KOTOR Comics?

I don't think anyone has noticed this (I just did because its in a comic I don't follow)

Recently Darkhorse changed its Star Wars Tales title to be more reader friendly with small self-contained story arcs.

Well its had one and possibly two KOTOR tie-ins lately.

Issue 23 begins a tale somewhat familiar to those of us who enjoyed the original KOTOR

[During the time of the Old Republic, three young Jedi in particular-one bearing the surname Qel Droma-traveled the Sith Homeworld of Korriban intending to finish their Order's "Great Hunt." What they find lurking in their own hearts proves more dangerous than any prey they're after, in this prequel to the popular Knights of the Old Republic video game.]

The second tie-in is one I just stumbled upon. In the 21st issue of Tales they began the story of Darca Nyl - a Jedi wandering the galaxy's Outer Rim hunting for revenge and hiding a deadly secret. Normally I'd pay the story no mind and planned on it until I saw the preview cover for issue #23 that is released on March 23rd and concludes the tragic tale of Darca Nyls. then I went.. oh , maybe I have to pick it up because on the cover you see a certain masked Sith who you defeat way too easily in KOTOR2 which gives you a little insight on just why Darca Nyls is so tragic and what became of him.

http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/med/10/10155.jpg

So yes, I think Darkhorse is actually explaining the origin of Darth Nihilist and none of us have noticed.

I don't think anyone has noticed this (I just did because its in a comic I don't follow)

Recently Darkhorse changed its Star Wars Tales title to be more reader friendly with small self-contained story arcs. 

Well its had one and possibly two KOTOR tie-ins lately.

Issue 23 begins a tale somewhat familiar to those of us who enjoyed the original KOTOR

[During the time of the Old Republic, three young Jedi in particular-one bearing the surname Qel Droma-traveled the Sith Homeworld of Korriban intending to finish their Order's "Great Hunt." What they find lurking in their own hearts proves more dangerous than any prey they're after, in this prequel to the popular Knights of the Old Republic video game.]

The second tie-in is one I just stumbled upon. In the 21st issue of Tales they began the story of Darca Nyl - a Jedi wandering the galaxy's Outer Rim hunting for revenge and hiding a deadly secret.  Normally I'd pay the story no mind and planned on it until I saw the preview cover for issue #23 that is released on March 23rd and concludes the tragic tale of Darca Nyls. then I went.. oh , maybe I have to pick it up because on the cover you see a certain masked Sith who you defeat way too easily in KOTOR2  which gives you a little insight on just why Darca Nyls is so tragic and what became of him.

http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/med/10/10155.jpg

So yes, I think Darkhorse is actually explaining the origin of Darth Nihilist and none of us have noticed.

Are these reprints of the old stories or are they new?

interesting.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The Great Hunt?

sounds like the story told by the the 3 datapads/journals you find (1 on Kashyyyk, 2 on Korriban) in KOTOR

-Guun Han's Journal (the Great Beast's remains) (Kash)

-Duron's Journal-(back of cave) (Korr)

-Shaela's Journal- (Naga Sadow's tomb) (Korr)

Guun Han Saresh, Duron Qel-Droma, and Shaela Nur were Three Jedi Knights to assigned to track down and Kill terentateks, and supposely had a force bond. The Results of their mission and fates of each of them are revealed in the journals....

The Great Hunt?

sounds like the story told by the the 3 datapads/journals you find (1 on Kashyyyk, 2 on Korriban) in KOTOR

-Guun Han's Journal (the Great Beast's remains) (Kash)

-Duron's Journal-(back of cave) (Korr)

-Shaela's Journal- (Naga Sadow's tomb) (Korr)

Guun Han Saresh, Duron Qel-Droma, and Shaela Nur were Three Jedi Knights to assigned to track down and Kill terentateks, and supposely had a force bond. The Results of their mission and fates of each of them are revealed in the journals....

Thanks for the info, but that's already been established as the premise of this thread. :wacko:

manthing2.jpg

This is awesome. I'm all up for a reformation of the TOTJ series to fit in with KOTOR (see sig). Are these being written by Kevin Anderson?

Lets hope not, hes done enough damage. I'd really like for someone whos abit more mature to write a couple of these things

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

This is awesome. I'm all up for a reformation of the TOTJ series to fit in with KOTOR (see sig). Are these being written by Kevin Anderson?

Lets hope not, hes done enough damage. I'd really like for someone whos abit more mature to write a couple of these things

I say Matthew Stover. Heck, Shatterpoint was so good, that he's been given the job of writing the Episode III novel. :o

manthing2.jpg

Eh, he wrote inthe NJO line of books, anything that can splinter the followers of the E.U. has to be considerable bad. As for the episode 3 novel thats even less work then writing an original star wars novel. Its just astonishing how these people can fail so consistantly when they have so little to do.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It's not by Anderson! [sigh of relief]

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=10-763

is this a reprint? or a new story? yes im lost right now.

What strikes me as weird is that they are no longer called "Tales of the Jedi". The Darca Nyl stories are in a comic book called "Tales" along with comics from the Empire Era. :devil:

What strikes me as weird is that they are no longer called "Tales of the Jedi". The Darca Nyl stories are in a comic book called "Tales" along with comics from the Empire Era.  ;)

thats what made me confused. the issue is in the same series as stuff that deals with vader, or events surrounding the empire or luke and such.