Xbox or PC?

I am debating whether to get KOTOR 2 on PC or XBox. I perfer playing it on PC, but the most important thing is performance. My PC has:

P4 1.9, 512 RAM, 64MB Geforce 4 Ti 4200.

I have KOTOR 1 on PC. It mostly plays fine on a resolution of 1024 x 768 and 32 bit. It was choppy in the streets of Taris, in Anchorhead on Tattoine (it was really bad!) and occasionally on Kyyyashak.

What should I do?

Also, does anyone know how it would play on a laptop with a 9600 128MB Pro Mobility Card?

Thanks.

well its a fact! you have too sit there in front of your computer for minutes just to load the thing in and swtiching in between four disks while playing >_< .

The PC you may have may be advanced system but It always is going out of date...gees your computers are out of date already.PC may have this and that, but just keep to what you want, we all have differ opinions.

bla bla bla

(man waiting for kotor II is driving me insane. worst thing I ring up my store tomorrow and ask if its in but the wrost thing is they say "no" >_< )

Ok a PC might need a bit more time until you play the game for the first time, but afterwards you have faster loading times, better graphics, better game control (aka mouse and keybord).

Also for the one who said that PCs get out of date.

Sorry but you seem to forget that consoles have that habit too.

I don't recall KOTOR being available for NES or Sega Saturn..

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Ok a PC might need a bit more time until you play the game for the first time, but afterwards you have faster loading times, better graphics, better game control (aka mouse and keybord).

Or Snes, gameboy, Gameboy Advance....

I just like PC version so I can hack it and mod it to my desire.

another good reason why PC is better, also, you got to chip your console to use a backup copy of the original, while on the PC you just need to know the protection and use a burning software and bam, instant backup and safety to the original. (which is legal since you can have a single copy of your original for backup purposes)

well its a fact! you have too sit there in front of your computer for minutes just to load the thing in and swtiching in between four disks while playing

No. You Install 4 disks once only, never do you need anything but they play disk after that.

Xbox because you don't have to sit there for 15 mins or more just to load the game in and swtich in between 4 disks.

Your PC must be a total piece of crap, fossil like almost. This should take seconds, like it does on mine. Only the initial install should take a few minutes.

There is not even a comparison for me, just take that kids toy back to the creche. I'll keep tuning this bad boy up. My screenshots pawn yours, and so does my 50+ button keyboard.

well its a fact! you have too sit there in front of your computer for minutes just to load the thing in and swtiching in between four disks while playing

No. You Install 4 disks once only, never do you need anything but they play disk after that.

Xbox because you don't have to sit there for 15 mins or more just to load the game in and swtich in between 4 disks.

Your PC must be a total piece of crap, fossil like almost. This should take seconds, like it does on mine. Only the initial install should take a few minutes.

There is not even a comparison for me, just take that kids toy back to the creche. I'll keep tuning this bad boy up. My screenshots pawn yours, and so does my 50+ button keyboard.

noted Mr Adan! but all PC's will become crap one day! including yours! :angry:

noted Mr Adan! but all PC's will become crap one day! including yours! 

Not really, Pc's evolve, when you add your new Gfx Cards or more R.A.M, etc. Unlike the one off console

Side note, 3 days left eh. Wierd, i cant seem to enjoy any other game atm while i am waiting. Makes the 3 days even worse - _ -

noted Mr Adan! but all PC's will become crap one day! including yours! 

Not really, Pc's evolve, when you add your new Gfx Cards or more R.A.M, etc. Unlike the one off console

Side note, 3 days left eh. Wierd, i cant seem to enjoy any other game atm while i am waiting. Makes the 3 days even worse - _ -

I guess you are right Mr Adan...almost...please excuse my flame.

But any way as note 3 I know how you feel Mr Adan as the days draw closer for kotor II it gets more exciting and and harder as the days seem like years :thumbsup:

I am debating whether to get KOTOR 2 on PC or XBox. I perfer playing it on PC, but the most important thing is performance. My PC has:

P4 1.9, 512 RAM, 64MB Geforce 4 Ti 4200.

I have KOTOR 1 on PC. It mostly plays fine on a resolution of 1024 x 768 and 32 bit. It was choppy in the streets of Taris, in Anchorhead on Tattoine (it was really bad!) and occasionally on Kyyyashak.

What should I do?

Also, does anyone know how it would play on a laptop with a 9600 128MB Pro Mobility Card?

Thanks.

Buy the PC version because there is always a chance that they will make patches to fix the problems for the PC where as there is no hope of a patch for the Xbox. Also if your wanting I would recomend purchasing a new video card they are fairly cheep for a 128 MB which is more than capable of handleing the graphics of the KOTOR series.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

actually i think control is easier with a controller and usually when using a mouse and keyboard you can forget where everything is or even (god forbid) have to redo your binds again and again and again and again.....and you have to streeeetch your hand to reach the other side of the keyboard whilst trying to operate the movement buttons at the same time.

plus the loading times are ridiculus....

plus xbox isnt as bad as ps2...

p.s this is slowly evolving into a flame war

I guess you are right Mr Adan...almost...please excuse my flame.

Bastila no, don't agree. Give in to your hate and argue with me :thumbsup:

Cool new PC screens @ Gamespy

I see kotor2.com has some new PC screens to, 6. Seen a few of them before though.

actually i think control is easier with a controller and usually when using a mouse and keyboard you can forget where everything is or even (god forbid) have to redo your binds again and again and again and again.....and you  have to streeeetch your hand to reach the other side of the keyboard whilst trying to operate the movement buttons at the same time.

plus the loading times are ridiculus....

plus xbox isnt as bad as ps2...

p.s this is slowly evolving into a flame war

Right ... I can forget what exatly are the combo buttons on a controler as I doubt I would forget what is fire button on a mouse.

In some games a gamepad is preferable (fighting games) but that holds true to all type of countrols, playing a flight sim without a joystick and trottle is not as a good experiance and the same goes with racing sims were a wheel is preferable.

Also your aguments over binding is lost since PC usually allow binding of keys as consoles titles most of the time allow only certain configuration choices if any at all.

Same goes with your "issues" with the keyboard, most games are mouse driven with menu systems with the keyboard storing quick keys, I had far more trouble with Fable interface that I had with KotOR PC interface.

As for the Xbox not being as "bad" as the PS2 ... the PS2 have the R2 and L2 keys that I prefere over the Xbox controler have the white and black button, also the S controler replaced the orignal Xbox controler that was pretty bad in layout.

Loading times depend on several factors, PCs will have less of loading times because they have more RAM and faster processors as in XBox vs PS2 case they would end up the same if the Xbox did not used the hard drive to speed up the process.

drakron.png

Better control? That is what they call bull****. Pads can do it just as fast and you don't have to use something that isn't even desingned for playing originally. ( pads are shaped to fit your hand unlike PC controls). I know this for I have played with both a lot. You PC guys are being prejudice, you need to own a console to make statements about how a pad works.(and no, "I've tried a pad for five minutes" isn't enough). In the case you have an xbox I'll be happy to accept your opinion no matter what it is.

nothing, Nothing, and NOTHING beats the mouse and keyboard. Besides, if people really wanted, they would buy keyboards specialized for their particular game. I'm still happy with my Mouse and Keyboard though...

Check out ZBoard.

Doom 3 Keyboard Module

doom3_board.jpg

World of Warcraft (WoW) Keyboard Module

wow1_board.gif

Everquest and Everquest II Keyboard Modules

equest_board.jpg

equ1_board.gif

AND :

Don't forget that if I really wanted a controller, I could get a PC Game Pad that is BETTER than any X-BOX controller...

Better control? That is what they call bull****.

I prefer keyboard and mouse over pad and probably because of that they give feeling of better control. I have ps2 as well and I have played it more than five minutes.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.