Princess leia's brass bikini

Karzak

Different replubics, and war is an interesting term, the vietnam war wasn't a war.

how was vietnam not a war?

It wasn't a war. It was a police action.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

I think it's midichloridians.

what the hell is that?

According to Qui-Gon, microscopic organisms present in all of us that are what make the force. The more of them the more force. :lol:

Yeh pure baloney. That's why Attack of the Clones just didn't bother with it. They only mentioned them in Phantom Menace I think as a way of measuring Anakin's force potential. Why bother. The Force works better as an abstract concept.

According to Qui-Gon, microscopic organisms present in all of us that are what make the force. The more of them the more force.

I remember that, I just forgot what the hell the things do (and what they were called). I was under the impression they don't create the force, but they are just present in greater numbers inside those that have the force. or something.

According to Qui-Gon, microscopic organisms present in all of us that are what make the force. The more of them the more force.

I remember that, I just forgot what the hell the things do (and what they were called). I was under the impression they don't create the force, but they are just present in greater numbers inside those that have the force. or something.

They left it vague in the movies at to their exact nature. However, I think since Anakin was fatherless, Qui-Gon mentioned the possibility of the midichlorians being the parent. :lol::blink:

Maybe they expanded the idea in the EU but given most people's opinion of that idea I'd be surprised. <_<

Not really actually. The moderators seem to be showing alot of latitude in posts allowed actually. That will undoubtedly change when there are more posts and more volume of people.

Fair enough.

I haven't been 'round here long enough to get a feel for how the place is run. It just struck me as odd is all. Now that I think about it, I guess the non-dev mods don't know anything more than we do.

They left it vague in the movies at to their exact nature. However, I think since Anakin was fatherless, Qui-Gon mentioned the possibility of the midichlorians being the parent. :):blink:

Maybe they expanded the idea in the EU but given most people's opinion of that idea I'd be surprised. <_<

I think the whole idea of Anakin being fatherless was the worst idea Lucas came up with.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Well I would say that we are just going to wander this discussion of Lucas, Anakin and the bikini to WoT. I personally think Lucas should have quit while he was ahead and never done the last two movies ... except for Bobofet (SP?) and Yoda going all psycho ... I could have done w/o. And now he is bloody well talking about redoing the original 3 with more FX and crap ... sheesh ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I've read a fair number of SW novels and they have no mention of mitochlorians. I just get this image of Lenny and Karl fighting with plutonium rods like they were light sabers over which of the new SW sucked worse.

Where Lucas messed up with the new series is that science fantasy makes better movies, science fiction makes better reading. When you try to explain things in the movies, it just bogs things down with technical jargon. Movies should let the people fill in the gaps, though a lot of unexplained things in the ROJ were better explained in the novels, which helped an otherwise story laden with plot holes make more sense. Like how did the republic win the battle, even if the emporer and the death star were destroyed? I hope KOTR2 allows us to hunt down and kill the teddy bears in that episode.

I am not surprised that there was no mention of midichlorians (that's the correct spelling, I looked it up through google) in the EU. It was a bad idea to begin with. I suppose one explanation is that they are attracted by people strong in the force and are not the force itself but nothing official has been said as to their origin.

Episode 1 was too damned much aimed at people aged 7 and bellow, so they had to come up with an explanation on how Anakin is so potent at the force that would seem reasonable to 7-year-olds. The result: Midichlorians <_<

The Empire Strikes Back is still the best film of the series IMHO :ph34r:

I think so as well. Lucas trying to sell Star Wars toys and merchandise by catering to kids. <_<

You know I saw the first Star Wars movie in 1977 when I was six. That may have been considered a more adult oriented movie but I loved it and I still have all of the action figures and other toys from that time period (probably worth a bit). My point is I don't think Lucas needed to make a movie oriented to children in order for it to be marketable to children. :angry: