KOTOR II: I am Changed for the Experience (no spo

ATB

Where does one go after completing a masterpiece? What possible next game experience will not be a let down unless one has the fortune to head directly into another sublime experience?

That is my quandary after completing KOTOR II. The feelings are still fresh, but I am ready to tab this my number one XBOX game of all time

From your post, I'm going to draw the assumption you have not played very many games.  Flawless pacing, most complete character developement, best XBOX game of all time, and possibly the best game of all time??  Spiritual experience?

WTF  O_o

Well, if SOME people don't have the linguistic ability that others do, thats not a reson to ciritcise someone, is it? Obviously, he's going a bit far with things like Philosophy course but heh...

I've removed some posts. Trolling someone for liking the game is really poor form (or for not liking the game as well, you get the idea) and I ask that you have some respect for your fellow board members.

You may disagree, but that's no need to call someone's thoughts crap and mock them.

So please, if you haven't anything of merit to add, don't add anything.

Thanks.

newlogo.gif

I don't see any reason to bash the original poster. He enjoyed the game and he saw more in it than anybody else in this forum.

Actyually, I think that Obsidian wanted to give us a very dark chapter in the KotOR saga. And for what I hear (I haven't played the game yet), they succeded. The real world is not absolutely light or dark, it has shades of gray that the game portrayed perfectly. I guess we, the gamers, are used to perfectly defined good or evil characters. To me, that is extremely unrealistic.

Besides it is always refreshing to hear some positive feedback from people who have already played the game.

Great post ATB!

From your post, I'm going to draw the assumption you have not played very many games.  Flawless pacing, most complete character developement, best XBOX game of all time, and possibly the best game of all time??  Spiritual experience?

WTF  O_o

Epiphany from what I've read in your posts, you hated this game. Well, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. But some players have enjoyed the game so much, that they had overlooked some of its flaws.

Just because you dislike the game, doesn't mean everybody else does...

Where does one go after completing a masterpiece?  What possible next game experience will not be a let down unless one has the fortune to head directly into another sublime experience?

That is my quandary after completing KOTOR II.  The feelings are still fresh, but I am ready to tab this my number one XBOX game of all time

Nice post ATB. :blink:

Chris Avellone is a fine writer. :)

After reading your comments I'm even more psyched for the PC release. :)

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

I've removed some posts. Trolling someone for liking the game is really poor form (or for not liking the game as well, you get the idea) and I ask that you have some respect for your fellow board members.

You may disagree, but that's no need to call someone's thoughts crap and mock them.

So please, if you haven't anything of merit to add, don't add anything.

Thanks.

Aww damnit. I do some work and I missed fun time...

****!

Well, KotOR II did have its strengths - and the original poster seems to have acknowledged that all in the most positive way. :cool:

However, K2 was far from perfect; and this seems to be the dilemma for even its earnest fans - we expected so much more given all its promise and potential. We see this glass as one quarter empty rather than three quarters full. :)

manthing2.jpg

It's nice to read some positive feedback, for a change. While it might be exaggerated at some points it's still better than your usual 'OmG oMg OmG KoTOR2 R0x0Rz j00 Box0rZ!!!!11' :)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

yea thats whut i thought aboot kotor ATB but not to that complete extent. see i figured most ppl in this board didnt really stop to see the moral side of it. thats y i was lightside 4 the first 2 games but this time i did dark side...and ive been killin alot of ppl cuz revently i came to realize that nothin matters in a game...plus the ppl i kill r so weak or helpless in the game that theyre a waste..like many ppl on earth.

I have to say that I really liked this game too. It is one of my favorite games for Xbox. I personally like RPG's but I went into this game thinking that it was going to be ok and not nearly as good as the origional KotOR, wow i feel that my judgement was flawed.

This game has a unique feeling to it just like KotOR 1. I felt betrayed when there was betrayal, I wanted revenge , i wanted to offer others redemption, and i felt absorbed into the game.

Some people may believe that the story sucked, but this games real story is hard to understand if you dont pay attention and take advantage of certain dialogue choices.

This is also probably my favorite Xbox game of all time. I played this game over and over again just to get everything out of it and I still enjoy playing it.

Don't tell me this game was bad because it wasn't.

i agree we were trollish, however i think people have evryright to disagree with the original posters opinion whatever forum we are on. im sure kotor is a great game, all i am saying is perhaps it was slightly to 'vigorously' praised

peace dudes, no offence meant