Proof that Bioware = BG3?

sawyl

@Play: You're also working on a top secret project using the same engine Epic used for its latest Unreal game. Any chance you might be able to reveal a little more about this one for your fans?

GZ: Unfortunately we're not currently discussing the project that will be using the Unreal Engine 3 at this time. Again, watch for information in the near future.

LINKY

Didn't EA's propaganda machine mention something about "seeing the fear in the orc's eye" or somesuch?

Curiously enough as well: the "New Project" subsection on Bioware's page has lost the console-only and the information page it used to link to. WHAT COULD IT ALL MEAN?

@Play: You're also working on a top secret project using the same engine Epic used for its latest Unreal game. Any chance you might be able to reveal a little more about this one for your fans?

GZ: Unfortunately we're not currently discussing the project that will be using the Unreal Engine 3 at this time. Again, watch for information in the near future.

LINKY

Didn't EA's propaganda machine mention something about "seeing the fear in the orc's eye" or somesuch?

Curiously enough as well: the "New Project" subsection on Bioware's page has lost the console-only and the information page it used to link to. WHAT COULD IT ALL MEAN?

how about "Star Citidal", the trademark Bio recently registered

"If they are it would have to be the un-named console title.."

No. Talk about a lack of logic. For all we know; it could be a game that they haven't even said anything about yet. How 'bout them apples?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Even though I was joking with my post above, I do think it could possibly be Bioware.

I have some deep down feeling that Bioware doesn

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

If anything, the lack of announcement from Atari on who's developing the game to me gives credence that BIO *might* land up developing it. For all we know, the two companies are negotiating and who knows maybe BIO hosting the NWN2 boards might have something to do with it... <>

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I believe, though I don't have a quote offhand, that Bioware has confirmed their unannounced new projects are all made using their own IP. This would preclude the BG series.

Dragon Age is, IMHO, the nearest you will get to BG3 at the moment and it's pretty near. Other than the FR setting it has all the things which made BG2 fun that can be reasonably replicated in the current market (ie: no 200-hour OC.)

Feel free to steal this sig.

Horrorvisions of BG3 on Unreal 3 engines... :ph34r:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Dragon Age is, IMHO, the nearest you will get to BG3 at the moment and it's pretty near.  Other than the FR setting it has all the things which made BG2 fun that can be reasonably replicated in the current market (ie: no 200-hour OC.)

I guess it's pretty near if you have the lifespan of a sea turtle (my estimate is about 2 years out)

I guess it's pretty near if you have the lifespan of a sea turtle (my estimate is about 2 years out)

I meant 'pretty near' insofar as the game appears to be similar to the BG series in style and gameplay.

If Bio does have BG3 as an unannounced project it's gonna be even longer than DA. :p

Feel free to steal this sig.

I say lets wait and see with the Unreal engine. The Unreal guys said the engine is fully capable of using 3rd person perspective and can code in the mechanics that accompany a crpg. Remember the Jefferson and Van Burren engine was 3D. I guess it just matters how Bioware plans to use it, will it be FPV or a NWN 3rd person perspective style, or something else entirely. Who knows?

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

...any BG3 made will be compared, an' prolly unfavorably, ta the dead Jefferson project from the dead BIS...that'll be one headache...

...any BG3 made will be compared, an' again prolly unfavorably, ta the original BG an' ta SoA...'nother headache...

...any BG3 made will be run through the wringer by the "The BG / Bhaal Spawn Saga is over and should stay that way and anything else with that name is just a pale imitation..." and/or the " We want new titles, not just money-grabs wit' similar names"...anti-fanboy regimes...'nother headache...

...why would any developement house want ta do this???... :thumbsup:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

...why would any developement house want ta do this???... :thumbsup:

Maybe the possibility of selling a million copies like the previous games did?

On top of that only us forum geeks know what Jefferson was, the average BG player probably has never heard of Jefferson.

- Steven Erikson