Sentinel still useless?

I agree. The best lightsaber components cannot be bought, and have to be made.

Perhaps my skills at lvl 50 weren't high enough to see all the "super powerful uber" upgrades the game offers, but I found and bought everything I could have made.

Maybe you should have another look or maybe you just were super-lucky with the random loot generator.

For me I have never gotten or could by the most of the powerful upgrades. Those I could only make at the workbench. Only exception is the implants where you can

Of course, running around with level 50 character is stupid in of itself.

So 50 is possible?! That requires some work, doesn't it? I mean when K1 was limited to 20 and you still were the king of the battlefield by the end of the game, doesn't sth like 50 ruin this?

Does the fact that there isn't a lvl cap mean that you can have almost whatever lvl? So you could have like 600 points in attributes and practically infinite vita and force? I guess the good side is that you can put some points to e.g. INT, cause you can get more anyways? Or is there a max for attribute points available?

I mean 50 isn't what you would normally be in the end of the game right?

Okay thought so...

What about this:

Does the fact that there isn't a lvl cap mean that you can have almost whatever lvl? So you could have like 300 points in attributes and practically infinite vita and force? I guess the good side is that you can put some points to e.g. INT, cause you can get more anyways? Or is there a max for attribute points available?

???

Okay thought so...

What about this:

Does the fact that there isn't a lvl cap mean that you can have almost whatever lvl? So you could have like 300 points in attributes and practically infinite vita and force? I guess the good side is that you can put some points to e.g. INT, cause you can get more anyways? Or is there a max for attribute points available?

???

There is a lvl cap of 50. Enemy hit points and damage increase with your levels, so being lvl 50 is no different (combat wise) than being lvl 25. It still takes the same number of attacks to kill an enemy by the end of the game (1-2 for normal, more for bosses).

To get higher you need to use cheats.

Cheat is such a harsh word, since being lvl 50 gives you no significant advantage over the enemy that you wouldn't have already had at lvl 25. The developers obviously thought of it, since enemies scale to your level.

Maybe you should have another look or maybe you just were super-lucky with the random loot generator.

For me I have never gotten or could by the most of the powerful upgrades. Those I could only make at the workbench.

Random generator for both shops and game world = a FUBAR job. In one of my games, I never found any dark jedi robes other than padawan and the master robes at the end that aren't random. But I don't tell people they need to recheck their characters for finding/buying the robes that I wanted to have for my character.

I think random item generator sounds like a good idea, since it gives some significanse to the new workstation. I mean surely it's better not knowing what items you get everytime you play the game (not counting first) and if you really need sth you can make it, right? I mean this adds to the replay value, maybe not the biggest thing, but still.

Now of course I have yet to play the game, so what I state here is purely based on other peoples writings. So forgive the noob for being so arrogant. :-

BTW it seems you're (Epiphany) messages are almost allways a bit negative? Now don't get all pissed and angry but that is quite true isn't it?

I think random item generator sounds like a good idea, since it gives some significanse to the new workstation. I mean surely it's better not knowing what items you get everytime you play the game (not counting first) and if you really need sth you can make it, right? I mean this adds to the replay value, maybe not the biggest thing, but still.

You can't make every item, that's where the random generator theory breaks down. There's no "logic" to the item generation. You can go a whole game and never see items like dark jedi robes, or you could find 100 of them. The only items you can make are upgrades, nades, mines, packs and whatnot, not actual armors, weapons or robes.

That's where the complaints are focused on. The upgrades just make the game even easier, so they're insignificant.

If you've ever played Icewind Dale, the random generator in that game worked so much better, because it was based on a small collection of possible finds per chest/creature/area. So you'd have say, an axe, sword or armor that would random spawn in a chest. Instead of a jewel all the way to the most powerful armor in the game. It would be like playing IWD, and in 95% of the chests, you find a scroll of magic missile...

BTW it seems you're (Epiphany) messages are almost allways a bit negative? Now don't get all pissed and angry but that is quite true isn't it?

If that's what you want to believe, then fine. I've never lied about the game though. I just refuse to sugar coat something like other people do.

How about if I wanted to make a sith lord/JM? Consular or Sentinel for start?

Sentinel does get a bit of everything, that's good, but since the BaBs been leveled, there is no real reason why a consular wouldn't be able to fight in melee? More fp, powers and saves r ok. The only drawback is the low amount of feats and few skills.

Any backed up opinions?

Sentinel does get a bit of everything, that's good, but since the BaBs been leveled, there is no real reason why a consular wouldn't be able to fight in melee? More fp, powers and saves r ok. The only drawback is the low amount of feats.

Any backed up opinions?

True but even with a sentientl/Sith Lord or Jedi Master you will have more than enough force powers than you care to use and your force points isnt a issue in this game it is almost impossible to run out with a build like that :thumbsup:

Sentinel does get a bit of everything, that's good, but since the BaBs been leveled, there is no real reason why a consular wouldn't be able to fight in melee? More fp, powers and saves r ok. The only drawback is the low amount of feats and few skills.

Any backed up opinions?

You can make a guardian/sith lord and won't run out of force points... You get a ton of force points "for free" through out the game.

You can't make every item, that's where the random generator theory breaks down.  There's no "logic" to the item generation.  You can go a whole game and never see items like dark jedi robes, or you could find 100 of them.  The only items you can make are upgrades, nades, mines, packs and whatnot, not actual armors, weapons or robes.

That's not quite true, you can make a couple of basic weapons, which are upgradable.

I personally like the random generator, but perhaps it doesn't bother me because I don't care whether I get a specific robe, armor or weapon. In fact, that's why I also like the workbench, as it allows me to mould an upgradable weapon or armor to my own specs, rather than having to rely on buying or finding a specific item. Therein, I think, is the logical relationship between the random loot generator and the workbench.

I do however think that, in the interests of appeasing as many people as possible, there should have been a few more set item drops earlier in the game. Dark-side characters are screwed if the random generator doesn't favor them early in the game, whereas regular Jedi robes are a lot easier to come by (ironically, they're even easier to come by as a DS character as you're guarenteed to find them on certain characters).

I do however think that, in the interests of appeasing as many people as possible, there should have been a few more set item drops earlier in the game.  Dark-side characters are screwed if the random generator doesn't favor them early in the game, whereas regular Jedi robes are a lot easier to come by (ironically, they're even easier to come by as a DS character as you're guarenteed to find them on certain characters).

You're closing on my definement of spoiler... careful now. (Check the first post.)

with reading all this, i am gonna be going Sentinel as a starting class, but, i will see how it develop my character to see what second class to pick.

The idea of being able to make your own upgradeable weapons and armour is really appealing.

With the Random Generator thing, i think it increases the replay value quite alot, since you ain't gonna get the same stuff a second or third time through, which is a good thing.

I guess us PC Users will find out in 6-12 days. (i am sure i am wrong by a few days)

Well i'm going for consular/jedi master first time through but i'll definitely being going for sentinal the second time through.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

yeah the random item findin thing is sorta annoyin.. when i was DS male i couldnt find any dark robes except when i am just about to beat the game..yet when i started for the 4th time DS female i found a robe on the Harbinger or whateverrr.. if there is kotor3 i hope its less random and items r more placed ;)

I don't agree with you here. Based from my experience from KotOR, I had a lot of fun the first time just scavenging every container and corpse just to see what was inside and what cool item I'd get. Now this random gen. really gives this nice feeling back once your playing your later playthroughs. It's gonna be like: "Yes! i got the xxxxxx, wohoo!!!!"

What can I say- I'm a equipment junkie. :p

Edit(addition):And don't you just dare come and counter this with something like "but then you might end up without anything" or "dont have no DS robes, my character does still look like a LS goon", I don't care if I don't get all the good stuff, I'm gonna play it so many times anyway. And if you don't like your clothes you can allways go commando.

I do however think that, in the interests of appeasing as many people as possible, there should have been a few more set item drops earlier in the game.  Dark-side characters are screwed if the random generator doesn't favor them early in the game, whereas regular Jedi robes are a lot easier to come by (ironically, they're even easier to come by as a DS character as you're guarenteed to find them on certain characters).

You're closing on my definement of spoiler... careful now. (Check the first post.)

There is nothing even remotely close to being spoilerish in his post...

I don't agree with you here. Based from my experience from KotOR, I had a lot of fun the first time just scavenging every container and corpse just to see what was inside and what cool item I'd get. Now this random gen. really gives this nice feeling back once your playing your later playthroughs. It's gonna be like: "Yes! i got the xxxxxx, wohoo!!!!"

What can I say- I'm a equipment junkie.

Then be prepared to have games where all you find are medpacs and vibroblades. Be prepared to be frustrated if you never find any robes for your character that "match" (DS robes for DS characters, etc..). Also be prepared to find the most basic of equipment all the way up until the end of the game. Be prepared to look at vendor inventories and walk away because they have nothing but absolute junk.