Basilisk Wardroid

Guest Damar Stiehl

that's just a mistake. Chris made many of them in KOTOR 2.

Your confusing mistake with choice not to include something that looks completely stupid and out of place in the game I think.

There was intent to ignore the molelobster which means it's not a mistake.Simply good judgement.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

yeah.. with the current trend for realism, you can't have a molelobster falling out of orbit and crashing into the ground.. It just doesn't look right...

*ponders* if this so called molelobster is heated in re-entry will it look the same or will it go bright orange like a boiled lobster would look like??

lobster.. hmmm yumm..

that's just a mistake. Chris made many of them in KOTOR 2.

Your confusing mistake with choice not to include something that looks completely stupid and out of place in the game I think.

There was intent to ignore the molelobster which means it's not a mistake.Simply good judgement.

The Basilisk War Droid doesn't look stupid, and is BAD judgment. A lack of respect for continuity. Just because something looks stupid, he ****ing felt the right to have it changed. Screw him, and his Virago. At least Bioware knew what they hell they were doing.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Of course proper context is a factor is such a thing. I sure as hell don't want to ride on a bus or train. I want to ride IN them.

When someone says thay rode on the train they were quite definitely inside the steel box that makes the carriage.

For all we know, "riding on droid" might be the same thing -- it tells nothing about the form of the droid in question.

Don't read, then. I am exercising my God-given right to piss and moan.

Yeah, and it's my God-given right to spam, derail and generically bastardize this thread to hell. But let's not get into what's our right and what's not, shall we? ;)

Oh, and Willy has something to tell you.

0536.jpg

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

yeah.. with the current trend for realism, you can't have a molelobster falling out of orbit and crashing into the ground.. It just doesn't look right...

*ponders* if this so called molelobster is heated in re-entry will it look the same or will it go bright orange like a boiled lobster would look like??

lobster..  hmmm yumm..

It doesn't crash into the ground. That Beast can do a whole lot more than that REAL Virago Star Viper. The beast shows the style and the insanity of the Mandalorians. Makes them a little bit more than any other race. That Virago doesn't make them look powerful. The stupid beast does, because the stupid beast can lay waste to cities. Which goes along with Canderous speaking of how the Mandalorian carry weapons that destroy everything.

The Basilisk War Droid doesn't look stupid

I'm afraid it does. If I saw someone riding into battle on one of those I would wet myself laughing.

While some EU geeks might get it, the majority of people would be wondering how they heck a mutant lobster got into a StarWars game.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Of course proper context is a factor is such a thing. I sure as hell don't want to ride on a bus or train. I want to ride IN them.

When someone says thay rode on the train they were quite definitely inside the steel box that makes the carriage.

For all we know, "riding on droid" might be the same thing -- it tells nothing about the form of the droid in question.

Lets see, " MY ARMOR glowing red with the head of re-entry,"

Not the ships armor, HIS ARMOR. Plus the player is given the option of this, "You rode ON a droid in battle."

bioware?? how comes?? they made candy say stuff that i was so sure the basilisk looked like a mech with a protocanoon on its shoulder...

or was it a description of a gundam wing episode where the anti-hero rides his mobile suit.. drops out of space.. gets his ubercannon and vaporises an entire island fortress.. while crying for the innocent people he killed...

Good old english language :D

478327[/snapback]

The Basilisk War Droid doesn't look stupid

I'm afraid it does. If I saw someone riding into battle on one of those I would wet myself laughing.

While some EU geeks might get it, the majority of people would be wondering how they heck a mutant lobster got into a StarWars game.

Well that's your opinion sun-shine. But a Basilisk War Droid is a BAsilisk War Droid. I bet after seeing it in action they wouldn't think it looked stupid.

Not the ships armor, HIS ARMOR. Plus the player is given the option of this, "You rode ON a droid in battle."

My armour could equally mean what he is wearing or the ships armour he is riding in. Like the in and on thing.

Dosnt he say 6 cm of armour ? You do realise what 6 cm of armour would look like for a personal suit dont you?

478327[/snapback]

Well that's your opinion sun-shine. But a Basilisk War Droid is a BAsilisk War Droid. I bet after seeing it in action they wouldn't think it looked stupid.

It's not real, it's not like you can see it in action.

478327[/snapback]

My armour could equally mean what he is wearing or the ships armour he is riding in. Like the in and on thing.

Dosnt he say 6 cm of armour ? You do realise what 6 cm of armour would look like for a personal suit dont you?

Um he meant HIS ARMOR, for like I said the player is given the option of saying,"You faught in a battle while riding a droid?"

Well that's your opinion sun-shine. But a Basilisk War Droid is a BAsilisk War Droid.

So is what we have in K2. K2 is an official licensed product. You aren't licensed to sell toilet paper. You lose.

No, he didn't say 6 cm of armor. He said 15 cm. Talk about wearing a tank.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

OMG he's right it does look like a molelobster...

and yes I have seen it in action.. it does look fearsome... nah just  cute really..

It certainly does in that colour. Think it's got some legs missing though.

478327[/snapback]