everyone in the world has cancer it just depends on the conditions necessary to act as a catalyst to get cancer going and spreading. So the Jedi and Sith kinda found a way to tap this 'cancer' and control it.

Also I never had a problem with the Anakin being whiny in Episode 1 and 2 as I believe it shows how most kids and teenagers act nowadays. There always whining bout something. But with Episode 3 there shouldn't be any whining now as Anakin should have matured by now, hopefully.

I do agree on 1 thing though, how the hell did Lucas come up with as crap a creature as Jar-Jar Binks. But good on him for coming up with the now famous double-ended lightsaber

I'm gonna totally geek out here and say that I saw the double-ended lightsaber in one of the old TOTJ comics...i think exar kun was the one that had it.

whether you consider the comics credible is up to you. hah

Yeah, TOTJ had a double 'saber first. Not a very practical one, but it was there.

...I highly doubt when Lucas was in his prime he would have writen a charactor like Jar-jar binks.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I suspect that he would have written some really silly and lame stuff for OT if he had the same kind of freedom as he now has with the prequels. Back then he was limited by the technology and forced to be more creative and I suspect people around him dared to argue more. Now he can just vomit CGI on the screen and not think about it.

SODOFF Steam group.

Personally I think they made the new Star Wars movies way too reliant on Special effects same with the rereleases originals. I was soo much cooler when they were puppets instead of animated images. Because as amazing as they were at the time, the special affects in the original three weren't a crotch. In Phantom Menace that entire battle tween the droids and Jar Jar's army was special effects. I know it would be a lot harder to make a movie with literally many hundred actors all in costumes, But I think thats one of the things that made the first three movies so good the realism of it all.... However some people may want to push a hot iron of my face for insulting special affects like that soo ya.

The new series seems aimed at merchandising if you ask me... just take a look at how many Star Wars games Lucasarts publish nowadays compared to what they started off with back when they were making Monkey Island :luck:.

That's not to mention all the toys they release...

True the OT had its fair share of merchandising later too, but I mean come on, the Pod racing scene in Phantom Menace? IMHO it didn't really add much to the plot - they could've done things in a different way, although it did pave the way for the POD Racer games on console, PC and the arcades :D.

Anyway, some food for thought I guess...

Geonosians are sure tall, man if Jango Fett was the teleplate for stormtroopers how come they can't shoot.

Ahaha.

#16 - Law of Inverse Accuracy

The accuracy of a 'Good Guy' when operating any form of fire-arm increases as the difficulty of the shot increases. The accuracy of the 'Bad Guys' when operating fire-arms decreases when the difficulty of the shot decreases. (Also known as the Storm trooper Effect) Example: A 'Good Guy' in a drunken stupor being held upside down from a moving vehicle will always hit, and several battalions of 'Bad Guys' firing on a 'Good Guy' standing alone in the middle of an open field will always miss.

First Corollary -

The more 'Bad Guys' there are, the less likely they will hit anyone or do any real damage.

Second Corollary -

Whenever a 'Good Guy' is faced with insurmountable odds, the 'Bad Guys' line up in neat rows, allowing the hero to take them all out with a single burst of automatic fire and then escape.

Third Corollary -

Whenever a 'Good Guy' is actually hit by enemy fire, it is in a designated 'Good Guy Area', usually a flesh wound in the shoulder or arm, which restricts the 'Good Guy' from doing anything more strenuous than driving, firing weaponry, using melee weapons, operating heavy machinery, or doing complex martial arts maneuvers.

The movie contains massive spoilers for the original trilogy.  Do you remember how you first felt when you heard Vader say those famous words inside Bespin?  Seeing the disbelief in Luke's face, which probably matched the disbelief on your face?  When you find out Leia is Luke's sister, how disgusted were you that they kissed on Hoth?

With the new movie (/trilogy), you already know that Luke and Leia are twins.  You already know Anakin is their father.  You already know that he becomes Darth Vader.  You already know that "Old Ben" is really Obiwan.  For those who are watching the original trilogy after having seen the new trilogy, a lot of the plot twists are already known.

Well yeah we all know the storyline, however as a Star Wars fan I want to know how it happens, how intense the battle is with Obi-Wan before Anakin is finally struck down and inevitably becoming Darth Vader. The destiny of characters such as Mace Windu and Padme aren't really that clear, although we do know Windu meets his end (like most of his fellow Jedi), we don't actually know how. I think this will be the best of this Trilogy and has the potential to be!

B: I just can't see how Mr. Whiny becomes Darth Vader.  Nope.  Don't see that at all.

Heh. A lot of people seems to think that just because he's Vader in the OT, he should have been born an evil mofo. Yeah, he should have force choked to death that fool who owned him and his mother, and he should have killed Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan as soon as he saw them because they were Jedi. And everyone knows that Lord Vader lives to kill Jedi. o:)

I never said I thought Anakin should have been born an evil guy, I just don't buy the way he's changing. Just seems like he's a prototypical teen who believes he's better than his elders ("Obi-wan's holding me back. It's all his faul!t") instead of someone who's truly falling to the dark side. All I'm saying is that I hope Ep 3 will give a good reason for the fall.

In this situation, it is not the big details that matter as much as the small. We know certain things happen, but we do not know precisely how they happened. This is the intriguing part for me.

And there are people who have never seen the original trilogy. I run into these unfortunate souls from time to time.

The movie contains massive spoilers for the original trilogy.  Do you remember how you first felt when you heard Vader say those famous words inside Bespin?  Seeing the disbelief in Luke's face, which probably matched the disbelief on your face?  When you find out Leia is Luke's sister, how disgusted were you that they kissed on Hoth?

With the new movie (/trilogy), you already know that Luke and Leia are twins.  You already know Anakin is their father.  You already know that he becomes Darth Vader.  You already know that "Old Ben" is really Obiwan.  For those who are watching the original trilogy after having seen the new trilogy, a lot of the plot twists are already known.