Obsidian-post notifier similar to BIO/Bliz

agris

On the battle.net *makes the sign of the cross* and Bioware forums, when someone employed by either respective company makes a thread or responds to one in their forums, a "Blizz" gif or big "W" is put next to the thread.

Would it be possible to get that function here on the boards? Have maybe a black shard of rock or something. Similar to this

obsidian.jpg

There is also the chance that no one would find this usefull, if so ignore me!

I think that its a good idea to make a different icon for a thread, if the original thread starter is an Obsidian employee. But instead of an icon, you'll always see the name of the original thread starter, and usually, it already has a different color to represent his/her "grade" (doesn't it?)

I don't see much of a need to make a special one just because an employee posted in a thread, though.

I think the reason something like this would be wanted, needed, is for those who follow what the dev's are talking about, and want to try to be up on what is actually going on, as opposed to what the latest gossip is about something. This could definatly be helpful when we get to the point of a game first being released, or even when tidbits are being released, as often they get lost in the crowd.

Yes, something like this would be greatly appreciated. There are a ton of threads currently, and sifting through them to see what the devs have to say (even if they can't say anything about P.X, it can still be worthwhile to learn their ideas, etc.) is extremely time-consuming. I would like to cast my vote for something like this.

I agree this is not a bad idea, but I am not sure whether admin will move to implement this for the reasons Hydrogen has pointed out ... but you never know :) Thanks for the great suggestion agris!

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Hopefully the admins will look into it more seriously when game info is being released. Like several people said - the idea is to save time. While a game is being developed, many many threads of speculation are made, but usually nothing is gained from it unless a employee jumps in and says something.

With the icon you would be able to tell.

I'm curious as to why you have a PETA advertisement link in your signature, agris. Would you happen to belong to the organization?

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

id prefer the special search function instead of the markign thing because with the markers you still need to find the thread witht he marker, and you still need to search for the posts in the thread. the hypothetical future search function would eliminate such thigns.

I like this feature as well, really easy to search for game information from the dev posts on the BIO boards.

However, I think it'd be cool if this could be extended to member groups (developers, moderators etc.) and then possibly also a specific user's contact list. Dunno if it's possible with this forum soft, but at least an idea for the future.

but i want one which will show the posts of all the devs.

On the BIO boards, when you click on the dev symbol besides the thread, you'll see all the posts any devs made on that thread (and only the dev posts, excluding the post that started the thread).

I never had trouble searching for all dev posts, unless I wanted them from all forums on the boards (which I never did). If you want this kind of function, then I can see a special search function being useful.