KOTOR2 PC patch on the way!

I am having a big problem with Nar Shaddaa. I'm a LS character, and trying to piss off the exchange. I've done everything bad to them, but I helped out the girl buy the swoop bike club and I think I'm screwed. Nothing is happening. I've been walking around for two days just doing nothing...HEEELP! Please God let the patch fix this.

I am having a big problem with  Nar Shaddaa.  I'm a LS character, and trying to piss off the exchange.  I've done everything bad to them, but I helped out the girl buy the swoop bike club and I think I'm screwed.  Nothing is happening.  I've been walking around for two days just doing nothing...HEEELP!  Please God let the patch fix this.

I have the exactly same problem. >_<

Make sure you talk to all the refugees with names in the refugee sector. Explore the Exchange base. Win the Pazaak championship. Help the Rodian merchant. Help all the people in the flophouse by the docks. Some will need to wait to finish their quest until the end of Nar Shaddaa.

When you've done enough things, it'll click.

You can also talk to Vogga the Hutt, but I recommend you leave that towards the end.

I just hope it gets done soon. I have the wonderful bug where I complete the Jedi academy on Telos...then when I get to the Ebon Hawk, I just get a black screen, and M brings up a grey map...aparently cause my teammates are still on the mat on Telos, and it wont load the scene..

Best part is my only 2 savegames are an autosave the end of Telos...that freezes 1/4th up (part of the same bug) and a save in the Ebon Hawk....at the black screen.

SO I get to replay the entire game over again, since I can't replay Telos! YAY!

They so better fix Nar Shadda and its thousand bugs! This planet have soooo many bugs!.

Atm i cant progress my game cuz of some uber lame bug (kreia heals hanharr, game loads up Atton which arent suppose to = party appears dead bla bla).

I have a very similar problem. After Kreia heals Hanharr, the game laods up my char in the room with the workbench and ventilation controls and immidiately fades to black but only halfway then i get a error dialogue box...

It happened over and over without fail. I even went back to the autosave where my party members are talking and get ambushed by those Duros but when i got to that point after Kreia heals again it failed

I hope the patch fixes this...

I just hope it gets done soon. I have the wonderful bug where I complete the Jedi academy on Telos...then when I get to the Ebon Hawk, I just get a black screen, and M brings up a grey map...aparently cause my teammates are still on the mat on Telos, and it wont load the scene..

Best part is my only 2 savegames are an autosave the end of Telos...that freezes 1/4th up (part of the same bug) and a save in the Ebon Hawk....at the black screen.

SO I get to replay the entire game over again, since I can't replay Telos! YAY!

Save often and in different slots.... very important....

WHAT I DONT GET, IS THAT SURELY THE PATCH MUST HAVE COME FROM OBSIDIAN TO THE LA Q&A?

IF THIS IS THE CASE, WHY IS IT THAT SOMEONE AT LA HAS VERY KINDLY PUT A NOTE ON THE FORUM TO KEEP ITS READERS UPDATED. YET HERE ON OBSIDIANS HOME FORUM THEY LAZY ***** HAVENT BOTHERED TO TELL US ANYTHING?

I MEAN COME ON HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE JUST TO PUT ON A SIMILAR NOTE TO THAT OF LA FORUM, JUST TO KEEP PEOPLE UP TO DATE. THERES NO EXCUSE FOR IT, ITS JUST PURE LAZINESS!!

WHO KNOWS, MAYBE THIS TINY LITTLE THING POINTS THE FINGERS AT WHO AND WHAT ARE TO BLAME FOR THE GAME HAVING THE PROBS THAT IT CURRENTLY DOES!

It's called a contract. Obsidian aren't allowed to post anything like that because it's not their product. Sith Lords belongs to LucasArts, and they will have full control over what gets done when, including announcements. For similar reasons, the devs seem to be restricted from posting here (LA seem to think that they know more about troubleshooting a game than the people who made it for them >_< )

WHAT I DONT GET, IS THAT SURELY THE PATCH MUST HAVE COME FROM OBSIDIAN TO THE LA Q&A?

IF THIS IS THE CASE, WHY IS IT THAT SOMEONE AT LA HAS VERY KINDLY PUT A NOTE ON THE FORUM TO KEEP ITS READERS UPDATED. YET HERE ON OBSIDIANS HOME FORUM THEY LAZY ***** HAVENT BOTHERED TO TELL US ANYTHING?

I MEAN COME ON HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE JUST TO PUT ON A SIMILAR NOTE TO THAT OF LA FORUM, JUST TO KEEP PEOPLE UP TO DATE. THERES NO EXCUSE FOR IT, ITS JUST PURE LAZINESS!!

WHO KNOWS, MAYBE THIS TINY LITTLE THING POINTS THE FINGERS AT WHO AND WHAT ARE TO BLAME FOR THE GAME HAVING THE PROBS THAT IT CURRENTLY DOES!

You could start with turing off caps lock.... this way you'll never get respect or a response.....

If I was Obsidian I surely wouldn't respond to such a post, what a shame...

Keep going like this,, and you will never get any help

So there is still no word on exactly when the patch will be released?

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

*sigh*

It's not a bug, your system simply can't run the game.

Ummm.. that's not fully right. They may fix something or add some option for us able to play...

In some thread i've already post some evidence that they're still chances to play with such that low-end system... May be not much but who cares?

YEEEHAAAA FInally. i hope they fix the min req bug. GOSH THAT IS annoying.

*sigh*

It's not a bug, your system simply can't run the game.

oh I know ur tired of this but I have some Proof that its not just "my system simply can't run the game" Here it is:

I recently booted up the game and saw like 1 second of our little white robot on the ebon hawk! Then it bilped out and stopped responding, a bug of I'm sure

The strange thing is that EVRY time I get past the first movies, I hear something. either a "hyperdrive: offline" or the robot beeping, and of course maybe I will see a flash of the ebon hawk. Then everything goes black and It stops responding. Now tell me: How could I have scene a flash or even got through the begining of the game (char design) AND not been promted with a graphics error if my card was bad?

Theres no way in hell that it is my card!

Its a frikin bug I tell you

ARRGGGGGG

okay, ill stop scaring you

David

I wonder how long its gonna take to bring the patch out....

I really hope soon. I paid good money for this game and I KNOW I can play it--now granted, my game won't look as breath-taking (actually I heard the graphics suck teh big one anyhow.. but hey.. haha) but I will be able to play. Bottom line: That's all I care about. I wanna be able to play without having it crash, etc.

Join the Brotherhood of the Black Screen of Death (BSoD)..!!

Doesn't matter if they bring out the patch or not for me.  I have beaten the game and the ending really sucked so I have no real interest playing it again.

Regardless of the ending, and btw--thanks for being so blunt (what if someone had no prior knowledge to the disappointment of it..?), many people want to play--post something productive or piss off.

When I see crap I state that it is crap. When I see something good, I state that it is good. The ending was crap. Blunt or not, it is being honest. If I see a friend with a burger hanging out of his nose, I would tell him that he has a burger hanging out of his nose. KotOR 2's ending is one giant burger.

When I see crap I state that it is crap.  When I see something good, I state that it is good.  The ending was crap.  Blunt or not, it is being honest.  If I see a friend with a burger hanging out of his nose, I would tell him that he has a burger hanging out of his nose.  KotOR 2's ending is one giant burger.

:wub:

Classic!

But that's the weird thing about K2. The feeling you get whilst playing it urges you to play on (perhaps more so than K1). But the pathetic excuse for an ending leaves such a bad taste in the mouth, that you never really want to touch it again!

manthing2.jpg

It's all I needed to know- never doubted for a second :-"  Now, in true stoodent fashion, I'm going to have a pint (of orange juice, naturaully,  :wub: )for each of the Devs at Obsidian, c yas!

Stoodent? Good lord..

I'd honestly like to state my complete and utter disappointment in this game. Not only have I been hit by gameplay-halting glitches TWICE (Black screen on Telos.... and Black Screen when landing on Dxun for the second time), but I've been hit by the ****ty plot-line that this game put forth.

I'm sorry, but the concept of a demi-god simply "disappearing" after decimating the Republic, forming the Galactic Empire, and being worshipped by hundreds thousands of soldiers on the Republic's former core planet.....

I needn't say more.

Nield Rankosa

When I see crap I state that it is crap.  When I see something good, I state that it is good.  The ending was crap.  Blunt or not, it is being honest.  If I see a friend with a burger hanging out of his nose, I would tell him that he has a burger hanging out of his nose.  KotOR 2's ending is one giant burger.

:wub:

Classic!

But that's the weird thing about K2. The feeling you get whilst playing it urges you to play on (perhaps more so than K1). But the pathetic excuse for an ending leaves such a bad taste in the mouth, that you never really want to touch it again!

I find that funny. I have finished the game once as a DS male. I then made an LS male and ran through right up to the part before the last level and stopped. I then made a DS female and got right up to the part before the last level and stopped...

The ending really did leave a bad taste in my mouth. Bad enough that I figured starting over would be better than finishing my previous games to the very end.

I REALLY hope that they fiddle with the ending a bit in this patch but I highly doubt it. Lucas Arts will only see the dollar signs in their ledger and think all is well, meanwhile I'm sure I'm not alone when I am pondering if I will ever buy another KotOR game. It just isn't right to not want to finish the game, because quite literally, the ending seems to spoil all of the fun I had getting there =\

It feels like playing the first 90% of the game was like winning the lottery and then I found out that there was a mistake in the remaining 10% and my lottery winnings were taken away from me.

Or I play a hell of a hockey game and score the winning goal only to have the Refs go to instant replay and find that the net was off the anchors =\