Basilisk Wardroid

Guest Damar Stiehl

Well that's your opinion sun-shine. But a Basilisk War Droid is a BAsilisk War Droid.

So is what we have in K2. K2 is an official licensed product. You aren't licensed to sell toilet paper. You lose.

Um just because it's in KOTOR 2 don't mean it's continuity. That War Droid will be TURNED into the beast. Either through adaptation of KOTOR 2 or by the Holocron itself. So enjoy the ****ing thing while you can ,because sooner or later it's going to turn into a lobster.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

OMG he's right it does look like a molelobster...

and yes I have seen it in action.. it does look fearsome... nah just  cute really..

Somehow, I could just imagine riding one of those to the tunes of B52's "Rocklobster"... :-"

It might be deadly, but it still looks stupid and not to mention the impracticality of wearing all that personal armour. If the guy ever fell of his lobster, he would never be able to stand again without somebody dragging him up. Definitely looks more like some superhero comic stuff than space fantasy.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So is what we have in K2. K2 is an official licensed product. You aren't licensed to sell toilet paper. You lose.

No, he didn't say 6 cm of armor. He said 15 cm. Talk about wearing a tank.

:-

Well 15cm is just totally nonsensical on a personal body suit :o

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Lets see, " MY ARMOR glowing red with the head of re-entry,"

Not the ships armor, HIS ARMOR. Plus the player is given the option of this, "You rode ON a droid in battle."

Well, "the armour of my droid glowing red..." would be quite a mouthful. It's natural to shorten something like that in speech, and given choice between "my armour" and "my droid" glowing red ... it's obvious to pick the former, unless one's trying to impress the ladies on subconscious level. :">

That thing about player option on the other hand is pretty good argument. It still depends mainly on interpretation, though -- you can read it in multiple ways (riding a droid sounds like a crazy thing to do no matter if you're doing it stuck inside of it or outside... i always thought the point of the droid is, it can do things on its own without a human factor) Am not trying to say that the way you chose to read it is wrong, just that it isn't conclusive enough on its own to go ahead and say "seeeeee, they surely meant the droid to be like <whatever>"...

Somehow, I could just imagine riding one of those to the tunes of B52's "Rocklobster"... :-"

It might be deadly, but it still looks stupid and not to mention the impracticality of wearing all that personal armour. If the guy ever fell of his lobster, he would never be able to stand again without somebody dragging him up. Definitely looks more like some superhero comic stuff than space fantasy.

The front half is supposed to be some sort of rockbear. But it just looks like a mole to me. Still it makes your choice of music appropriate.

Personally I'd stick to the old classic Wagner.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

OMG he's right it does look like a molelobster...

and yes I have seen it in action.. it does look fearsome... nah just  cute really..

So do many things in the Star Wars universe, but that's not more you or me to descide. Continuity has the Beast as the Basilisk War Droid. IT's in the holocron, that what a Basilisk War Droid is, Signed sealed, and ****ing delivered.

So enjoy the ****ing thing while you can ,because sooner or later it's going to turn into a lobster.

Fine. When that happens...

0530.jpg

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Lets see, " MY ARMOR glowing red with the head of re-entry,"

Not the ships armor, HIS ARMOR. Plus the player is given the option of this, "You rode ON a droid in battle."

Well, "the armour of my droid glowing red..." would be quite a mouthful. It's natural to shorten something like that in speech, and given choice between "my armour" and "my droid" glowing red ... it's obvious to pick the former, unless one's trying to impress the ladies on subconscious level. :">

That thing about player option on the other hand is pretty good argument. It still depends mainly on interpretation, though -- you can read it in multiple ways (riding a droid sounds like a crazy thing to do no matter if you're doing it stuck inside of it or outside... i always thought the point of the droid is, it can do things on its own without a human factor) Am not trying to say that the way you chose to read it is wrong, just that it isn't conclusive enough on its own to go ahead and say "seeeeee, they surely meant the droid to be like <whatever>"...

Well then that means the line is pointless, because it was supposed to symbolize the disbelief that the Mandalorians would RIDE droids into battle.

He meant his armor. Why would he care to say anything about it, if it wasn't his armor. All ships glow red with re-entry, but when your talking about your ARMOR as a factor then it become a little different.

You say it's just his ship armor, or that the line means nothing, than you DWINDLE the meaning.

Bioware meant the BEAST, not Prince Xizor's ship.

So do many things in the Star Wars universe, but that's not more you or me to descide. Continuity has the Beast as the Basilisk War Droid. IT's in the holocron, that what a Basilisk War Droid is, Signed sealed, and ****ing delivered.

Exactly. Thats why it was presented to Lucasarts for the Aye or Nay and it was accepted by the powers that be, that at least one droid now looks like the fighter in the Mandalorian garage.

How many people actually knew the "lobster" version anyway ?

And no, it might not be continuity, but that doesn't sound like one of the virtues of the SW universe anyway.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

BTW what comics is the basilisk featured??

Trust me, you don't really want to know. The molelobster is just the beginning of a lameness not seen for generations.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Exactly. Thats why it was presented to Lucasarts for the Aye or Nay and it was accepted by the powers that be, that at least one droid now looks like the fighter in the Mandalorian garage.

And no, it might not be continuity, but that doesn't sound like one of the virtues of the SW universe anyway.

Being approved and being approved for continuity are two different things. Become more associated with STar Wars and learn how continuity works.

What's in the holocron is what counts, and the Beast is in that holocron. So is the Virago, but as a ship created for Prince Xizor 4000 years later.

Being approved and being approved for continuity are two different things. Become more associated with STar Wars and learn how continuity works.

What's in the holocron is what counts, and the Beast is in that holocron. So is the Virago, but as a ship created for Prince Xizor 4000 years later.

It seems you're the only one here that is aware/cares about that stuff. So again, what are you trying to accomplish?

What is this "Holocron" ?!?

Is that the comic where it's from ?

Just those who read the comics or are :-

First time someone posted the picture I thought it was a joke. I've never seen the comic, but is it the same one that has people dressed up like egyptians and wearing eye makeup?

478327[/snapback]

No the holocron is the continuity database used by LFL license on Star Wars project. So if a writer has a question, he gets his answer from the holocron.

Or ignores it completely and asks lucasarts.

478327[/snapback]

The molelobster is just the beginning of a lameness not seen for generations.

To be honest, am currently pondering if Mandalorians yell "DINNER TIME!!!" in unison as their lobsters, all glowing red from cutting throught the atmosphere, swoop down on some innocent city.... i mean, wouldn't that rock. :-"

It seems you're the only one here that is aware/cares about that stuff. So again, what are you trying to accomplish?

That next time, Obsidian have a ****ing respect for continuity. If they can let BEAST remain the same, they can all the War beast to remain the same. Stupid or not, a Basilisk War Droid is a beast, not a Virago Star Viper.

The molelobster is just the beginning of a lameness not seen for generations.

To be honest, am currently pondering if Mandalorians yell "DINNER TIME!!!" in unison as their lobsters, all glowing red from cutting throught the atmosphere, swoop down on some innocent city.... i mean, wouldn't that rock. :-"

Could be. Perhaps it symbolizes the War Droids opening their mouths, or firing their main cannons on large cities destroying them. Or using their claws to slice through the fresh meat of soldiers and innocent people.

Man I love Mandalorians.

Well, obviously the original Basilisk War Droid was a molelobster. It was originally invented when the first of the Mandalores tried to make an early version of the Clone Wars, but using an army of giant moles and lobsters instead of himself. The cloning proccess got messed up, creating a molelobster creature, which died ten seconds later because it figured it looked stupid. Mandalore then decided to make the Basilisk War Droid, in honour of the sacrifice of the original molelobster.

Canderous, the new Mandalore, however, figured it was stupid. When he rode on the molelobster to destroy the planet, he thought to himself "What am I doing on this thing? And are they all laughing at me down there? I didnt invent the damn thing! DIE!". After he became Mandalore, he figured that in order to keep the Mandalorian pride, he changed the molelobster to Basilisk War Droid MkII.

That is the origin of the basilisk war droid :cool:

Could be. Perhaps it symbolizes the War Droids opening their mouths, or firing their main cannons on large cities destroying them. Or using their claws to slice through the fresh meat of soldiers and innocent people.

You need to get out more.