Two Words: MOD FRIENDLY

I'm not asking that you include a toolset or anything with KotOR II, although that would be unreasonably awesome, but there is a whole mod community that I was once part of that had to struggle to do anything in KotOR. We only recently were able to import and export models into the game, and even then, we can't import animations. The community grew due to the efforts of a select few individuals who we all appreciated. But we still can't make custom area models, and are limited in nearly every aspect. I'm just asking that the least you could do for the mod community is release a stable importer and exporter for models. Many would appreciate it Obsidian.

they might make one like a couple of months after the release but i doubt it

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I'm not asking that you include a toolset or anything with KotOR II, although that would be unreasonably awesome, but there is a whole mod community that I was once part of that had to struggle to do anything in KotOR.  We only recently were able to import and export models into the game, and even then, we can't import animations.  The community grew due to the efforts of a select few individuals who we all appreciated.  But we still can't make custom area models, and are limited in nearly every aspect.  I'm just asking that the least you could do for the mod community is release a stable importer and exporter for models.  Many would appreciate it Obsidian.

I believe it's been stated that, unfortunately, this won't be happening. It'll be just as easy (or hard) to mod TSL as the original KOTOR.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Four words: Some people are sad ;)

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Some assorted amount of words: The least Obsidian could do for us for this release is NOT ban mod discussion on their boards...

I agree. I can say this since it's not Biowares site <_< . Bioware has got to be one of the most snottiest, uptight forum moderators around. They close topics for every friggen thing!!! It's like you can't say anything there. I feel so bad for people who are new to the forums and say something that gets the cold, snotty "End of line :angry: " bit from either that Stanley Woo guy or someone else. I wish they'd lighten up.

Was there any specific reason why the toolset of model formats were not going to be released? Was that a Lucas Arts decision?

Yeah I think so..... LA are afraid that modder's would put "Darth Vader in a teddy" or something. They have always been afaird of modder's every since Dark Forces can out and saw what modders were doing with doom.

Above was from memory about modding Dark forces in a game magazine.

The Model format has been asked for many times, and Akari said he would not mind giving out the model format, if it was up to him.  Also the tools that you use will be likley 98% compatiable.  They know what's going on over a lucusforums.(spelling /)

If they actually go out of their way to make the current tools not work, I will lose all respect I ever had for LucasArts, Obsidian, and anyone near me at the moment...

WHy should they make the current tools work anyway?  The game isn't meant to be moddable.  If you want a moddable game get one with a tool set in it.

Are you like five or something ? ;)

Did you know that both KOTOR 1 and 2 are based on the Neverwinter nights engine ?

Which has tool sets for it. But I guess you dont like playing beyond the game that you have and dont like fps mods for halflife (counterstrike was a mod) or quake 1-3 for that matter either <_<

If I created the SW universe I would be more afraid of fanfic, you can't control what they write.

I was so hoping to enjoy some really cool mods for kotor from people. Modding kotor would of been the perfect platform for new fanfic, in regards that you are able to play the story. :ph34r:

So grow up not everbody is out to put Vader in a sexy little teddy :p

Despite the game being "Unmoddable" there are still many talented people out there trying to add new content to KOTOR despite how difficult it is. There a few mods already. Nothing fancy but it is the best the can do with what they have.

One look at the NWN community should be enough to see what a toolset can do and how much life it can give to a game. Pity

Two words: Never mind!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

This has been discussed various times in the past: :)

See these posts amonst others: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...indpost&p=25967 and http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...indpost&p=19954

About the format, we have this info: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=1564&hl=

For now, the tools we have are listed here

As tk102 once said, we are not even asking for a toolset, we can make our own tools. What would be nice, would be to have some documentation, even very informal. I don't have a problem with the devs not releasing a toolset: it is time and $$$ but some information, especially on the model format, would me more than welcomed by the modding community. There is no point is banning the whole discussion about mods like bioware did.