Just finished TSL

Would I be wrong in saying that this is the easiest game I have ever played in my entire life?  Can anyone name a game that was easier?

It wasn't that the game was easy. It was that the main character was far too powerful.

You know what, now that you mention it, you are very right. I remember the time when my PC left the party and I had to form one without him. The battles I had to think about. That part was fun. Yeah the PC was just too powerful.

Can I ask you guys one question? Did you easily beat 5 handmaiden?

Well, the only time i could beat all 5 handmaidens is when i had edited the regeneration.2da files to give 10hp per second.

because at that point in time, it is VERY, VERY impossible to finish it with a unmodified game.

If you find the game too easy, why don't you mod it to balance it out.....well, you can just nerf your character.

you know, pick crap force powers....stuff like that.

don't upgrade your armor/robes or weapons.

use one saber, use no special attacks. (flurry etc.)

Its like i find Master of Orion II pathetically easy, so i always mod out the AI with extreme production, research and population growth....i always seem to win either way. lol

The game is only as easy as you make it for yourself. What is the purpose of the game? To see the ending credits roll by after a short FMV?

The first time I played through the game I was learning the ropes and all of the new skills and force powers.

The second time I went through I decided to turn Visas Marr to the light side (was fairly easy once I learned her character)

The third time I went through it my plan was to seduce the Handmaiden to the dark side (dark side mastery) and try to seduce Mira as well.

I failed at that attempt. So it was hard and I will try again.

Don't think of 'beating games' as finding the quickest easiest way to see the credits roll by. Set some goals that you haven't done yet and mix them up a little. Combine some of them etc etc. Each time you play the story changes by the decisions you make. (Slightly but worth the while)

Uh, dude, that's why there are difficulty settings...

In some other game, perhaps. In KotOR II there are only three marginally different shades of 'easy'.

In KotOR I you could make things difficult simply by going solo and not using cheats like med packs, stims, shields, grenades etc. In KotOR II this does not work unless you purposely stunt your character (by choosing bad attributes, feats and equipment) or if you invent new modes of play like reaching the end with the least possible level or the least possible amount of XP.

On the positive side, the game does the work of selecting bad attributes, feats and skills for you if you select automatic levelling.

It is dead easy unless you make it a rule not to use cheats like shields, grenades, med packs etc. pp.

If you have such a rule then it becomes very difficult because at that point in time very few character builds have the ability to deal with half a dozen hard enemies efficiently from a de-buffed state. And it really should be very, very difficult, if you consider the situation.

Well, the only time i could beat all 5 handmaidens is when i had edited the regeneration.2da files to give 10hp per second.

because at that point in time, it is VERY, VERY impossible to finish it with a unmodified game.

If you find the game too easy, why don't you mod it to balance it out.....well, you can just nerf your character.

you know, pick crap force powers....stuff like that.

don't upgrade your armor/robes or weapons.

use one saber, use no special attacks. (flurry etc.)

Its like i find Master of Orion II pathetically easy, so i always mod out the AI with extreme production, research and population growth....i always seem to win either way. lol

you are very very wrong. the handmaidens arent hard to beat with a unmodified game, infact if you're having a hard time taking them all on at once, you can trick them into running off the mat and they disqualify themselves. not to mention planting mines or just using medpacks and fighting them all. very very wrong.

What if you just don't level up every time the big L appears?

I have tried that. I stopped leveling up at level 20 (15/5) and the game is still a pushover. The Jedi masters and Sith Lords are still pathetic. Saving levels doesn't really affect the game much because the enemy scaling is based on your current level, and not your current XP. Since I find no change of difficulty whatsoever in saving levels, I'm thinking of modding xptable.2da to put back in the level 20 cap. The additional levels are only for bragging rights and for those who appreciate leveling up more than actually playing.

But even if the enemy scaling depended on your XP, the autobalance is still very, very broken. For instance I have seen regular soldiers that get a +25 to their Fortitude save, making any Force powers used against them effectively useless. It would be much easier to have the Force powers cost like 4x of their actual cost and leave AI saves as they are, so the Force is actually a tactical resource and not something you can merrily spam. They either rushed this part of the development, or their gameplay designers are nowhere near as good as their writers.

There is this dude that's making a hardcore mod and plans to release a modified AI script that will actually give the AI extra feats and allow it to use them. That, a few tweaks to the Force powers cost, some fixes to the autobalance.2da to fix the ridiculous buffed saves, and a non-powergaming playing on the player's part should provide a decent challenge. There might be hope for K2 yet. :p

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Uh, dude, that's why there are difficulty settings... ;)

Even in difficult, the game is easy. My lightsaber ripped 150-200 damage with each Flurry. If your DS, you can basically go unarmed with only Force Crush and still beat the game. If your LS, use Battle Medition and started using Flurry like there's no end. The Exile was made far too powerful. In my Sith Lord game, I had over 900 Force Points. (w00t) If you were to use Revan in K2 and put it in Difficult setting, it would seriously be difficult.

The battle with the handmaidens becomes extremely easy if you us Force Whirlwind, because it will knock half of them out of the ring and disqualify them. This counteracts the disadvantage consulars have compared to guardians who can survive longer in melee combat against many opponents. One Force Whirlwind and you've won half the battle.

The game is only as easy as you make it for yourself.  What is the purpose of the game?  To see the ending credits roll by after a short FMV?

The first time I played through the game I was learning the ropes and all of the new skills and force powers.

The second time I went through I decided to turn Visas Marr to the light side (was fairly easy once I learned her character)

The third time I went through it my plan was to seduce the Handmaiden to the dark side (dark side mastery) and try to seduce Mira as well. 

I failed at that attempt.  So it was hard and I will try again.

Don't think of 'beating games' as finding the quickest easiest way to see the credits roll by.  Set some goals that you haven't done yet and mix them up a little.  Combine some of them etc etc.  Each time you play the story changes by the decisions you make.  (Slightly but worth the while)

I see a game as completed when you finish the game in every possible way. (if there are different solutions to each situation) (no mods, no save game editing)

I do admit though, they did rather screw up the classes, there is no point in being a Guardian, since you get 1 more minor feat then a Sentinel, a mere +2 extra damage, (ranged, melee and Saber) but much less skill points.

In Kotor I, skill points weren't all that important, just repair, treat injury and persuade. (computer use, if you wanna make it easier, combat wise and kill everyone by gas) ;) (so a Scout/Sentinel is the best choice skill wise)

But in Kotor II, skills are important for more dialogs...Demolition not only lets to disable and recover mines, it lets you open some doors and containers. (pretty cool)

But in the long run, a game is meant for fun and entertainment, not a challenge.

If i wanted a challenging game, i would play chess with my mom, her eye sight might suck due to a brain dis-order, but her chess playing skills are scary.

Technically, Armor Shouldn't restrict force powers, i would think if armor stops you from using the good force powers, then the force powers should be useless against armor if it stops you using them. (if that makes sense)

But it is understandable, because if you could wear a Mandarlorian Heavy Armour and still use force powers, why wear Jedi Robes. (Heavy Armor = 10+ defence vs Jedi Robes = 5 defence i believe) who would win?

Anyway, this game only has 2 replay value times (one for light and one for dark, after that, there isn't much point in playing it again) except for the fun of it of course.

Anyway, i hope they have more planets on Kotor III and the story doesn't need to include them, just them being there is cool, it lets you make a good name or bad name for yourself. :lol:

You know......go to Corellia and do some side quests and stuff, but the planet has no connection to the main story, it is just there for the realism of it. (do you know what i mean?)

Now, this is my idea of a cool Kotor type game (using the source engine or some good engine that will work well on all modern cards....Nvidia and ATI alike)

It could have like 20+ planets and only like 5-7 have anything to do with the story, but the rest have nothing to do with it besides having side quests and pod racing. (each non-story planet as well as story planets have 2 ways of doing stuff.....light side or darkside) (it would be my kinda game then)

Of course, you will say, if you have all those planets, you will reach maximum level before even starting the story.....but the max level will be 99. :lol:

but you will not have a simple game because of a high level character.

It would be like this:

Jedi Guardian: 4 BAB per level, 2 skill points per level and 2 force points per level

Jedi Sentinel: 2 BAB per level, 3 skill points per level and 4 force points per level

Jedi Consular: 0 BAB per level, 1 skill points per level and 8 force points per level

also, the AI will always be 5 levels higher then you, while the Bosses will be 10 levels higher. (except the starting planet, since you will be pathetically weak then, they will be evenly matched or weaker.

what do you guys think? (not saying this will happen, just a what if type of game)

The battle with the handmaidens becomes extremely easy if you us Force Whirlwind, because it will knock half of them out of the ring and disqualify them.  This counteracts the disadvantage consulars  have compared to guardians who can survive longer in melee combat against  many opponents.  One Force Whirlwind and you've won half the battle.

Well, that never works for me, since 99% of the time they always save against the force powers and i always have my wisdom and charisma on 14 lately....especially with a Consular....so i will welcome the tweaked saves, but a game doesn't need to be challening to be fun, just playing it is fun.

But in the long run, a game is meant for fun and entertainment, not a challenge.

To you perhaps. But I don't find much fun in having the climactic battle of a chapter be done in two flurry attacks, and every regular battle be a no-brainer clickfest. There is supposed to be a difference between games and movies. :geek:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

To you perhaps. But I don't find much fun in having the climactic battle of a chapter be done in two flurry attacks, and every regular battle be a no-brainer clickfest. There is supposed to be a difference between games and movies. :)

Well, K2 provides a "cinematic" expirience :geek:"

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

To you perhaps. But I don't find much fun in having the climactic battle of a chapter be done in two flurry attacks, and every regular battle be a no-brainer clickfest. There is supposed to be a difference between games and movies. :geek:

I agree that a battle shouldn't be finished in 2 flurrys, but all in all, a game is for entertainment and thats all it is for.

But to solve that problem, don't use flurry or any special attack or force powers....won't be so easy then.

If you want a challenge, try Homeworld 2, now that game sucked because the AI outright cheated.

But to solve that problem, don't use flurry or any special attack or force powers....won't be so easy then.

Uh, it shouldn't be up to the player to artificially rebalance the game, you know. That's the game designers' job.

Again, you say that games are for entertainment and that's all what they're for. Let's see how this is a little fallacy, shall we?

Games are for entertainment and that's all they are for. Movies are for entertainment, and that's all they are for. Thus, games are movies. ;)

If the game is too easy, make it more harder by modding the game....its that simple.

That's exactly my intention. However my lack of scripting skills might make it... difficult.