Revan or Vader

Who is better? Revan or Vader?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better? Revan or Vader?

• Revan
    • Vader

Alright, but why couldn't vader (if he is soo powerful in the force and suppose to have all those midichorlines) hold his own against the force lightning at the end of rotj? I mean, yoda easily took all the force lightning thrown against him and it looked like it didn't even phase him. And vader(anakin) was suppose to be far more powerful than yoda?

I'm going to have to go with revan on this one, just seems more powerful to me plus his robes just kick ass. ^_^

I voted revan simply because revan was a leader, vader was a follower. It's pretty simple. In a direct confrontation, vader is more powerful. But if it came to a war, vader would lose, plain and simple. There weren't any real stipulations on the voting criteria, so I went with who I thought would be stronger. Revan would be smart enough to not fight vader directly, as he would know that was vader's strength.

I have to go with Revan.

S/He was a leader and tactician. S/He didn't let anger and hatred overwelm him (her) like Anakin did, his actions were always well tought out.

But according to George Lucas Anakin/Vader is the ultimate father. So I might change my mind after I see Revange of the Sith.

Revan Fanbois are quite funny

Vader easily, its like comparing Legolas to Feanor, or Sauron to Melkor.

Nice to see another LOTR fan who reads beyond the books... :blink:

At the zenith of his strength, Anakin Skywalker was probably the strongest Jedi in the Order. He was so strong in the Force that even falling into lava didn't destroy him. I don't think there is any comparison to his strength.

Well I imagine what if we could play and RPG where we could control Vader then Revan wouldn't get a simple vote.

It is simply not fair to compare two such figures, one from a movie and another from a game.

Maybe a better question would be exile or Revan.. :D

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Vader will eat Revan for breakfast...

Anyone remember the Midiclorides(spelling possible horribly incorrect) in Vader`s blood?(DarthVader = Anakin Skywalker son of Shmy)..that guy was GENETICALLY enhanced to be the greatest Force user

Revan was born and he was very powerful but still "His kung-fu is weak" compared to Anakin

Revan is just one of the many Force Sensitives who happened to be born with charisma.

Oh yeah..I forgot...Jar Jar Binks sucks :p

One thing to note about Vader (this came from an official SW source) is that after his fight with Obi-Wan his ability to use the force was severely reduced. Before that, Anakin had the highest midi-chlorian count of any Jedi or Sith and Sidious was a somewhat close second. After the fight with Obi-Wan, Anakin lost I think both arms and one leg, which cuts down the midi-chlorian count by a lot. This actually placed him I believe as the third most powerful (force-wise), after Sidious and then Luke. Sidious also had some something called a Kyber Crystal which increase his affinity to the force and made him #1 after Anakin fell in the lava.

The thing about being the chosen one is that Vader was not necessarily destined to the be the most powerful Jedi of all time, but was destined to balance the force, which he did by killing Sidious in ROTJ.

And that is also hardly conclusive as Revan never really broke a sweat either. At least I never saw a message "While delivering one heck of an ass-whooping you suddenly break into a sweat".

In fact that guy didn't even sweat on Tatooine!

Even more amazing is the fact that Revan kicked all that butt without ever eating, drinking or going to the bathroom. I mean that's endurance.

And while Revan DID take the occasional power nap (what - about 10-15 seconds during the takeoff and landing cutscenes) but even that was only for the purposes of having special visions of the star maps. The guy was invincible!

and also i notice that most of the posts on this sight are quite rightly in favour of vader (im a poet an didnt know it!) the poll favours revan!

does this mean that vader is more favourable to the more intelligent among us while the dumb prefer revan?

oh and i second the hats of to the lotr fans nice to see someone else appreciates the true scope of (or lack of in comparison) saurons power when compared to the past figures of middle earth history

And that is also hardly conclusive as Revan never really broke a sweat either.  At least I never saw a message "While delivering one heck of an ass-whooping you suddenly break into a sweat". 

In fact that guy didn't even sweat on Tatooine!

Even more amazing is the fact that Revan kicked all that butt without ever eating, drinking or going to the bathroom.  I mean that's endurance.

And while Revan DID take the occasional power nap (what - about 10-15 seconds during the takeoff and landing cutscenes) but even that was only for the purposes of having special visions of the star maps.  The guy was invincible!

if hes so invincible , how come hes so easily beaten by daft little computer bugs!!

or that he can only fight people selected as enemys, rather than just randomly slaughter whoever he wants.

also revan was captured and his memory wiped by the jedi. see that happenin to vader er dont think so somehow!

Look at it this way, I'm sure alot of people im Vader's time didn't think he was the most powerful, but then he killed them all.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Nah, Jedi have techniques to remove the toxins out of their systems.

But if he ate something made in UK, then yes, not even Jedi trainning could save him.

:D

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Here's the thing about those annoying bugs that you claim killed Revan.. see those bug didn't specifically go after Revan - they were world killing bugs. I mean those bugs crashed the entire galaxy so of course Revan went with it. But that is a moot point because Vader, if in that situation, would have been powerless as well!

As for the memory wipe.. well heck - if this all powerful Vader can get beat by Obi-Wan then he could have had his memory wiped no problem - Obi-Wan just never thought about it. And I guess also the fact that Vader ended up in Lava made the possiblity somewhat remote.

Nah..Revan hasn`t died...

At least Malak who was his apprentice KNEW when to strike(Jedi party boarded Revan`s ship)

..and what did Revan do? He was SO blind that he NEVER foresaw the rocket/rockets/lasers/whatever were flying to his ship

..also from a nuclear warhead or some plasma thingie I seriously doubt one that stood 5 meters away from revan could`ve made it alive not counting SHE was counscoius(??) to have him alive and carry him out

We talk also about cabin depresurization which sucks you into space...

But I`m sure a memory wiped Jedi could fight a BORN Jedi anyway *insert irony*

Also an interesting thing: It`s mentioned somewhere in kotor 1 that "Force can do terrible things to the mind" ... it looks awfully close to severing one`s connection to the Force since it can`t just vanish and u wake up in the morning feeling the whole Universe and in teh evening u`re a dumb soldier who knows nothing but foreign languages and have dreams that he/she doesn`t know what they are...THUS Revan suffers from the same ABOMINATION that struck the Exile

At his known peak of power(when he departed to the Outer Rim) he was nothing more than a more powerful Jedi/Sith/neither of them-I can explain why but I wrote enough

The fact is you cannot even compare the two...if Revan fell into lava and had his limbs and legs severed, he would be dead...but Vader survived. Powerful as Revan is, Vader remains the strongest. Now a viable comparison would be Ep 3 Anakin vs. Revan...I wonder who would win? :p

I can see that.

Anakin: I'm still so pissed off about my Mom! I miss her so!

Revan: You know, I once helped a friend come to terms with her mother, maybe I can help you too!

Anakin: My mother is dead!

Revan: Oh, sorry bout that....was she eaten by a Krayt Dragon by any chance?

Anakin: No she was tortured by Sandpeople!

Revan: Oh the Sandpeople! They're not so bad if you get them some moisture vaporaters. The chieftan will even give you his Gaffi Stick if you do that. Err...you don't have an estranged older brother or sister too do you?

Anakin: What the hell are you talking about? The Sandpeople are EVIL! They're animals and they should be slaughtered like animals!

Revan: You know, you sound like a droid I know!. I think you two will get along. I'll get him for you. *Uses the rapid transit system to suddenly dissapear.*

Anakin: RWAAAARGH!

Unless you played DS Revan.